starting strength gym
Page 2681 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1681218125812631267126792680268126822683269127312781 ... LastLast
Results 26,801 to 26,810 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Can you describe Dr. McCullough's sins rather that merely referring to them?
    In my reply to the Paisano, I described what McCullough said in the JRE interview to make him untrustworthy. I'm not going to provide a complete transcript, but here is a sample:
    “in the case where it’s well-documented and you’re sick, you’re done. You basically have permanent immunity.” That's not true. The point is that he adamantly defended his position with no qualifiers and with no data despite Rogan challenging him with examples. The quote doesn't do justice because you have to see the video to see his arrogance.

McCullough rails against Big Pharma today, but he had no problem grifting from Big Pharma for years (consulting, speaking). Under the "Sunshine Laws", Pharma companies are required to identify Physicians that they pay for consulting fees, travel, lodging, speaking fees, etc. It's public information, so you guys can look it up. Total hypocrisy.

For the record, I don't think that he should have lost his license for his BS, but I stand by my position that he's untrustworthy.

Russian Deputy Defense Minister, Timur Ivanov (whose family has avoided sanctions by pre-empively filing for divorce and using their dual Israeli-Russian citizenship to travel and retain wealth unhindered) and other elements within the Russian government allegedly are refusing to distribute available resources needed by Russian troops in Ukraine.

This happens time and time again; We heard this about the 20 year Afghan-Iraq war, we heard this about the Vietnam war, we heard this from General Patton when he wanted to crush the Bolsheviks (coincidentally dying in a bizarre car accident days later) and we heard this from the Germans in WW1.

Prigorzhin on elements within the Russian government withholding ammunition supplies from front line troops, preferring the meat-grinder conflict for Russians and Ukrainians to drag on (possibly for personal profit or jealousy)
    https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/stat...4004921655296?

Version with English subtitles:
    https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...8396184289282?
    Unblurred version:
    An extremely emotional 18+ video from Evgeny Prigozhin about the losses of PMC "Wagner"

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I just find it odd seeing nine year-old profiles with no posting history until one month ago, that's all.
    Pure accident.

Scott Adams continues to disappoint me.
    On Scott being disappointing this time: Scott is capable of admitting he is wrong. It is one of his better traits. Having said that, I don't see him on linear progression any time soon because he is like most other people that suffer from...

• cognitive dissonance
    • laziness
    • historical precedent of views on health and strength training methods
    • marketing of expensive equipment
    • ignorance
    • lack of diligence and/or curiosity
    • myths/lies that are appealing
      • I don't want to get too strong
      • my doctor says not to lift heavy weights
      • lifting weights will make me bulky/heavy
      • I could get hurt
      • I don't want to be a muscle head
      • I have the wrong body type
      • being strong is not attractive

Full disclosure: I have a "squat calf machine (and a whole bunch of other exercise crap)" in my basement that I have not touched since I got the blue book (and an awesome rack). I'd sell "the crap" or put it on the curb but there are other dwellers in my home... ah forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankNJ View Post
    In my reply to the Paisano, I described what McCullough said in the JRE interview to make him untrustworthy. I'm not going to provide a complete transcript, but here is a sample:
    “in the case where it’s well-documented and you’re sick, you’re done. You basically have permanent immunity.” That's not true. The point is that he adamantly defended his position with no qualifiers and with no data despite Rogan challenging him with examples. The quote doesn't do justice because you have to see the video to see his arrogance.
    Remember the old show "Columbo"? Sometimes, Columbo would pursue the wrong "facts". But, by the end of the show, he always found his criminal.

McCullough is a detective on a global crime scene. The Criminals are not cooperating with the investigation, and thus...McCullough (and all of us "detectives") are operating on very dirty (by design) data. Criminals create dirty data to hide their tracks.

There's a difference between a Lie (from which a person clearly benefits) and a Mistake. McCullough made a mistake. By stepping forward as one of our "Columbos", he knowingly destroyed his career. I'm sure his family's health has suffered greatly from the stress.

Why are you focusing on the Detective's Mistakes instead of the Criminal's Lies?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankNJ View Post
    Paisano, come on, now you believe in credentials? Che ne dici di quello disgraziato Fauci? He has a bunch of credentials too. The point is that when Rogan repeatedly challenged BS vendor McCullough about his claim, BS vendor McCullough didn't hedge or offer any qualifiers. He just sat there and stubbornly defended his BS position without any data. At minimum, it represents a serious flaw in judgment. Definitely not trustworthy.
    I might have to watch that again but I don't remember that happening.
    Also Fauci's been a beurocrat for 40 years, McCullough is not in the same field.

Why is Frank speaking to Francescco like a guy from a Martin Scorsese movie?

Racism, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Why is Frank speaking to Francescco like a guy from a Martin Scorsese movie?
    At least he's being a little more entertaining than previous contenders. Maybe the AI is learning.

starting strength coach development program
    Racism, obviously.
    Do Americans with Italian heritage call each other paisano? I haven’t heard Italian Italians use it. I doubt this is even used in America outside of mafia movies.