starting strength gym
Page 2782 of 2981 FirstFirst ... 1782228226822732277227802781278227832784279228322882 ... LastLast
Results 27,811 to 27,820 of 29806

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Can you take some videos for us?
    There is drone video all over the web. He can't get to the fires from where he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymmoser1 View Post
    By now I am sure everyone has seen or heard about the fires on Maui. We are a largely Blue State, so we are a media darling. The news is not showing how bad it is. It is much worse. The 3 fires all hit at the same time; our island was literally in flames for 2 Days. When you have fires of this magnitude with 80mph winds the only word to use is devastation. The town of Lahaina was burnt to the ground overnight. There is only one two lane road going in and out of the town of Lahaina and a mountain that separates Lahaina from the rest of the island. They are currently busing the 50,000 plus tourists out of the town and to the airport. The town itself has been or is in the process of being evacuated. A friend of mine escaped the town 5 minutes before the roads were shut down. He described it as hell on earth an apocalypse. People were literally running down the streets on fire trying to escape. Cars were left abandoned in the middle of the streets. Over 1700 structures were burned to the ground. The world has no idea the magnitude of this catastrophe. Imagine a flame 6 blocks wide and 30 feet high engulfing a whole town. My friend described it as a giant flame thrower being shot at the town. The town was without electricity, cell phone signals, Internet and Television for almost two days. There was no communication to the outside world.

The death count will continue to rise over the next couple days. Whatever God you pray to say a couple prayers for Maui. Maui is a very tight close grip community. Hopefully all the money being poured into the island will make it to the real folks in need. The economy here will be in shambles for years. Maui will never be the same.
    I visited Lahaina for 10 days a few decades ago. Almost didn't leave there it was so beautiful.

So sorry to hear about this tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    There is drone video all over the web. He can't get to the fires from where he is.
    Lahaina Wildfire Aftermath - Aug. 8, 2023 - Maui, Hawaii - YouTube

And right on time: Experts throw cold water on Dem claims that Hawaii wildfires caused by climate change | Fox News

Over the last several days, wildfires have spread across western Maui, razing much of the historic Lahaina Town and claiming the lives of more than three dozen people, according to state officials. As first responders continue to battle the devastating fires, some Democratic lawmakers have been quick to blame the event on climate change and global warming.

"Heartbreaking fires in Hawaii! Scientists are clear that climate chaos wreaking havoc on ecosystems everywhere is the new norm," Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Ore., said in a post on X. "We need to take action immediately or else it will get even worse."
    Like clockwork. Next will be Donald Trump's role in causing this devastation. These people have hitched their wagon to Climate Change and Orange Man Bad, and there will be no tragedy that doesn't get blamed on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Like clockwork. Next will be Donald Trump's role in causing this devastation. These people have hitched their wagon to Climate Change and Orange Man Bad, and there will be no tragedy that doesn't get blamed on them.
    Something suspicious is going on with these mega fires. In 2020, at least, I know that many of the west coast forest fires were caused by arson. I think there were close to a hundred people arrested in California alone, so there were almost certainly many others. But for some reason the media doesn't really like to talk about it, and just keeps harping on about the "boiling planet".

They have done an excellent job of making the General Public afraid. That has been the whole purpose. Scared people do as they are told.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Something suspicious is going on with these mega fires. In 2020, at least, I know that many of the west coast forest fires were caused by arson. I think there were close to a hundred people arrested in California alone, so there were almost certainly many others. But for some reason the media doesn't really like to talk about it, and just keeps harping on about the "boiling planet".
    And we're setting records for arson-started fires so far this year - People are starting a lot of fires in the Pacific Northwest — High Country News – Know the West

While HCN is usually whole-hog into everything being caused/exacerbated by climate change, this article was refreshing because it didn't run down that trail.

Locally, we've had a few already this season near and within city limits that were arson. It's nerve-wracking, but I'll take it over humidity any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post

While HCN is usually whole-hog into everything being caused/exacerbated by climate change, this article was refreshing because it didn't run down that trail.

Locally, we've had a few already this season near and within city limits that were arson. It's nerve-wracking, but I'll take it over humidity any day.
    What’s happening in Hawaii is horrific. We feel horrible for everyone touched by this event.

I just looked up the “offical” story about the major fire I was involved in. It was ferocious but no fatalities. Anyway I was surprised that the cause emphasized the 100yr new technology of firefighting creating higher risk for more violent fires with no mention of global warming. Just natural weather patterns in that region.

Cerro Grande Fire - Wikipedia

Tucker Interviews Former Capitol Police Chief About What REALLY Happened On January 6th

This is important. That guy is a perfect example of Anglo competence being purged from our institutions.

Mad Max 2 is an interesting movie. The plot is basically this: swarthy Mel Gibson reluctantly saves a high trust Anglo tribe from being overrun by marauding homosexuals.

"Put that in your pipe and smoke it", as my late father used to say.

starting strength coach development program
    Regarding the so-called vaccine. I'm unvaccinated, but may need to get it as it is still a requirement for getting a green card. I managed to avoid it till now, and have been stuck inside the US since the mandate, because while it was not required for entry to the US for US citizens/green card holders, as a Visa holder I was apparently a rodent that had to get it if I were to leave the US and try to enter it again. I was not able to visit my 80+ year old parents for 3 years. It may all have been for nothing as it seems they are not lifting it to get a green card.

I remember reading here that there were EU countries which were now not recommending the vaccine - could folks point to that link again? I am trying to get a couple of anti-vaccine articles by folks in power to make my conversations about my decision easier.