starting strength gym
Page 2787 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 1787228726872737277727852786278727882789279728372887 ... LastLast
Results 27,861 to 27,870 of 30183

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    This has been a major point of thought for me. I have speculated for a while that those pulling the strings must be counting on AI and automation to fulfill the societal roles that are currently fulfilled by those with an average IQ of around 100. Once the mean IQ of society drops below about 85, it becomes dysfunctional and unable to sustain itself. The current planned demographic shifts we're seeing are absolutely leading to a significant IQ drop.
    Interesting. I assume IQ is mostly genetic? Then the average IQ goes down if procreation goes up faster in low IQ than higher IQ. On the other hand higher IQ helps in survival. At least over evolutionary time scales. Language, tools, agriculture, etc.

Of course, on much faster time scales, like human history, unnatural factors, like social safety nets, can be engineered to achieve a lower average IQ faster than natural selection try’s to raise it.

Anyway, it’s something to think about.

I read recently that Lahaina had been targeted as a "15 minute city" prior to the "wildfires." The residents weren't having it, and the historic status of the town prevented takeover by development companies and investors such as Black Rock et al.

Hearing from the survivors that realtors and investment companies are already trying to buy them out now before they can even bury their dead family members and neighbors just makes me sick.

Locals Tell What REALLY Happened Maui Fire - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    May this fucker burn in hell for all of eternity. The cunt not only lied about HCQ, he also said that taking it together with antibiotics like Azithromycin was more dangerous.
    Fraud Doctor Warned by Ohio Medical Board - Broken Truth
    This fucking worm is writhing appropriately. Maybe he's gone into the cheap hotel business.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Climate Paranoia

This is a masterpiece of an article describing the ascendancy of the Western Global Warming Propaganda Regime.

Read the whole thing.
    I have to say that this part is a problem, with an otherwise very interesting article:

And not just of the man-with-tincan-of-gasoline variety either; we’ve all seen the bizarre cloud patterns and inexplicable simultaneity of fire epicenters as seen from space over Canada. You know, the same ones that the fraudulent CIA cutout LeadStories debunked as normal because “the satellite photos were taken 10 minutes apart and only appear instant on video”—as if wildfires starting over a massive 150,000km2 area even 10 minutes apart is any less suspicious. Of course, they also said it was normal for lightning to ignite fires over such a broad expanse, completely ignoring the lack of thunder clouds in the satellite photos.
    But the lunatic at the very bottom in the video is worth the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is fun: Taliban's Massively Successful Opium Eradication Raises Questions About What US Was Doing All Along

Does anyone doubt the ability of the Biden Administration to fuck this up?
    It was appeasement. That was all. The US Government was trying to make Shah 2.0, and it was never going to happen. The corruption inherent in the fiber of the culture. Every time it was attempted, the new government and US flopped instantly when someone started complaining. In the same way it pains me to see that we "lost" Vietnam, we also didn't "lose" Afghanistan. For both conflicts, the people doing the fighting had the enemy dead to rights. The Taliban and other insurgents were being crushed, repeatedly, in every engagement. The Tet Offensive failed so miserably with such brutal losses that the NVA was on the verge of surrender.

In both cases, the war dogs had their leashes jerked back, and later the allies were abandoned in the middle of the night. For Afghanistan... it was Bush, not Obama, who suddenly stopped us rabidly prosecuting targets wherever we felt like it.

As it was, so shall it be: warriors win wars, and politicians lose them.

Barry, perhaps you should worry less about anonymous posters, and more about people using their ”real names”, both online and offline.

The force, more than ten times the size of the clandestine elements of the CIA, carries out domestic and foreign assignments, both in military uniforms and under civilian cover, in real life and online, sometimes hiding in private businesses and consultancies, some of them household name companies.
    The newest and fastest growing group is the clandestine army that never leaves their keyboards. These are the cutting-edge cyber fighters and intelligence collectors who assume false personas online, employing "nonattribution" and "misattribution" techniques to hide the who and the where of their online presence while they search for high-value targets and collect what is called "publicly accessible information"—or even engage in campaigns to influence and manipulate social media.
    Before the Internet, Darby says—before a local cop or a border guard was connected to central databases in real time—all an operative needed to be "undercover" was an ID with a genuine photo. These days, however, especially for those operating under deep cover, the so-called "legend" behind an identity has to match more than just a made-up name. Darby calls it "due diligence": the creation of this trail of fake existence. Fake birthplaces and home addresses have to be carefully researched, fake email lives and social media accounts have to be created. And those existences need to have corresponding "friends."

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    It was appeasement. That was all. The US Government was trying to make Shah 2.0, and it was never going to happen. The corruption inherent in the fiber of the culture. Every time it was attempted, the new government and US flopped instantly when someone started complaining. In the same way it pains me to see that we "lost" Vietnam, we also didn't "lose" Afghanistan. For both conflicts, the people doing the fighting had the enemy dead to rights. The Taliban and other insurgents were being crushed, repeatedly, in every engagement. The Tet Offensive failed so miserably with such brutal losses that the NVA was on the verge of surrender.

In both cases, the war dogs had their leashes jerked back, and later the allies were abandoned in the middle of the night. For Afghanistan... it was Bush, not Obama, who suddenly stopped us rabidly prosecuting targets wherever we felt like it.

As it was, so shall it be: warriors win wars, and politicians lose them.
    You make good points. The painful reality is that we won the battles but lost the wars. A recurrent theme and unfortunate trend. The US has not had a clear cut victory in war since the Russians were our ally in 1945.

Warriors don't need to dwell on the big picture, that was never your responsibility. Leave that to those that observe from a distance. Serving honorably in a job that requires you to "make the other SOB die for his country" (Patton) means you never have to question your own manhood. Having been there and done that has it's own rewards and burdens.

Among the Vietnam vets there is a meme- "we were winning when I left, how did they fuck that up?". Win or lose the majority did their best and made life long friends that are closer than family.

Now these many years later Vietnam is our trading partner and vacation destination. My son and his family who live in Hong Kong regularly vacation at China Beach, Da Nang. There might have been a smarter way to achieve this result than spending over a total of one million lives (over 58 thousand US KIA).

Hindsight makes it easy to second guess but serving in the Marines was one of the most fulfilling things in my life. It was an important transition from adolescence to manhood on a steep learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Barry, perhaps you should worry less about anonymous posters, and more about people using their ”real names”, both online and offline.
    Wow! All good points. I am surprised that you picked a Newsweek article. A quick read through shows many dozens of mistakes. But we all know the media is not interested in getting things right. Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    May this fucker burn in hell for all of eternity. The cunt not only lied about HCQ, he also said that taking it together with antibiotics like Azithromycin was more dangerous.
    Fraud Doctor Warned by Ohio Medical Board - Broken Truth
    When this story about HCQ being deadly started hitting the airwaves, it was astonishing. It was pure science fiction and SO many physicians knew this to be false. Just like they knew IVM was safe. Too afraid or brainwashed to speak up.

There have always been quack doctors. The difference here is that his bullshit was widely circulated and spread throughout the media and into previously respected journals. I blame the completely evil media (they've destroyed so much over the last few years.) But the amount of damage this has done to medicine cannot be repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    In the same way it pains me to see that we "lost" Vietnam, we also didn't "lose" Afghanistan.
    I think that the loss of the Third Opium War should pain you much more, since that loss has actual repercussions to your life, instead of just your pride or whatever this warrior thing you mention has to do with.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I think that the loss of the Third Opium War should pain you much more, since that loss has actual repercussions to your life, instead of just your pride or whatever this warrior thing you mention has to do with.
    It's not pride, Jovan. It's sadness. If it's to be war, and if those beyond me decide it so... I can't change it. But let me fight it and finish it. Every time the US Government has "gone to war" since World War II the American People as a Nation, and the other side, lost for nothing. Politicians squandered both. And frankly, since it's another thing I deal with face-to-face that you do not, the abuse of virtually any substance also comes down to one thing: there's always pain, emotional and physical, behind the addiction.

If you want to reduce it all to derision so be it, but you're objectively wrong. I suppose that's how Eastern Europe broadly learned to cope with tragedy, though.