starting strength gym
Page 278 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1782282682762772782792802883283787781278 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I think it will continue to draw these hard lines,and more distinctly, regardless of who does what at this point. Exhibit A of why I'm done with my current gig as soon as I can restart the hiring process.

Coronavirus survivors banned from joining the military

I know these people are stupid, but why would they permanently disqualify everybody who is already immune to COVID-19?

More cracks in the wall: https://twitter.com/FOX9/status/1258435229087391746

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I think it will continue to draw these hard lines,and more distinctly, regardless of who does what at this point. Exhibit A of why I'm done with my current gig as soon as I can restart the hiring process.

Interesting development. My son was just “cleared from quarantine” after 3 weeks in a hotel room in San Diego before going to MCRD this past Monday. The Marines took over a floor or two at the hotel, put two recruits in each, and served them food a bit like prisoners. Tray set on threshold, delivery man steps back, recruit steps up and takes the tray. Recruits did not emerge from the rooms the entire time. We were able to call in during the day for casual conversation.

I gather one concern of the Marines is that they’re going into boot camp where pneumonia is sort of a continual threat with the various stresses and beatings. COVID on top of that could be quite the complication. It seems they want to avoid circulating too many people back through boot camp who get too sick to continue through the first time.

But I don’t understand the prohibition against asymptomatic COVID cases. Do they think there’s no immunity, and that there’ll be flare ups? Or is it about infecting the next recruit, who might not react asymptomatically? And does one carry COVID permanently, like some STD?

Woodside, CA (aka The San Francisco Bay Area or as I like to call it, the belly of the beast)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I know these people are stupid, but why would they permanently disqualify everybody who is already immune to COVID-19?

More cracks in the wall: https://twitter.com/FOX9/status/1258435229087391746
    Aaaaaand they modified the order. Someone somewhere still possesses active brain cells.

Updated guidance allows unhospitalized COVID-19 survivors to join the military

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Illinois republican legislators are much like the parliament dismissed under Charles I. The dismissal under color of social distancing. The consensus is that the legislature must meet in person and not by way of something like Zoom. So just now Gauleiter Pritzker has unchecked powers of edict. It's unclear if the legislative leadership can convene a session or if the governor must do so under the Illinois constitution. It's unlikely that the dem supermajority will press for one unless they get fed up with Her Honor da Mare of Chicago, Lightfoot's even worse fascism.

Pritzker made some kabuki theater out of offering up a regional reopening that really didn't let up on the other non-Chicago regions. Now the previously quiescent republican legislators have begun to rebel.

It is early days yet to see where this leads.
    Lightfoot's actions through out this pandemic have been disgusting. Her getting a haircut, then when asked why she could get one but every one else wasn't allowed, she basically said "because i'm more important that you all"

Plus having the police break up backyard BBQs and parties over the weekend, and saying "we will find you if you have a party"

And the "reopening plan" is a joke, essentially saying that life cannot return to normal until we have a vaccine, And even when it does return, we are to follow "new protocols" that are instituted because of this colossal over reaction.

Apparently right now, the earliest that restaurants can "legally" open is the end of June, and even then they won't be allowed to operate at full capacity. This is like a big middle finger to restaurant owners, and it's almost as if they want to completely wipe small businesses off the face of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Yngvi is yet another sucker hoodwinked by the paper’s title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yngvi, you fucking dumbass. You moron. Rocks are smarter than you.
    Dammmit. I dun fucked up again. I shulda knowed the the title of a book called: "A New Kind of Science" was too purdy and flashy to be true.

You may have some influence over the inevitable. I do not know what your current gig is, but if it is in law enforcement, military, intelligence or another related institution, we need people like you to stay. You will have more power over the direction of the organization while you are an ethical, independent part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    What happened to 14 day self quarantine? Early on 14 day was required if you traveled from one state to another. So is 14 days still the right number or was that just make believe?

Also did the quarantine flatten the curve and not overwhelm hospitals? Did it work? A little? A lot? Not at all?

Does anyone know exactly what we are waiting for? I’m confused.
    The goal post has been moved quietly.

The narrative has gone from: "we must flatten the curve!" to "good job, the curve is flattening, just one more month!" to "Life cannot be the same until there is a vaccine!"

And if these morons in office continue to not be held accountable for their actions, the goal will keep moving.

The whole idea of a 2 week vacation for everybody was novel at first. But now that we're going on month 2 of this bull shit, it's getting old.

Not only that, but the state has spent tens of millions on a pop up hospital in mccormick place in preparation for the "overwhelmed healthcare system", yet only treated a couple dozen people.

https://twitter.com/mandi_marie11/st...88893873291264

"Through April 16, the city has spent $64.8 million on the McCormick Place field hospital, according to city records. However, McCormick Place has treated just 29 patients. That comes to 2.2 million per patient. Get rid of #LoriLightfoot and #Pritzker"

So yeah what the fuck ARE we waiting for? For the world to be 100% safe? Are we going to bubble wrap the sidewalks and sharp corners? Or should we require all food be put in a blender so no one chokes to death? How about bring the speed limit down to 10 mph. That will bring the death rate for traffic accidents down to 0. But at what cost?

"even if it saves just one life, it's worth it" - A man who is trying to appease the masses (sheep) by saying feel good drivel that is unrealistic and reckless, in hopes to be reelected (AKA New York Governor Andrew Cuomo)

Coronavirus shutdowns may be shortsighted | Opinion

"The uncomfortable truth is that no policy right now can save lives; it can only trade lives."

I read that and thought it was just a matter of the military not wanting to end up with a bunch of folks that spend all their time on sick call. That and at this point in time, the needed recovery is unknown, Basic can be a bitch on the system.

starting strength coach development program
    Utterly stupid shit continues to abound. The recommendations appearing are patently ridiculous.

Restaurants should use disposable forks and knives. Why? Don't restaurants wash their damn silverware between uses? How is that less risky?

Beaches are open only if you remain "active"? Why? Are you less likely to contract the virus if you walk instead of sit?

In order to reopen we need a stockpile of PPE. Why? What does that even mean? How many pairs of foam earplugs and conductive footwear do you need to have in your stockpile? Oh wait, that wasn't the PPE you meant. Well what the hell did you mean you incompetent asshats? You've had six weeks.

And to round things out, the White House invited eight World War II veterans (each older than 95) to take part in a photo-op Friday morning and an event at the war memorial to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Victory Day. People (including a grandchild of one of the vets) are calling this irresponsible.

Let's be perfectly clear about this: if a 98 year old WWII veteran who fought actual, literal Nazis wants to go to Washington D.C. to have his picture taken with the President of the United States, you keep your opinions to yourself and simply wish him a safe journey if you're too much of a sanctimonious piece of shit to help him with the trip.