starting strength gym
Page 260 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1602102502582592602612622703103607601260 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    Rip, I understand that you're angry, and probably have good reason to be. But the "you're with or us or against us" shtick is childish and tiresome.
    No, I'm afraid that drawing lines in the sand and picking sides is now the mature, adult thing to do. A high road, "let's all get along" mode of thinking is juvenile. The US is moving towards conflict, and has been for years. Whether it's with herself or with China is undecided.

The corona virus fiasco may not be the final catalyst, but violence is on its way. It's inevitable at this point. The powers that be can't take away 30 million people's livelihood and expect them to just go along with it peacefully.

Alea iacta est. Man is not so far removed from his baser instincts as he would like to think.

I'm not partaking in the "culture" discussion because the character of a nation changes very slowly, even in times like these. Like I said: priorities.

If you think your neighbors are fools, cowards, or snitches - rest assured, they also were in February, and the February before that.

We're quite aware of that, Shiva. It was just easier to pretend, previously.

Quote Originally Posted by jklymus View Post
    As long as JB has illinois closed and in a state of emergency, hes open to potential funds from the federal government. They just so happen to be asking for 41 billion dollars, which ironically would really help the bankrupt pension program, that corrupt politicians have been kicking down the road for decades.

But no no, it's not about that! Its about staying home, staying safe, and saving lives! #flattenthecurve

Yes rip, we elect some real stand up guys. Jelly belly and his trusty sidekick Lori Lightfoot are absolute cream of the crop.

As they say, never let a good crisis go to waste
    Sounds about right. Yet Blago was the “criminal.”

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    It's become obvious that this was never about the virus. The narrative and the justification for lockdown are changing daily. This was a power grab from the very beginning, the logical step to take after the arms controlling the media failed to impeach Trump.

30 million people have lost their jobs. 30 million. Almost 10% of the entire population of the US, and over 14% of the working age population. There will be no "quick restart". Tens of thousands are going to lose houses and spouses.

The country has gone through two rent collection dates, and the governors of several states have extended house arrest until May 31. Gas is $1.59 in my area right now, but in a few months there's going to be a fuel shortage. There are meat shortages at all the grocery stores near me.

Leaders have no realistic plans to handle any of this. Businesses are trying to reopen on their own and the police are fining them. People's savings are running dry. Society is about to get violent.
    I suspect it’s the fear of an establishment that’s run out of rope and printed the market into oblivion. In the Weimar Republic the bank tried the same trick and smacked into a wall of hyper inflation. The way a central bank would think to avoid the hyper inflationary part of the curve is to control the spending of the population through fear, digital money and a UBI. If anyone gets violent they will be put down hard in the name of Covid. We appear to be in the last throws of empire when fiddling with paper and corrupt Government no longer does the trick, so they’ve moved on to a more direct form of control. Whether Covid was planned, or whether it’s just opportunism is hard to say, but it’s clear where they are going with this. They are beta testing.

42-year-old firefighter is one of the state’s youngest victims of COVID-19 — Midcoast — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine

Another bullshit death.

Next up, experts learn Covid19 may cause spontaneous combustion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    I'm not partaking in the "culture" discussion because the character of a nation changes very slowly, even in times like these.
    Slowly? You really are living in a detached world of abstraction. You either haven't comprehended or refuse to acknowledge that the US adopted India's caste system with respect to non-essential workers with a Yul Brynner as pharaoh style pronouncement of "so let it be written, so let it be done" in a matter of days.

So how slow is that?

The US is moving towards conflict, and has been for years. Whether it's with herself or with China is undecided.
    We surely need someone to model whether "having a civil war" or "test-and-trace" is the better strategy going forward.

Society is about to get violent.
    You bet your ass it is. And that may or may not portend well. To quote wiig: "dispense with the pleasantries and thin veneer of civil discourse". I think every single last one of the politicians involved with this fiasco, including ALL 535 sitting members of Congress, should be tried for treason and summarily hung publicly.

On a positive note, my gym has re-opened. He didn't advertise, just sent out a group text saying everyone's door access fobs were active. He can't stay closed any longer.

starting strength coach development program
    Speaking of a thin veneer.....folks are starting to stop playing nice with this bullshit. The longer this goes on the more incidents like this there will be. Texas park ranger asking people to comply with social distancing is pushed into lake; suspect arrested | Fox News