starting strength gym
Page 2651 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 1651215125512601264126492650265126522653266127012751 ... LastLast
Results 26,501 to 26,510 of 30206

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This was a very enjoyable interview.
    I am also happy I am not the only person openly calling NPR state-run media anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    I actually spent a few hours articulating and rewording my own definition for the concept of "evil", yet your definition contains the spirit of my attempts in a simpler and more applicable way. "Evil is the desire for power over other people" is brilliant, kudos to you Mark for formulating that.
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I think most things that fall under "evil" are anti-social, and since we are social animals, we see that as "not good".
    Exploitation of other humans, torture, pedophilia and other sexual misconduct, random violence, psychological manipulation, unwillingness to participate in social life or share with others.
    Murder is not on the list by the way, killing other humans is obviously necessary in certain contexts, although not desirable. Fucking a kid or accumulating enormous amounts of wealth through slavery are never necessary or good to anyone, not even the person "benefitting" from them, because they end up isolated and hated by everyone else, as well as a target for elimination.
    Most of this follows. Unwillingness to participate in social life cannot be construed as evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Most of this follows. Unwillingness to participate in social life cannot be construed as evil.
    Voluntarily deciding or even despising the participation in social contexts sounds to me like a dangerous person. Some people have disorders that make it hard for them to engage, but it's not because they don't want to.
    But you're right, it's not an action, so it doesn't count, even if it could be the reason for evil action. Not sharing is still on the fence for me, everyone shares something with others, someone who doesn't share, voluntarily, is a leech, unless we are talking about an isolated completely autonomous person living in the woods or something.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    The thing is, it's way easier to track someone's kilo of cocaine, than someone's bitcoins. It's designed to be used without the consent of a central government, so who gives a shit if it's legal or not? Walmart won't let you use it? Good, fuck them. I'm sure eventually someone who actually is negatively impacted by fiat money will get tired and accept bitcoins whether they are legal or not.
    Have you ever heard of "easy doesn't work"? I know we've been spoiled for the last 50 years to have everything we want at our disposal at all times, but if you want change, you gotta change.
    If you expect everything to stay the same, but that the government will happily replace dollars with bitcoins, you missed the point.
    Consensus is still what makes money valuable in terms of acceptance, but sound money always wins eventually.
    Why don’t you pay for your groceries with cocaine? Presumably because the store wouldn’t accept it. But why wouldn’t they accept cocaine, a valuable product in exchange for goods and services?

2nd question. 2 parts. What gives Fiat currency value? Obviously its that everyone accepts it. What makes everyone accept fiat currency?

The answer is simple and unescapable. Governments require taxes, taxes that they will imprison and potentially kill you for not paying them. And they will only accept payment in fiat currency. You cannot pay the IRS in livestock, Gold, Cocaine, Women, or anything else that has value. Only USD.

Therefore anyone who accepts payment in anything else is a fool, because they are accepting items of value whilst still oweing a debt to the IRS. It doesn't matter that I trade 1 thing of value with you for another thing of value, too our mutual benefit, as we both have a debt to the government that can only be paid in USD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    As a former deterministic material reductionist, what changed my mind was realizing that the vast majority of physical sciences are based on general theories that completely fall apart at the very micro and very macro levels, and the fact that our physical senses are limited to an extremely small intersection of the physical world. Simply, that we kinda know how some kinda things work within a very small sliver of perceived reality, but not much beyond that.

Independent of personal point of view (materialism vs something else), general theories of science are far more powerful than specific theories that only work under narrow conditions. And, the big theories don’t always completely fail, they are often just limited by the number of accurate useful decimals.

Having said that, the two “camps” continuously debate whether we know 99% of all that is knowable vs. we really don’t know anything yet (or ever). That’s an interesting debate.

starting strength coach development program
    ---------
    Jessica Rose:
    This literally made me throw up my arms and scream YEAH BITCH! (In a good way. ) You ASK your questions truth tellers, and you do it until they drag you away! They won't be able to drag us all away! Thanks @WoodReporting for the share. Free Assange. Hypocrites.
    https://twitter.com/JesslovesMJK/sta...5vbfqL--w&s=19

Trish Wood:
    This is what happens when critical thinking breaks out in a crowd of hypnotized, propagandized Democrats. She is brave. Look at the smug expressions. We are in deep shit if these are the "smart" people. Note the masking.
    #UkraineWar #Assange

https://twitter.com/WoodReporting/st...LJC_R8WuQ&s=19

-------------------------