starting strength gym
Page 2792 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1792229226922742278227902791279227932794280228422892 ... LastLast
Results 27,911 to 27,920 of 30196

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Throughout history, there are fewer periods of the economic circumstances that allow obesity to exist. "Plenty of food" has seldom been a problem throughout history, and only recently have fossil fuels allowed us the luxury of obesity.
    Exactly. It is the abundance of the stuff that enables obesity, not the (non-existent) addictive nature of it.

I actually saw a Facebook post the other day titled "This is why we have an obesity epidemic". On it was a picture of a McDonald's small fries priced at $0.99 next to a picture of a $2.00 pound of apples. Funny how someone out there really believes that it's the one dollar difference that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I agree, drug problems in this country, along with many others, are a symptom of deeper issues. People don't decide to take up heroin abuse when life is going well. I think the bottom line is our society is failing to provide real benefit to so many people, but still collecting from them to sustain itself and its initiatives, many of which do not benefit the public common good at all. "But living without civilization makes things HARD!" I'm sure someone might say. HARD does not mean WORSE. EASY does not mean BETTER. You know who has it easy? Zoo animals. They go from living out in nature, which is EXTREMELY harsh and unforgiving, to having every need provided for them. Food, water, veterinary medicine, a place to live, general safety. They live in the ultimate ease rather than the ultimate difficulty, and yet they can get so depressed they don't even want to fuck anymore.

I'm not advocating for a return to savagery, but we gathered together to form civilizations for mutual benefit. For them to work, people need to still have a LIFE to live within them. Having LIFE and having EASE are not at all the same thing. But ease is the only thing our society seems preoccupied with creating for citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post
    Somebody, somewhere said/wrote: Easy doesn't work.
    Stress + Recovery = Adaptation.

Adaptation is one of the hallmarks of Life.

So what happens when Stress = 0?

Quote Originally Posted by golftdibrad View Post
    A government that will control what you are allowed to put in your body for a couple of generations might try to start to require you to put certain things in your body.
    No, thatís not actually how it works, because the driving factor is culture, not legalistic distinctions. San Francisco quietly accepts fentanyl on the street because it accepts adderall at the coworking desk and cocaine (or shrooms) at the VC partnerís luxury home party. Shockingly, this lasseiz-faire approach didnít extend to vaccine mandates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post
    Somebody, somewhere said/wrote: Easy doesn't work.
    Probably same person that said given two approaches that give the same result, chose the simpler one (Occamís razor).

If we can combine easier doesnít work with Occam we have possibly a near complete ethic. Iím working on it but i donít quite see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Without reflection and defenses against the marxist ideological subversion, that's like demolishing and rebuilding your termite damaged house in the exact same location without doing anything about the termites.
    I approve of this post.

When Sons Become Daughters: The Posterityís Guardians Get Woke

"National Society of the ̶D̶a̶u̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ Trannies of the American Revolution"

--

And the US military went from "Don't ask Don't Tell" to this in only a decade. Take a moment to appreciate how batshit crazy that is.

imgs_touch.jpg

These aren't a decadent elite playing behind locked palace doors. This is the public castration of the warrior class. In the context of history it is completely unprecedented, except as ritual humiliation of the vanquished.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    No, thatís not actually how it works, because the driving factor is culture, not legalistic distinctions. San Francisco quietly accepts fentanyl on the street because it accepts adderall at the coworking desk and cocaine (or shrooms) at the VC partnerís luxury home party. Shockingly, this lasseiz-faire approach didnít extend to vaccine mandates.
    Just saw this clip of grandma Yellen laughing about eating magic mushrooms while in China recently. Unbelievable.

When You Eat the Magic Mushrooms.... - YouTube

This just in... The booster is NOT ambidextrous:

Which arm gets the Covid-19 booster may make a difference, study shows | CNN

ďThe question seems so banal, so trivial that nobody before has thought to ask it,Ē study coauthor Martina Sester, a biologist and head of the department of the Institute of Infection Medicine at Saarland University Hospital in Germany, said in a news release.
    ďItís absolutely fascinating because this is a subject that is clearly under studied,Ē said Dr. William Schaffner, a professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville and former medical director of the nonprofit National Foundation for Infectious Diseases. Schaffner was not involved in the study.
    Questions remain about the actual protection impact, and this study is small, but Schaffner said it is worthwhile to consider the results when going for your next booster. ďI do not have a critique of the methods,Ē he said. ďI think the results as presented can be taken at face value.Ē
    As Spock trained us to say, "Fascinating."

Quote Originally Posted by golftdibrad View Post
    I realize I am not making a great point here but this IS a good point: A government that will control what you are allowed to put in your body for a couple of generations might try to start to require you to put certain things in your body. Does the person that submits to this sound like a free man to you?
    This US government already controls what we voluntarily and involuntarily put into our bodies.

This is where libertarianism always fails in practice: making rhetorical observations about an idealistic version of society doesn't actually do anything. Saying "I won't vote to outlaw something I don't like because eventually they may try to outlaw something I do like" is pointless, because guess what: they already do, and they don't care.

The final red pill that many conservatives/libertarians/whatever will probably never take is the fact that libertarian democracy isn't the opposite of Marxism, because by its very nature libertarian democracy allows itself to be subverted by Marxism.

Imagine you're a libertarian and a stranger moves next door, and starts building a trebuchet aimed at your house. You don't say or do anything, because you don't want anyone to tell you what you can build on your property. Then one day the neighbor fires his trebuchet and kills you and your family (this is the metaphor for cultural subversion).

Where libertarianism fails is that it doesn't advocate taking care of the trebuchet and the neighbor, well before it even gets finished being built.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    This US government already controls what we voluntarily and involuntarily put into our bodies.

This is where libertarianism always fails in practice: making rhetorical observations about an idealistic version of society doesn't actually do anything. Saying "I won't vote to outlaw something I don't like because eventually they may try to outlaw something I do like" is pointless, because guess what: they already do, and they don't care.

The final red pill that many conservatives/libertarians/whatever will probably never take is the fact that libertarian democracy isn't the opposite of Marxism, because by its very nature libertarian democracy allows itself to be subverted by Marxism.

Imagine you're a libertarian and a stranger moves next door, and starts building a trebuchet aimed at your house. You don't say or do anything, because you don't want anyone to tell you what you can build on your property. Then one day the neighbor fires his trebuchet and kills you and your family (this is the metaphor for cultural subversion).

Where libertarianism fails is that it doesn't advocate taking care of the trebuchet and the neighbor, well before it even gets finished being built.
    In any society, with any philosophy, if my neighbor wants to kill me he likely will succeed.

Analogies are not arguments.

starting strength coach development program
    None of the true addicts I've ever met chose that as a career path but every one of them liked to get fucked up and all them wished they go back to when getting fucked up was fun.