starting strength gym
Page 262 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1622122522602612622632642723123627621262 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    In another post Denninger comments on the EVMS Critical Care COVID-19 Management Protocol.

Our treatment protocol targeting these key pathologies has achieved near uniform success, if
    begun within 6 hours of a COVID19 patient presenting with shortness of breath or needing ≥
    4L/min of oxygen.

It's based on "...employ[ing] anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant treatments, including corticosteroid therapy early in the course of a patient’s hospitalization." It sounds reasonable to this layman. Have the professionals here heard of it? @jfsully any thoughts?
    I’m not caring for COVID patients who are still sick with it. I’m a psychiatrist, so my thoughts are unencumbered by actual experience in this area.

This protocol from EVMS contains mostly variations on treatments already very familiar to ICU docs, and I’m sure many institutions are working with protocols similar to this. It’s become clear to anyone paying attention that the severe phenotype of COVID has important differences from other severe viral or other pneumonias. Much will be learned from hard-won experience and rapid information-sharing. There is no time for elaborate controlled trials, though these are being done as best they can. Just like the epidemiologists, critical care docs are operating with a shortage of quality data and having to make the best of it, as there is no “pause” button available.

In my experience and opinion, critical care and pulmonology docs are among the smartest in any hospital. They don’t have time for bullshit or politics, have good instincts, and are in favor of treatments that work, whether or not the evidence or popular opinion is quite there yet (don’t get me wrong, they are among the best at practicing evidence-based medicine). They are used to taking care of the sickest among us, and I am confident that we will see some effective treatment protocols emerge in the coming weeks and months. Too late for many, but critical if this virus hangs around (which seems likely).

Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    Karl Denninger war games it a little from the business failure / tax base angle. It does not end well.
    I prefer this guy to the cancer diabetic data analyst divorced single mom. And the page design!

CDC cut the official COVID deaths nearly in half.....went from 60+K to a little over 37K. Isn't that interesting?
    Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19):

Quote Originally Posted by CFinAK View Post
    CDC cut the official COVID deaths nearly in half.....went from 60+K to a little over 37K. Isn't that interesting?
    Well clearly...this needs to be ignored.

Yea, but look at all the qualifying language:
    NOTE: Number of deaths reported in this table are the total number of deaths received and coded as of the date of analysis and do not represent all deaths that occurred in that period. The United States population, based on 2018 postcensal estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau, is 327,167,434.

*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death.
    Basically, nobody knows anything.

Imagine that. Don’t be surprised if that gets cut in half again.

Curious to see what the counter-argument to this is.

What, How and Why?