starting strength gym
Page 280 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1802302702782792802812822903303807801280 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I see lots of people walking down the sidewalks, riding bikes and driving in cars with masks and rubber gloves on.

Quote Originally Posted by rokawaylifer View Post
    So my sister pulls up to the local quick check ... they’re like 7-11s up here ...yesterday and sits in car while boyfriend runs into store. She watches Some guy in mask come out of store. He sprays and wipes off his car door. Hops in car and sprays and scrubs interior of car down. Takes off his plastic gloves and sprays his hands with something. Then picks up the pack of cigarettes he purchased in store and sprays them. Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I saw a similar thing the other day. Fat girl with a mask on walked in the store I was getting gas, came out with a pack, got in the car, pulled the mask down, and smoked one. Strangest time in the history of the country.
    Smart. The masks keep away the corona virus, the smokes keep away the hornets. I need to do better.

Justin Trudeau went hog wild banning firearms and firearms businesses. In his infinite stupidity, the dumb ass managed to ban the company my brother started with his buddies, Black Rifle Coffee. You can't make this up.

https://twitter.com/blckriflecoffee/...08851435929601

Its interesting that multiple countries can be locked down, but smoking cant be banned while it kills far more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Wow...recruit training seems challenging enough without this additional layer of COVID-19. I'm glad you were able to talk to him during quarantine. I doubt you will get more than that initial phone call when he arrives aboard MCRD San Diego.

I wish your son well. I hope this crap doesn't prevent you and yours from traveling to family day, and graduation. My son is still in the fleet and went through Parris Island almost 10 years ago.
    Thanks you Charlo!

Yea, I got the boot-camp-phone call. DI's barking in the background. Son sounded chipper; probably elated to be released from hotel-prison into fresh air. He said he'd write in a few weeks, but somehow his recruiter (and thus we) got his address early in his first week at MCRD.

There is risk that family won't be allowed at the graduation. But the recruiter said he'd have some hours of liberty at least that evening, so we're going regardless. At a minimum, dinner together.

Parris Island strikes fear into my heart. I hear it's a particularly forbidding place for Marine OCS candidates.

Your son sounds like a potential "lifer". Probably a measured day-by-day approach that turned into a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post
    Justin Trudeau went hog wild banning firearms and firearms businesses. In his infinite stupidity, the dumb ass managed to ban the company my brother started with his buddies, Black Rifle Coffee. You can't make this up.

Government competence at its best. An error like that would be fraud if you or I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post

Just checked the link, and for what it’s worth, it was “Black Rifle Company,” not “Black Rifle Coffee Company.” Still stupid...

Just went to York Barbell’s site to see if they were selling plates/barbells yet. They’re not. Decided to check PA lockdown restrictions... Which were just extended until June 4th in many counties... York County included. Went to their COVID tracking site. York County has had a whopping 13 deaths and 743 cases thus far. The emergency rooms must be overflowing....

Seig Heil, Pennsylvania...

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Parris Island strikes fear into my heart. I hear it's a particularly forbidding place for Marine OCS candidates.
    Why does it strike fear into your heart? Is there something particularly sinister about the training that other areas of the armed forces are not privy to? They stuff people in 2'x2' boxes up on the survival side of Fairchild AFB while rocking some insane screaming/torture music.

I always support the troops, but the comment you made above, that a training camp 'strikes fear into your heart'. That's the reason it was so easy for everyone to give up their rights.

starting strength coach development program
    On the Medina side of Lakeland AFB the cadre regularly drown their PJ troops to the point of passing out. They beat them up while doing this. You loose teeth, you get black eyes, and you don't get to sleep. This is part of what joining the military is about. But I guess when Parris island is more then enough to strike fear into ones heart, one don't worry about the other stuff the military troops go through, like actual battle when they're deployed. Lackland's Medina Annex home to some of most intense mental, physical training in military | WOAI