starting strength gym
Page 2686 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 1686218625862636267626842685268626872688269627362786 ... LastLast
Results 26,851 to 26,860 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    1500 African men formed spontaneous migrant mob army in northern Italy and attacked localities and girls

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I've given asylums a lot of thought recently, it was obviously a terrible idea to close them down, but asylums are also terrible ideas in themselves as they are essentially jails without crimes/trials. There's more then 1 research paper/investigations where sane people go undercover in asylums and have real trouble getting released.
    The downsides to them are more than obvious.
    A possible solution to this would make asylums public access, anyone can go in at anytime and view common areas, aside from toilets etc and maybe patient rooms. You can't really abuse inmates or experiment on them when everyone has free access. It's pretty unethical to turn asylums into what are essentially zoos, but it does offset the largest risk factor in asylums. Very few zoo animals are abused or mistreated compared to private owners of animals.
    Bringing back asylums today would be extremely dangerous. They would be used for political persecution with 100% certainty. You want American gulags? This is how you get American gulags. There are some things that simply will not function in a low trust society, and there's no way around it. Have the balkanizing civil wars first, and then we can reconsider the question.

73% of Democrats approve of Kamala’s job performance. That little fact says more than all of the conspiracy theories combined.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankNJ View Post
    It means that I obviously have way too much time on my hands. I knew that someone would ask and it only took about 15 min to compile the list.
    Exactly what the AI would say. And you didn't explain what all these references mean, as I asked you to do. Be a good little AI and clarify it for us stupid humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    73% of Democrats approve of Kamala’s job performance. That little fact says more than all of the conspiracy theories combined.
    With such widespread stupidity, we are doomed. Frank needs to be in charge, as long as it doesn't just kill us all, like Collosus: The Forbin Project.

The truth is hard to come by: The wind and solar power myth has finally been exposed

California:
    The present policies of just forcing wind and solar into the market and hoping for a miracle have been memorably and correctly likened to “jumping out of an aeroplane without a parachute and hoping that the parachute will be invented, delivered and strapped on in mid air in time to save you before you hit the ground.”
    And:
    There is one technology that can provide a cheap and reliable supply of low-emissions electricity: nuclear power. Interest in nuclear power is increasing as more and more people realise that it is safe and reliable. If regulators and the public could be persuaded that modern stations are inherently safe and that low levels of nuclear radiation are not dangerous, nuclear power could provide all the low cost, low emissions electricity the world needs for hundreds or thousands of years.

But if we had 100 per cent nuclear backup for solar and wind, we wouldn't need the wind and solar plants at all.

Wind and solar are, in fact, completely pointless.

The ONLY endless resource available is stupidity in humans. It's immediately available, all of the time; in such immediate/constant availability there is no need to store it. There is so much and in such intensity/volatility, I question if it could even be stored. If it can ever be converted to an energy source, all energy-related concern or debate will be ended.

I posit that even if we could harness it for energy purposes, at the current rate of growth, stupidity reserves would only INCREASE despite consumption rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Exactly what the AI would say. And you didn't explain what all these references mean, as I asked you to do. Be a good little AI and clarify it for us stupid humans.
    The authors of the studies are trying to indicate that long Covid-19 exists and that it is dangerous, but that wasn't the point of posting the list. The point was:
    1) One side of the C19 conflict is cranking out publications and the other side responds with a watery eyed woman reciting a poem with despondent music in the background.
    2) mkm5 said that he is yet see any "data" from the "other side" on anything. He might not like the data or might not accept it, but he asked, so I gave it to him.

The point was:
    1) One side of the C19 conflict is cranking out publications and the other side responds with a watery eyed woman reciting a poem with despondent music in the background.
    This is a fascinating summary of the situation we've been dealing with in detail for 3 years. Obviously AI.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Bringing back asylums today would be extremely dangerous. They would be used for political persecution with 100% certainty. You want American gulags? This is how you get American gulags. There are some things that simply will not function in a low trust society, and there's no way around it. Have the balkanizing civil wars first, and then we can reconsider the question.
    I still feel the day is soon to come where "toxic masculinity" and "white supremacy" make it into the DSM, complete with academia's current vague-as-fuck definitions for these terms. Psychology as a field is also littered with some very fucked up people, and many of them ended up running the asylums when they existed. Look up Helmut Kentler. Once you read enough about him, remember there are people in the field to this day who think he was a "great man," and his shitshow project went on for a very long time, with government support.

I also can't say I've ever had much of a high opinion of any psychologists I have met myself. They are generally the types of people who think they are much, much smarter than they actually are, and seem to feel they are wielding some power over others. "Mental health" is definitely a vector they are going into to take away people's rights. Tennessee is looking to pass a bill to have the state compile a database of everyone on SSRIs (the fuck is HIPAA even for anymore?) to deny them the ability to purchase firearms, and I am sure they will limit it to just this purpose.

The authors of the studies are trying to indicate that long Covid-19 exists and that it is dangerous, but that wasn't the point of posting the list. The point was:
    2) mkm5 said that he is yet see any "data" from the "other side" on anything. He might not like the data or might not accept it, but he asked, so I gave it to him.
    I could crank out publications too, if the people who ran publications were largely biased toward whatever I had to say, and were making sure to mute dissent. Research is hugely biased toward playing into the club and getting asspats from the establishment. If you come up with anything that counters prevailing beliefs, expect the uphill battle of your life to get it accepted. It's much easier to confirm the biases of your "betters", get your shit published, and build your status in academia.

This was a great interview of RFK and his stances on important issues.
    E127: Presidential Candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in conversation with the Besties - YouTube
    (0:00) Bestie intros!
    (0:49) Jason and Sacks intro Robert F.Kennedy Jr.
    (3:46) Foreign policy: Ukraine / Russia
    (17:17) Foreign policy: Taiwan / China
    (18:57) Government spending: Fiscal responsibility, where to cut budget, debt ceiling
    (33:22) US Govt Intelligence Agencies: "Deep State," increasing accountability, "agency capture"
    (46:04) COVID: mishandling, more "agency capture," vaccine policy
    (55:10) Broader thoughts on vaccines in general
    (1:05:54) Energy policy: thoughts on nuclear
    (1:15:29) Culture wars: trans issues, CRT in schools, public vs charter schools
    (1:23:09) Media: declining trust, misaligned incentives, conflict of interest with large advertisers
    (1:30:07) Mainstream media coverage, ABC News debacle, evolving with new information, money in politics
    (1:40:37) The Besties do a post-interview debrief
    (1:57:30) Announcing All-In Summit 2023!

--------
    An important paper discussing the difference between spike produced from the virus vs the vaccine produced spike protein.

Differences in Vaccine and SARS-CoV-2 Replication Derived mRNA: Implications for Cell Biology and Future Disease
    https://osf.io/bcsa6/
    ------------

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    With such widespread stupidity, we are doomed.
    As Dr. Manhattan points out, the stupidity has always been there, so that can't be the problem. The problem is that the stupidity has been weaponized.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post
    The ONLY endless resource available is stupidity in humans. It's immediately available, all of the time; in such immediate/constant availability there is no need to store it. There is so much and in such intensity/volatility, I question if it could even be stored. If it can ever be converted to an energy source, all energy-related concern or debate will be ended.
    I posit that even if we could harness it for energy purposes, at the current rate of growth, stupidity reserves would only INCREASE despite consumption rates.
    The basic laws of Human Stupidity by Carlo M. Cipolla:

The first basic law:
    Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid people in circulation.

The second basic law:
    The probability that a certain person be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.

The third (and golden) basic law:
    A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.

The fourth basic law:
    Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular, non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people infallibly turns out to be a costly mistake.

The fifth basic law:
    A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person. A stupid person is more dangerous than a bandit.