starting strength gym
Page 261 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1612112512592602612622632713113617611261 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    If you think your neighbors are fools, cowards, or snitches - rest assured, they also were in February, and the February before that.
    We also knew our government was largely corrupt.

In both cases the increases in opportunity and willingness to demonstrate it at the cost of the rest of us is the rather significant difference.

I find the existence of pedophiles disgusting. I find having one in my neighborhood to be something different entirely.

Not a difficult distinction to make sans some sort of social or mental handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanNewell View Post
    We surely need someone to model whether "having a civil war" or "test-and-trace" is the better strategy going forward.
    And when we have that model, you'll just decide for us what to do, right? Or maybe Donald will let Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Debbie Birx decide how everyone shall behave. Has it not occurred to you that things are already in motion that these geniuses decided about and fucked up, and that the consequences are out of control?

In Los Angeles, the homeless are losing patience: '''Tell the hotels they are commandeered.''' Homeless activists are losing patience with L.A.

The standard way out of an economic depression: US Air Force bombers conduct sorties over South China Sea

Clearly, it is wrong for states to reopen. Someone living an one of those states might die: WHO: US just reported deadliest day for coronavirus Look at the caption on the photo at the top of this article. Look who is sad and tired.

Someone might die like this little boy: Ohio State alum shares story of child's suicide, tells parents COVID-19 isolation is real | WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio | Columbus News, Weather & Sports

And economies are complicated, Spacediver. Even more complicated than respiratory diseases: Beef Output is Down Do you know who owns Smithfield?

Karl Denninger war games it a little from the business failure / tax base angle. It does not end well.

Quote Originally Posted by CFinAK View Post
    Speaking of a thin veneer.....folks are starting to stop playing nice with this bullshit. The longer this goes on the more incidents like this there will be. Texas park ranger asking people to comply with social distancing is pushed into lake; suspect arrested | Fox News
    Haha, the spirit of America is still alive after all.

In another post Denninger comments on the EVMS Critical Care COVID-19 Management Protocol.

Our treatment protocol targeting these key pathologies has achieved near uniform success, if
    begun within 6 hours of a COVID19 patient presenting with shortness of breath or needing ≥
    4L/min of oxygen.

It's based on "...employ[ing] anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant treatments, including corticosteroid therapy early in the course of a patient’s hospitalization." It sounds reasonable to this layman. Have the professionals here heard of it? @jfsully any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    As for the cut-off, I have no fucking clue. But can we assume that 5 people is probably fine, and 50 thousand people in an indoor mosh pit is not?

See my reply to George.
    If this is your response to my question of how many people I am allowed to invite to my house... you’re missing the forest for the trees.

I guess it was kind of a trick question though. The correct answer is something along the lines of, “it’s your house, invite however many people you have enough ribs to feed.”

And just so we’re clear, all ribs get a dry rub before smoking, whether they get sauced at the end or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

And economies are complicated, Spacediver. Even more complicated than respiratory diseases: Beef Output is Down Do you know who owns Smithfield?
    I think I've made it clear, on many occasions, that the lockdown is destroying both the economy and society. I'm also aware that China has essentially infiltrated the WHO and it wouldn't surprise me if Smithfield's being allowed to re-open was a result of it being owned by WH group.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    I suspect it’s the fear of an establishment that’s run out of rope and printed the market into oblivion. In the Weimar Republic the bank tried the same trick and smacked into a wall of hyper inflation. The way a central bank would think to avoid the hyper inflationary part of the curve is to control the spending of the population through fear, digital money and a UBI. If anyone gets violent they will be put down hard in the name of Covid. We appear to be in the last throws of empire when fiddling with paper and corrupt Government no longer does the trick, so they’ve moved on to a more direct form of control. Whether Covid was planned, or whether it’s just opportunism is hard to say, but it’s clear where they are going with this. They are beta testing.
    The federal government essentially has three options:

1. Remove the states' lockdown abilities. This would be another defeat for the federal system, but it would at least give the country a fighting chance.

2. Print money. We all know where that leads. If you think Trump is literally Hitler, watch out kids, you ain't seen nothing yet.

3. Do nothing. Force the states to take responsibility for what they've wrought. This is the best decision the federal government could make. Some major cities will collapse, there will be riots, thousands and thousands will lose out on pensions, etc, but maybe, just maybe, people will figure out how money works.

Covid wasn't planned, but something had to push things over the edge. The current state of affairs is the natural conclusion to unsustainable fiscal policy decisions stretching back until at least the first World War.

When this thing first hit, I panicked at the shut-downs. Then I settled down because I thought, "Surely people will realize this is insane. They'll open things up in two weeks and realize what a horrible mistake they've made."

Nope. We are in this for the long haul. The powers that be are going to run this thing out until at least the November elections, probably into next year as well. This is what a cold civil war looks like.

This is promising at least......I realize there's more to it, but this is a good step: Apple Data Shows Shelter-In-Place Is Ending, Whether Governments Want It To Or Not

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I said “house” not “trailer”
    It will be a small apartment next to a drug operation in a dilapidated, poorly constructed, emotionless drab grey building with a 7 character alphanumeric identity descriptor.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    ... There are meat shortages at all the grocery stores near me.
    ...Society is about to get violent.
    My stores too. Limiting purchases and half of it is discounted at 50%, because it is lower quality or near expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    ... Do you know who owns Smithfield?
    This one needs to be amplified and explicitly stated: The Chinese Communist Party owns Smithfield.