starting strength gym
Page 2743 of 3023 FirstFirst ... 1743224326432693273327412742274327442745275327932843 ... LastLast
Results 27,421 to 27,430 of 30228

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Frustrated Alberta farmers fight wildfires on their own #shorts - YouTube

So, what are we at, $130 billion for a proxy war in Ukraine? And yet we can't hardly fucking breathe here and my eyes are nearly swollen shut from the "Canadian Wild Fire" smoke.

Unbelievable. We can wage war for millennia but can't put out a fucking fire that's adversely affecting millions of people.

Thanks big gov. Your depop plan seems to be working just fine.

Oh, and interestingly, the ANG and USAF were conducting "flight simulations" all across Michigan yesterday, the perimeter of which "surprisingly" matched the same map for the worst airborne particulates in recorded history. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences anymore.

Sure hope they weren't "seasoning" those dense clouds of smoke particulates with any unfriendly substances.
    We’re getting a lot of the smoke down here in NE Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Shit, it's blowing into other areas now? It was pretty lousy over here when it hit. The only upside is it hit DC pretty bad for a little bit and made the whole place look like the hell is actually is.
    Yes, I drove 250 miles back up north yesterday. I've never seen anything like it. I'd say 150 miles of it was beyond tolerable. I usually make that drive without a stop, but had to pull off the highway five times to rinse my eyes out with cold water.

Well, "Affirmative Action" has been the hot topic for a couple of days, but you pussies won't discuss it. Here is Glenn's take on it: Affirmative Action'''s Demise and Higher Education

And here is the Babylon Bee's take on it: Awkward: Supreme Court Rules Against Affirmative Action With Affirmative Action Hire Sitting Right There | Babylon Bee

And hasn't Affirmative Action always been about the belief among Democrat Party Members that black people cannot possibly compete in a merit based system, especially if Asians are included?

Listen to RFKs response to the host at 1:01:15 when she says to him that you are not a doctor or scientist, what gives you the right to question the experts
    Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s Town Hall on NewsNation | RFK Jr. Town Hall - YouTube
    Last edited by Gilead; 06-30-2023 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Well, "Affirmative Action" has been the hot topic for a couple of days, but you pussies won't discuss it. Here is Glenn's take on it: Affirmative Action'''s Demise and Higher Education

And here is the Babylon Bee's take on it: Awkward: Supreme Court Rules Against Affirmative Action With Affirmative Action Hire Sitting Right There | Babylon Bee

And hasn't Affirmative Action always been about the belief among Democrat Party Members that black people cannot possibly compete in a merit based system, especially if Asians are included?
    The thing is, statistically they can't. This is almost impossibly difficult for Americans to accept, but it's the truth. The mean is what it is, and wishful egalitarian thinking isn't going to magically change it.

If you expect statistical "equality" across racial groups, you have to make it happen because nature didn't. Liberals have been slightly less delusional than conservatives on this, since at least they admit intervention is required (though they lie about why).

As for the ruling itself, it's borderline absurd to me since the damage has already been done. The universities are utterly converged and it's best not to waste your time with them, black or white. Now if they applied this ruling to employment, that might get my attention.

I think the SC just wants conservatives to forget that they sat by and watched as a domestic color revolution and coup were carried out right in front of everyone's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Listen to RFKs response at to the host at 1:01:15 when she says to him that your not a doctor or scientist, what gives you the right to question the experts
    Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s Town Hall on NewsNation | RFK Jr. Town Hall - YouTube
    This is one obnoxious bitch.

Here is the chronology and I believe it is accurate as I lived through every step.

History of Affirmative Action - American Association for Access Equity and Diversity - AAAED.

Was it evil from day one and doomed to failure is worth a discussion. But in any case you can clearly see a trend from simple to complicated with consequentially worse outcomes.

Well, "Affirmative Action" has been the hot topic for a couple of days, but you pussies won't discuss it. Here is Glenn's take on it: Affirmative Action'''s Demise and Higher Education.
    The reason that Ivy League schools are so "important" to companies hiring graduates has nothing to do with the textbooks (same across universities), instructors (generally understudies and NOT the expensive profs) or curriculum (similar or same across universities) that those "Ivy League" schools use. It has everything to do with the fact that students at those schools have been vetted "better" (now arguable) than applicants to other schools.

Ivy League schools generally produce successful people. At least part of what is going on is artificial - graduates think they are "best thing since slice bread" and therefor they are. Mostly it is the "reputation" of the university on their diploma gets them a job where opportunities are good.

It's corporate America's turn to weigh in on this. Ivy League schools days are numbered. The "vetted" part of their value/argument is now a known falsehood. How long can the illusion live?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by GammaFlat View Post
    The reason that Ivy League schools are so "important" to companies hiring graduates has nothing to do with the textbooks (same across universities), instructors (generally understudies and NOT the expensive profs) or curriculum (similar or same across universities) that those "Ivy League" schools use. It has everything to do with the fact that students at those schools have been vetted "better" (now arguable) than applicants to other schools.

Ivy League schools generally produce successful people. At least part of what is going on is artificial - graduates think they are "best thing since slice bread" and therefor they are. Mostly it is the "reputation" of the university on their diploma gets them a job where opportunities are good.

It's corporate America's turn to weigh in on this. Ivy League schools days are numbered. The "vetted" part of their value/argument is now a known falsehood. How long can the illusion live?
    The reality is that the Ivies, along with Stanford, Berkeley, CalTech, and MIT, don’t “produce successful people,” in so much as they put a ribbon on otherwise already successful people. There are tons of burn outs and slackers at all of these schools. That’s what they’ve always done, which is the real secret of their value. Historically, they do what athletic recruiters do when they sign 36+ inch vertical jumps.

Pareto’s Law governs all things inescapably, even elite university student bodies. What they’ve been doing for decades is to try and by force defy one of the laws of nature. The administrators have bought into the myth that Harvard qua Harvard will turn an illiterate black kid from Newark into Clarence Thomas. Well, maybe not Clarence Thomas. And so, they’ve skewed their admissions practices accordingly.