starting strength gym
Page 2620 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1620212025202570261026182619262026212622263026702720 ... LastLast
Results 26,191 to 26,200 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    ...I've never heard of this moroccan pillaging during WW2, I guess that's what we deserve for raping ethiopian girls in WW1. Right, Yngvi? *sarcasm*...
    Just wait for what the Italians deserve in return for Antony Fauci.
    (Disclaimer: I stand with my Italian friends and recognize Italy's right to exist as a homeland for all of the Italian people. I am not, nor have I ever been anti-Italic and denounce anti-Italicism in any form.)

...I'm starting to realize how an incremental adaptive nature and the analysis necessary to create a Model, actually apply to almost anything in life, and how random things are without it.
    I get what you're saying here.
    Ideological purity spiral weakens a group, rather than strengthening it.
    Individualism and free will are accommodated by the model, even though deviations from the model are not elevated as the ideal.

The Jesus censorship bill in Israel looks like it was designed to divide and distract the nation while normalizing censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    “Covid lockdown was the worst thing that could have happened to this country.”

Yeah, I’m gonna have to add an addendum to that:

“So far”.
    “So far” is the right posture.

From my point of view, (I know it doesn’t fit the grand conspiracies) teachers started the global lockdown. They called a “snow day” without any thought to an end day. This was locally normal, acceptable, and well within their jurisdiction. Unfortunately, one snow day can be very hard on working parents, let alone a three or four day event.

Because this snow day wasn’t going to ever end, employers had to do something. Telework. Governments moving up the chain from local to state to federal had to do something and it escalated. One silly policy after another. Collapsing businesses, health care rationing, living in fear, all from a snow day.

The medical industry and corrupt governments exploited a butter fly flapping its wings in Antarctica. Classic bottom up divergent crisis, not top down corruption. Although the top is wickedly corrupt and evil. And teachers are the lambs. Ironic.

As bad as this all was “so far”, nothing prevents another “snow day”.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Covid lockdown was the worst thing that could have happened to this country. What I don't understand is how Trump allowed it to happen on his watch. Things were going well for most of us, then over night a horror story began. Our President seemed to have put his trust into those he was led to believe that they knew what they were doing, but it turns out they only had their interests on there mind. I saw Fauci on TV last week, when asked why he did what he did it was all double talk, like a true politician.
    Trump always ended up more or less deferring to established institutions. No matter how much he cried "Fake News!", he still gladly submitted to being cuckolded by the fake news media. If he was as much a maverick as people hoped he was, he would have established the careers of young independent journalists, and told the old, obsolete liars to pound sand. Instead, he chose to foolishly sit for long form interviews with irrelevant dinosaurs like Bob Woodward.

Despite all his bluster, he clearly had a profound fear of mainstream liberal media disapproval. When asked why he didn't fire Fauci, he said because it would have caused a "firestorm on the left". Seriously, old man? He never broke free of their psychological grip. Deep down, he still respects the neoliberal world order. He makes the same mistake of all Clown World: he substitutes taking difficult and painful action with word spells, bluffs and magical thinking. He's basically a Clown World apostate who still wants to be a part of the Clown World social circle. It was his greatest weakness, and they exploited it to the hilt.

Either that, or he's a Judas goat who was allowed to throw Americans a few bones while leading them off a cliff. The way he handled COVID and the vaxx, as well as the way he abandoned his January 6th followers, can reasonably be interpreted as evidence for this unpleasant possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Trump always ended up more or less deferring to established institutions. No matter how much he cried "Fake News!", he still gladly submitted to being cuckolded by the fake news media. If he was as much a maverick as people hoped he was, he would have established the careers of young independent journalists, and told the old, obsolete liars to pound sand. Instead, he chose to foolishly sit for long form interviews with irrelevant dinosaurs like Bob Woodward.

Despite all his bluster, he clearly had a profound fear of mainstream liberal media disapproval. When asked why he didn't fire Fauci, he said because it would have caused a "firestorm on the left". Seriously, old man? He never broke free of their psychological grip. Deep down, he still respects the neoliberal world order. He makes the same mistake of all Clown World: he substitutes taking difficult and painful action with word spells, bluffs and magical thinking. He's basically a Clown World apostate who still wants to be a part of the Clown World social circle. It was his greatest weakness, and they exploited it to the hilt.

Either that, or he's a Judas goat who was allowed to throw Americans a few bones while leading them off a cliff. The way he handled COVID and the vaxx, as well as the way he abandoned his January 6th followers, can reasonably be interpreted as evidence for this unpleasant possibility.
    Post of the Week. Contact Bre through the store for your T-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Covid lockdown was the worst thing that could have happened to this country. What I don't understand is how Trump allowed it to happen on his watch. Things were going well for most of us, then over night a horror story began. Our President seemed to have put his trust into those he was led to believe that they knew what they were doing, but it turns out they only had their interests on there mind. I saw Fauci on TV last week, when asked why he did what he did it was all double talk, like a true politician.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I guess you are right, mainly since I can't be bothered to listen to Peterson for more than two minutes these days. It all seems like too much talk to me, but there obviously is an audience. I don't hate the message.
    I see why you wouldn't like his type of rethoric.
    I am fascinated by people who can eloquently and precisely describe what they're thinking, and Peterson has been thinking A LOT about the same issues for the past years so he can describe his thoughts very well, although it's still hard to listen to him sometimes, but I've gotten used to consuming long duration content.
    He doesn't cry as much anymore

I'll bet that if he got his test up to 1000mg/dl, he'd have a lot less to say.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post

I agree with your assessment, especially the last paragraph.

I've thought for a while he's played a role as the "punching bag" for the deep state to show us plebes what's in store for anyone else who tries to take them on.

As George said in his own elegant way, "It's a big club, and we ain't in it."

I think 1971 was the worst thing to happen

WTF Happened In 1971?
    When Nixon "temporarily" removed the gold backed US dollar for the petro dollar in 1971, they must have known it would be a slow demise for our country, and they would no longer be alive to suffer the consequences of their actions.

You know, just like they're still doing now. Get a bunch of geriatric corrupt politicians to enact absolutely absurd policies and laws who will simply get rich and never be held accountable, while they sit back and smugly smile while the USA is burned to the ground.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'll bet that if he got his test up to 1000mg/dl, he'd have a lot less to say.
    He did go on an all carnivore diet before, along with his daughter. Both of them showed their bloodwork after 1 year and it had improved dramatically. LDL levels were really low. Her daughter who was, like me, suffering from Juvenile Arthritis from age 7, saw all her symptoms disappear as well as elimination of SSRIs and Adderrall (this is when I'm glad I wasn't born in the US).
    I wonder what it did to Peterson's testosterone, I bet it went up in the last few years. He's not a blabbering nervous mess anymore, at least publicly, but you can tell that's also part of his personality and it was due to unbelivable stress having to deal with the woke mobs.