starting strength gym
Page 2745 of 2981 FirstFirst ... 1745224526452695273527432744274527462747275527952845 ... LastLast
Results 27,441 to 27,450 of 29806

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #27441
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,311

  2. #27442
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    When they say "diversity is our strength", they aren't lying. It's an extremely effective tool for implementing totalitarian rule:

    France to shut internet services to control riots

    Russia didn't even target Ukrainian civilian coms during the invasion of Ukraine. Let that sink in.
    Russia also didn't take out the mutinying/treason-committing Wagner group, nor its profit-seeking leader, who was also understandably still absolutely reeling from the huge loss of men in Bakmut. I saw those initial vids shared here about France, anti, and my first desire was to compare/contrast the French response to multi-ethnic protests, our response to multi-ethnic protests, J6, and this Wagner mutiny, to find some linking, causal factors.
    Best I could come up with so far:
    ->Today's modern serfdoms need to "train" their immigrants to assimilate at [at least] an 80/20 split (keeping 20% max of their home country's traditions/norms/etc.). And this factor is so integral to social cohesion that it should even be pursued through harsh/fearful/limiting/shaming tactics, if need be.
    ->The rules on paper matter not when evaluating or trying to limit the kings and lords (Presidents, PMs, legislators, bureaucrats...). What Putin did in response to that mutiny is something approaching the myth of a Benevolent King, right? He could have easily crushed the mutiny and destroyed everyone to demonstrate his strength, but instead showed restraint and tried to limit bloodshed.
    ...MacGregor, Ritter, and the Duran have the best takes on the WHY and MOTIVATING FACTORS for his actions, but the reactions of the assimilated citizens in Derbent, to Putin's visit to the autonomous republic of Dagestan, described by Ritter (IIRC), do not show social cohesion that was achieved through harshness and force, as far as I can tell.

    The best connecting factor I can come up with so far is that, like with the 'community policing' principles that (IIRC) David Rowe often refers to, a leader who is closer ethnically and, more importantly, culturally, to the people, will lead them more harmoniously. This is probably the motivating factor of those 'man of the people' monikers that get tossed around whenever a Ross Perot or Donald Trump or RFK Jr. comes around once in a blue moon: a member of your [cultural] family will spank the revolting child when needed, but ultimately that son or daughter must remain a member of the family/tribe.
    So, the best principle I've arrived at so far is that you "train" your immigrants to assimilate strongly, and you choose leaders who represent the historical culture of your land...which probably means our POTUS natural-born citizen requirement must be extended to all three branches of the federal government, given how huge they've gotten, and the requirement of [third] generation must be added as well. Our newly-acquired citizens can obtain leadership positions at the local and state levels, but leave our massive, federal mess of a government to the natural-born's to fix. Keeping multi-national corporations and other interests less involved in our federal government is a big one, too, but I'm not sure how to structure that limitation yet.

    What do you all think? What cultural and leadership factors led to such massively different reactions to the Wagner mutiny, vs. the violent reaction to J6 (and the truckers in Canada BTW)? Why does Russia seem so much better at assimilating its newcomers [than our USA and especially French leaders do]?

  3. #27443
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    A few weeks ago, Joesthetics appeared on Bradley Martyn's show. He’s double-boosted but, perhaps to ingratiate himself with the conspiracy-minded audience, he made some hard-to-parse claims about white and/or black particles appearing in his blood. He has to make a living, I suppose.
    Not anymore he doesn't.

  4. #27444
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    429

    Default

    I always believed the group most likely to revolt first would be the urban non-White immigrant population in France.

    Macron is turning off the internet not in order to stop "free speech" (which does not exist in Western Europe anyway) but to censor the conversation and debate around this ordeal being about race and ethnicity first and foremost. Mass immigration cannot be questioned.

  5. #27445
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    What do you all think? What cultural and leadership factors led to such massively different reactions to the Wagner mutiny, vs. the violent reaction to J6 (and the truckers in Canada BTW)? Why does Russia seem so much better at assimilating its newcomers [than our USA and especially French leaders do]?
    I think the difference here is that Putin actually has power, and Trump didn't. This might be analogous to Trump's most extreme supporters moving on Washington with guns instead of songs and prayers. "If you won't do it, Mr. President, we fucking will!" Trump brings an end to it, gives them a tongue lashing, but otherwise shows leniency. Essentially this is what the ruling class has done with Antifa/BLM. They don't get in the way of their extremists. They use them. I believe Putin essentially did the same thing, although in a more masculine/traditional context.

    In this thread I've said several times that one of the biggest problem with the Western right is that they attack their extremists much more violently than they attack the actual enemy. While on the other hand, the left absolutely never attacks their extremists. Whether it was real or show, Prigozhin/Wagner were posing as Putin's extremists, and I believe Putin handled it appropriately. They never fundamentally disagreed with Putin's war against Clown World, they just wanted to fight it more decisively. They weren't "marching on Moscow" with Clown World demands, but that the current government stop being so soft and bureaucratic. The complaint was essentially "we aren't crushing hard enough". This is apparently a very popular sentiment in Russia, and why I believe Prigozhin/Wagner were treated with kid gloves. I seriously doubt they had any intention of overthrowing Putin. They just wanted to make clear they aren't fucking around. It's also very possible that Wagner's move revealed a CIA plot that was reported to Putin, which would only bolster Putin's inclination towards leniency.

  6. #27446
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Russia also didn't take out the mutinying/treason-committing Wagner group, nor its profit-seeking leader, who was also understandably still absolutely reeling from the huge loss of men in Bakmut. I saw those initial vids shared here about France, anti, and my first desire was to compare/contrast the French response to multi-ethnic protests, our response to multi-ethnic protests, J6, and this Wagner mutiny, to find some linking, causal factors.
    Best I could come up with so far:
    ->Today's modern serfdoms need to "train" their immigrants to assimilate at [at least] an 80/20 split (keeping 20% max of their home country's traditions/norms/etc.). And this factor is so integral to social cohesion that it should even be pursued through harsh/fearful/limiting/shaming tactics, if need be.
    ->The rules on paper matter not when evaluating or trying to limit the kings and lords (Presidents, PMs, legislators, bureaucrats...). What Putin did in response to that mutiny is something approaching the myth of a Benevolent King, right? He could have easily crushed the mutiny and destroyed everyone to demonstrate his strength, but instead showed restraint and tried to limit bloodshed.
    ...MacGregor, Ritter, and the Duran have the best takes on the WHY and MOTIVATING FACTORS for his actions, but the reactions of the assimilated citizens in Derbent, to Putin's visit to the autonomous republic of Dagestan, described by Ritter (IIRC), do not show social cohesion that was achieved through harshness and force, as far as I can tell.

    The best connecting factor I can come up with so far is that, like with the 'community policing' principles that (IIRC) David Rowe often refers to, a leader who is closer ethnically and, more importantly, culturally, to the people, will lead them more harmoniously. This is probably the motivating factor of those 'man of the people' monikers that get tossed around whenever a Ross Perot or Donald Trump or RFK Jr. comes around once in a blue moon: a member of your [cultural] family will spank the revolting child when needed, but ultimately that son or daughter must remain a member of the family/tribe.
    So, the best principle I've arrived at so far is that you "train" your immigrants to assimilate strongly, and you choose leaders who represent the historical culture of your land...which probably means our POTUS natural-born citizen requirement must be extended to all three branches of the federal government, given how huge they've gotten, and the requirement of [third] generation must be added as well. Our newly-acquired citizens can obtain leadership positions at the local and state levels, but leave our massive, federal mess of a government to the natural-born's to fix. Keeping multi-national corporations and other interests less involved in our federal government is a big one, too, but I'm not sure how to structure that limitation yet.

    What do you all think? What cultural and leadership factors led to such massively different reactions to the Wagner mutiny, vs. the violent reaction to J6 (and the truckers in Canada BTW)? Why does Russia seem so much better at assimilating its newcomers [than our USA and especially French leaders do]?
    Donald Trump estimated poorly on the pervasiveness of corruption, and RFK Jr. doesn't, in my humble opinion, possess the capacity for ruthlessness necessary for the age. Everyone else looks far less impressive, and certainly like they've been bought by someone somewhere.

    If I devolved my sentiments on current events to morality at the individual level in all this, then it's because I see that as the primary factor which remains unsolved. There are two tribes in the US, at least. Two nations of people living under one flag. Selfish vs selfless love. Power through force vs liberty through the law. Equity vs equality. The ends vs the means. On and on down the line of vices and virtues the fissures form, and the reins of power are held by the corrupt madmen and sluggardly bureaucracy.

    We are far past the point where the law and systems which have sustained our peace and prosperity possess the gravity to correct the issue. Force has been employed, mostly by the vicious and emotionally driven, for a long time across many domains, and the virtuous are barely raising a meaningful protest or response.

    Any student of human nature and history knows where this goes, and it will be worse than previous points because we are so uniquely entangled on a global scale. The only question is, given that no one is purely virtuous, will the good prevail over the evil through terrible means without losing themselves to the same spirit?

  7. #27447
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    The only question is, given that no one is purely virtuous, will the good prevail over the evil through terrible means without losing themselves to the same spirit?
    Excellent summary, sir, and I can't tell you how relieved I was to get to that last sentence. That's precisely the core of the challenge, and precisely where evil often triumphs over good - not by winning the material fight, but by corrupting the good.

    I find it a far more frightening prospect than the material defeat. We used to understand this in our cultural myth, but have progressively lost it over time.

  8. #27448
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Jessica Rose' latest piece regarding the recent placebo theory making it's way around the net.
    Debunking the yellow dot lot placebo theory...

  9. #27449
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    3,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post

    If I devolved my sentiments on current events to morality at the individual level in all this, then it's because I see that as the primary factor which remains unsolved. There are two tribes in the US, at least. Two nations of people living under one flag. Selfish vs selfless love. Power through force vs liberty through the law. Equity vs equality. The ends vs the means. On and on down the line of vices and virtues the fissures form, and the reins of power are held by the corrupt madmen and sluggardly bureaucracy.
    ?
    I get what you are saying. It has a mythical appeal. In reality, however, these things lie on a spectrum. Few people are 100% anything. This makes it a lot harder to solve problems and needs to be acknowledged.

  10. #27450
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    53,378

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    And what the hell is going on in France? What have these idiots done to themselves?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •