starting strength gym
Page 268 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 1682182582662672682692702783183687681268 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    Let me make this clear up front....Gold's sucks as a place to lift weights.

However, their business model as "fitness" outfit was like printing money. Cardio movie rooms, auto drafts, good looking pin-setters, senior hours, goofy group classes, etc.....

IF they can't make it, no one is going to lend money or invest in this industry.

Incidentally, noticed at least one small college (private) will be closing their doors forever. An institution that has been around since 1885. May not seem like a big deal, but 200+ years of continuous existence is a pretty big deal to suddenly just go away. What's next?

sb
    Gold’s has been struggling for years. They’ve made foolish attempts to dip into every facet of the health and fitness industry and spread themselves thin building “silos” that are a cheap imitation of the real thing. they wasted a ton of money on stupid shit. A couple years ago they fucked their trainers over hard and lost a good portion of their veterans. Top that off with terrible customer service and terrible human resources and this is what you get.

That company didn’t survive a week of lockdown, let alone months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That's a pretty damn good summary, David. Good boys and girls wear their masks, and Santa Claus remembers.
    He especially remembers at the state level. So they think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    JHis plan opens gyms last, along with other "recreational" businesses. This contrasts sharply with Trump's plan, which opens gyms in the first phase. It spells doom for the boutique fitness industry in NY.
    This is at least twice you have mentioned this. One might think that you, like Fauci, he of the pencil neck and lab rat for hire, may be enjoying rather more than a bit of schadenfreude from this prospect. I guess the jocks made your life Hell in school, eh? It's OK, you can tell us about it.

So John Horgan concludes that you made him more aware of his biases. Yet, instead of directly linking to a swedish news article, he links something from Vox.... Obviously John Horgan is smart. But is he part of the 3% that Paul Rulkens mentions?

Why the majority are always wrong. YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by RJPinAZ View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Sorry for being dense here, but why are the 67,456 deaths being reported by the CDC at that link more useful, reliable, believable, accurate or what ever you want to call it, than the 38,576 in provisional data? I'm honestly not being snarky here, I really don't fully understand the significance of the difference when it comes to judging the severity of the outbreak. On the "Provisional Death Count" page, the deaths are described as "Deaths with confirmed or presumed COVID-19, coded to ICD–10 code U07.1" using death certificates, while the "Cases in the U.S." page counts "confirmed and probable cases and deaths". "Probable" being those cases which don't seem to include lab confirmation. I do understand there is a lag in confirmation as it takes time for death certificates to be processed, but a difference of a factor of 1.7 times is pretty big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I can help with this, RJP. 67,456 is more useful than 38,576 because it's a bigger number.
    As Rip points out, there are lots of politics around these numbers, and they are getting more scrutiny and press than these kinds of stats usually get (for good reason).

Many people here, for example, have asked about medical coding, and wondered if we are over-counting or misattributing COVID deaths.

The table you were looking at is an attempt to provide more detail, and shows the numbers associated with different medical codes, as reported to CDC.

The gap between that table and the “big total” 60k is not as big as it appears. There are more COVID deaths in that table than the 38k. Look at the other headers. As I noted in a previous post, I think most “covid+pneumonia” deaths are probably fair to call COVID deaths, for example. Plus, the week delay is a factor too.

There’s not some conspiracy here, it’s not as though the 38k is a secret hidden number that got leaked out. It’s just that compiling these stats, and determining cause of death are both complicated.

I’m not saying that politicians don’t have an incentive to inflate the numbers to justify their actions, just that the 38k<60k is not really an example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Just wait until you see Cuomo's advisory board.
    Damn it. This is what passes for leadership these days.

Woodside, CA (aka The San Francisco Bay Area or as I like to call it, the belly of the beast)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    It's consensus science, Barry. The science is settled. ;-)

Learn to play the game, or lose your funding / job!

Consensus == Legalized Fuckery
    Yes, the Democrats, that would be the party of "science"
    The party that denies a human the right to life because the human has not left the womb, and in some cases are fine with murdering the infant if the mother so desires.
    The party that uses global cooling (1970s)/global warming (1980s)/global Climate Change (today) to bolster their power over every human being on earth with no evidence just a bunch of models and their favorite refrain "the science is settled" as if that is supporting evidence of anything.
    The party that uses a pandemic to deny the constitutional rights of its citizens.

Creeping tyranny continues.....how much longer will folks put up with it? Open Texas protestors arrested outside of Odessa bar | newswest9.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Brothers View Post
    Going back to my earlier comment about government not rising to the occasion: below is some heartwarming commentary on NY Gov. Cuomo's recent collage unveiling.

YouTube
    Yeah, Cuomo is an ass-clown. I hate him. I hate living under his governance.

starting strength coach development program
    The RDC19 in Orange County CA is 0.001781%. It is on lockdown. That's what Californians voted for.