starting strength gym
Page 273 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1732232632712722732742752833233737731273 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    This is important work, and indeed the usefulness of science as a whole has been diluted by academic publishing requirements which give incentives for publishing volume over quality.
    If you're interested in the replication crisis, take a look at the paper I linked. It's outside your field but it's not technical. It's humble, empirical, useful, thorough - and yes, even has a catchy title.

Look at the organization Neil Ferguson's married lover worked for: Avaaz.org.

This man was literally in bed with the leftist political propaganda machine while issuing false research in order to influence public policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    One of the most overrated and inappropriately-titled papers, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveAZ View Post
    Wow. I'm not sure"on the spectrum" even begins to describe this guy. An absolute lack of self awareness and humility coupled with a maximally inflated ego. This is really something to behold.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveAZ View Post
    Sorry, I was referencing Mr. Kaul, ivory tower dwelling PhD candidate, entirely insulated from anything even remotely approaching the "real world".
    It takes a real disconnect from reality to defend the reproducibility crisis in modern academia. I have rarely, if ever, run into any respected academic who actually tries to defend it anymore.

"A New Kind of Science" by Stephen Wolfram (The problem has been around for a long time and has really gotten out of hand)

No more of these "I'm not a lawyer" statements. The constitution was intentionally written to be read and understood by any literate person. The idea that a common person cannot or should not be able to understand the law is completely asinine.

The problem is not the emergency orders. The problem is when the emergency orders abrogate constitutional rights. The constitution does not allow state emergency declaration orders to supersede constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Breaking: Ken Paxton just ordered the judge to release Shelley Luther.
    It looks like the call to release her is coming all the way from the top, from Gov. Abbott.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GregAbbot...91170179305473

If they release her the lockdowns are all done. The governor is telling judges not to enforce the lockdown. All the other salon, bar, restaurant, and gym owners now know all they need to do to deal with the media heat is hold up the mouths they need to feed.

Which is great, but the cynic in me says that this is how your governor shirks responsibility for the lock down's damage, since its his lockdown this lady is violating.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    If they release her the lockdowns are all done. The governor is telling judges not to enforce the lockdown. All the other salon, bar, restaurant, and gym owners now know all they need to do to deal with the media heat is hold up the mouths they need to feed.
    You know how many people have the balls to defy an order from a government official -- even an illegal order that is proven unenforceable? Me and her, and maybe 20 other people. Most people will obey, since most people are farm animals, and loath any possibility of confrontation. You know this to be true, now. The "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave" shit just passed the expiration date. It's very sad to watch it happen so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    It takes a real disconnect from reality to defend the reproducibility crisis in modern academia. I have rarely, if ever, run into any respected academic who actually tries to defend it anymore.
    The first sentence of my post:
    I think reproducibility is a problem, but mostly for unsexy, non-statistical reasons
    Ioannidis does not convincingly identify the cause of the replication crisis. Its existence is not the main question of the paper.

Yngvi is yet another sucker hoodwinked by the paper’s title.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The problem is not the emergency orders. The problem is when the emergency orders abrogate constitutional rights. The constitution does not allow state emergency declaration orders to supersede constitutional rights.
    It appears that the Texas Supreme Court may agree with you Texas Supreme Court says coronavirus restrictions on business ‘may not survive judicial scrutiny’ - HoustonChronicle.com

"... [T]he Texas Supreme Court hinted Tuesday that it is sympathetic to constitutionality concerns raised by coronavirus restrictions. Justice James D. Blacklock wrote in the opinion Tuesday that during a public health emergency, the onus is on the government to explain why its measures are necessary and why other less restrictive measures would not adequately address the threat."

Few, if any of these "emergency order" laws have faced judicial review. That may be changing soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Yngvi is yet another sucker hoodwinked by the paper’s title.
    Yngvi, you fucking dumbass. You moron. Rocks are smarter than you.

Businesses can have catastrophic insurance and interruption of business insurance caused by catastrophes but currently it does not cover pandemics, epidemics, etc...however Congress can pass a law requiring covering pandemics or even more specifically COVID -19...

What happened to 14 day self quarantine? Early on 14 day was required if you traveled from one state to another. So is 14 days still the right number or was that just make believe?

Also did the quarantine flatten the curve and not overwhelm hospitals? Did it work? A little? A lot? Not at all?

Does anyone know exactly what we are waiting for? I’m confused.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You know how many people have the balls to defy an order from a government official -- even an illegal order that is proven unenforceable?
    This is true, most people do not talk about killing rattlesnakes on their property the way others talk about cleaning out their gutters.