starting strength gym
Page 279 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1792292692772782792802812893293797791279 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jklymus View Post
    Lightfoot's actions through out this pandemic have been disgusting. Her getting a haircut, then when asked why she could get one but every one else wasn't allowed, she basically said "because i'm more important that you all"

Plus having the police break up backyard BBQs and parties over the weekend, and saying "we will find you if you have a party"

And the "reopening plan" is a joke, essentially saying that life cannot return to normal until we have a vaccine, And even when it does return, we are to follow "new protocols" that are instituted because of this colossal over reaction.

Apparently right now, the earliest that restaurants can "legally" open is the end of June, and even then they won't be allowed to operate at full capacity. This is like a big middle finger to restaurant owners, and it's almost as if they want to completely wipe small businesses off the face of the earth.
    As lockstepped as the Big Blue Machine in Chicago and Crook County is getting out the aparatchik faithful to vote, most of the weight of Lightfoot's booshit about parties has fallen on other black folk. If they get pissed off enough to fail to show up in the next election, there could be some real change in the state. Then there's the collar counties around Chicago that may flip red for an election cycle or so.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    oh great,
    here we go again

Just saw on NBC Nightly News that of recent cases, 2 out of 3 people in NYC who’ve contracted the virus had been staying home. Maybe we should have a nationwide lockout now and not allow anyone into their homes? It’s obviously safer as a homeless person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Fortunately, not everyone here falls in step. Since the judge didn't listen to the AG or the governor yesterday: Supreme Court of Texas orders Dallas salon owner released from jail | wfaa.com
    This is very surprising the Supreme Court would weigh in on a contempt case. I have never heard of that.

Looks like the Texas Supreme Court foresaw an ill wind beginning to blow on the smoldering embers of the people's discontent.

I'm surprised no dissenting opinions have turned up arguing that the lady with the hair salon could've done X or Y to get her kids food instead of open up her business. I was expecting it as soon as I saw the video of her in front of that judge. Where you at, Buzzfeed and Vox?

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Interesting development. My son was just “cleared from quarantine” after 3 weeks in a hotel room in San Diego before going to MCRD this past Monday...
    Wow...recruit training seems challenging enough without this additional layer of COVID-19. I'm glad you were able to talk to him during quarantine. I doubt you will get more than that initial phone call when he arrives aboard MCRD San Diego.

I wish your son well. I hope this crap doesn't prevent you and yours from traveling to family day, and graduation. My son is still in the fleet and went through Parris Island almost 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    First it was China Flu, now it's the yellow fever jackets. If Trump would just nuke east Asia into the Pacific our problems would be over.

I have just been lurking in this thread, but I feel like I should post this in case someone missed it. This is it, the final line of "civility" might just be crossed. Forcibly removing people from their homes to "other housing". If this actually happens, who knows how far this thing will go? Everything up until now has been more or less "polite" compared to this but once that first child is dragged away from their parents, all bets are off.

They only have 19 deaths in the county thus far. Watch the first 7 minutes or so.

YouTube

Before I posted this, I wanted to double check if he clarified his comments which, apparently, he did.

Fact check: Ventura County not planning to force infected from their homes | Thousand Oaks Acorn

But, he did say what he said initially and at this point, after everything has happened, I wouldn't put it past some form of government to do this.

Default Breaking news from the epicenter

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Just saw on NBC Nightly News that of recent cases, 2 out of 3 people in NYC who’ve contracted the virus had been staying home. Maybe we should have a nationwide lockout now and not allow anyone into their homes? It’s obviously safer as a homeless person.
    So my sister pulls up to the local quick check ... they’re like 7-11s up here ...yesterday and sits in car while boyfriend runs into store. She watches Some guy in mask come out of store. He sprays and wipes off his car door. Hops in car and sprays and scrubs interior of car down. Takes off his plastic gloves and sprays his hands with something. Then picks up the pack of cigarettes he purchased in store and sprays them. Classic.

starting strength coach development program
    I saw a similar thing the other day. Fat girl with a mask on walked in the store I was getting gas, came out with a pack, got in the car, pulled the mask down, and smoked one. Strangest time in the history of the country.