starting strength gym
Page 2802 of 3023 FirstFirst ... 1802230227022752279228002801280228032804281228522902 ... LastLast
Results 28,011 to 28,020 of 30227

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    If we were a real country, "born in Ohio" would be completely meaningless. As it stands now, it practically makes you Johnny Appleseed. In the grand scheme of things, it's downright comical. No nation on earth would trust an American born on their land to lead their country. Only Westerners (and especially Americans) have had these ancient, instinctual self-defense mechanisms completely eradicated from their psyche. That such a strange psychological anomaly is so perfectly correlated with the accelerating collapse of their civilization is highly unlikely to be coincidence.
    It's a bizarre pathology, one that I noticed when I started actually paying attention to the the rhetoric used by people asserting that the US would be unaffected if not strengthened by importing a significant percentage of the people from dysfunctional nations. I realized that there is this notion that there is something magical about the land within the US border that transforms people (of any ancestral make-up, IQ, or cultural heritage) into hard-working, law-abiding, contributing members of a Westernized, high-trust, functional society. And equally that there is this notion that such a Westernized, high-trust, functional society has nothing to do with the make-up of the people who make up that society, it all has to do with some magical quality ascribed to the physical region in which they inhabit.

It would be like seeing a bird egg hatch in an elephant exhibit and saying, "Hey, look at that tiny little elephant!" And expecting it to grow a trunk.

But by all means, vote for the guy. The white guys competing with him are all more loyal to Israel than America anyway.
    Explain, please. Didn't Trump get the Abraham accords signed? Also, I don't see a full wall on the southern border - does that prove that Trump was better for Israel than America?

From a historical perspective, collapsing empire has been momentarily revived by foreigners. It happened to late Rome, but when you're at that point, the collapse is already nearing completion. I'd rather just get the shit show over with. No one is fixing or saving anything in DC, unless some Q-esque thing has been set into motion and a "white hat" faction is gearing up to remove and kill the enemy domestic. Such super low probability theories are really the only hope of preventing either collapse or vicious totalitarian order at this point, which is why people believe them.
    Your rooting interest in the collapse of the current government is quite clear and won't disagree about the level of perceivable corruption. However, I won't wish for a collapsing society on my own kids. Carry on in throwing dry brush on the fire. I will be here firing up the garden hose and pissing on the flames as they approach.

--

By the way, I'm a little surprised everyone was so disappointed by Trump's interview. Admittedly, the content was in fact kind of boring, but just watching his confidence and body language was fascinating to me. The guy presents as completely unfazed by everything happening to him. It's impressive. I also found it interesting that Tucker asked him twice about the threat of being assassinated, and he completely ignored the question twice. One of Trump's greatest 2016 campaign speeches had the line "I take all of their slings and arrows gladly". It's remarkable how close to literally he has come to taking them.
    I agree that Trump is singularly charismatic. The mug shot is awesome. There should be 1000's of T-Shirts made.

If Trump could just shut up 60% of the time and have someone else run his team for him, I would get on the train.

Unfortunately, Trump turned into a big whiny pussy half-way through his presidency. The media and the deep state got in his head and he can't get out of his own way. However, his fans hate everyone so much they don't care about anything else besides giving the libs and "rinos" the middle-finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    I thought the song was brilliant and timely. This was the first time I heard the song and the first time I heard this singer. I still don't know who the guy is.
    These should give you an idea.

It's a pleasure to meet you - YouTube

It's a pleasure to meet you - part 2 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    It's about the transit of Russian gas via Ukraine to Europe, domination of the Black Sea and Caspian basin natural resources, as well as natural riches in Ukraine. All the other stuff is just government propagandists blowing smoke in people's faces.
    Correct, and from some things I've read, even bigger; it's about this recreation of a silk road that helps get Chinese goods to Europe without the ships, lotsa people don't like that. And also it seems my great country doesn't really want a multipolar world, then again maybe the Russkies don't either. But c'mon govt propaganda or not, this should be easy to measure, are the dead bodies in the separatist republics there or not at the hands of the Ukrainians since around 2014, did or didn't America install Zelensky?

Quote Originally Posted by amilner View Post
    Explain, please. Didn't Trump get the Abraham accords signed? Also, I don't see a full wall on the southern border - does that prove that Trump was better for Israel than America?
    I should have said "guys at the debate". I wasn't including Trump in that statement. Some people give Trump a hard time for his Israel rhetoric, but I think his restraint, especially in Syria and Iran tell a different story. So does the way Netanyahu took a huge shit on him right after the stolen election.

Quote Originally Posted by amilner View Post
    Your rooting interest in the collapse of the current government is quite clear and won't disagree about the level of perceivable corruption. However, I won't wish for a collapsing society on my own kids. Carry on in throwing dry brush on the fire. I will be here firing up the garden hose and pissing on the flames as they approach.
    That's one way to look at it, but ultimately you're still just passing it off to your children or their children. "Fight the dragons now so your children don't have to" is the way I look at it. Even in your analogy, the flames don't stop spreading. Pissing on the fire isn't going to put it out. The longer we delay, the worse it will be for whoever does have to deal with it.

Theoden: I will not risk open war.
    Aragorn: Open war is upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Explain.
    Ties to big tech, ties to biotech (mRNA stuff), public statements supporting COVID lockdowns. He went after the WEF to take him off their good boys and girls list, but he didn't get put there at random. Apparently he paid a wikipedia editor to delete a lot of inconvenient information about this stuff from his entry on the site, which signals to me he isn't willing to confront and explain the concerns, only try and sweep them under the rug. That's not a guy I am inclined to trust. He also apparently has been a big supporter of weird medical research to create human/animal hybrids. I'm going to guess it's for the sake of growing transplant organs for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Correct, and from some things I've read, even bigger; it's about this recreation of a silk road that helps get Chinese goods to Europe without the ships, lotsa people don't like that. And also it seems my great country doesn't really want a multipolar world, then again maybe the Russkies don't either. But c'mon govt propaganda or not, this should be easy to measure, are the dead bodies in the separatist republics there or not at the hands of the Ukrainians since around 2014, did or didn't America install Zelensky?
    I mean, there is a security aspect involved for sure. The general PR line for NAFO bots is "Russia made it so that Finland and Sweden joined NATO". Sure, so try to warehouse nuclear bombs there, see where it gets you. There is a tremendous amount of wrong moves done by the "western" establishment. The sanctions alone, had they not imposed them and sent oil and gas prices to the roof, I'm pretty sure Russia would have gone bankrupt by the end of last year. The sheer level of incompetence has been staggering. My guess is that the NATO camp, "Zone A", or whatever you wanna call them, now welcomes the conspiracy nuts painting them as executioners a master plan. The only master plan I see is self annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Ties to big tech, ties to biotech (mRNA stuff), public statements supporting COVID lockdowns. He went after the WEF to take him off their good boys and girls list, but he didn't get put there at random. Apparently he paid a wikipedia editor to delete a lot of inconvenient information about this stuff from his entry on the site, which signals to me he isn't willing to confront and explain the concerns, only try and sweep them under the rug. That's not a guy I am inclined to trust. He also apparently has been a big supporter of weird medical research to create human/animal hybrids. I'm going to guess it's for the sake of growing transplant organs for people.
    Okay. Now, who do you like better, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    It's good to question things. I've stepped back and looked into the beardy singer guy after his song went viral. I stand by my mantra of "no coincidences," but it's not unusual Oliver is being attacked by the left.

Can you link the article?

MKM, I was just as excited as you seemed, if not more so, by the emotion of and language in and huge following for the song. I found the links through comments on Denniger's site (some gems in the rough can still be uncovered there); the Twitter link in case you don't want to patronize that site just shows beardy guy waxing eloquently more, like some nineties public school teacher or DINK mom, about the power and beauty of our diversity. And random twitter guy also questions whether the accent is fake.

https://twitter.com/black_pilled/sta...36415107498288

Fake Man South of Richmond - Vox Popoli

The inteview on Twitter is short and worth watching & internalizing if only because, as I wrote a few posts above, the elections game has been so utterly dominated that we will chase any tail that moves and appears patriotic, or checks at least one of the many many boxes describing things wrong with our society and government. So we similary get so excited about songs and artists who end up saying things like this because Entertainment is so utterly dominated by just one worldview. But we all know who ends up actually getting fucked by that hot tail you chased, in the end. And Vox has a point about the inverse relationship between celebrities and politicians you can trust and how WaPo writes them up. So maybe beardy guy isn't a plant but it is unfortunate we must swallow the kumbaya, 90's, DIE ideals of the singer in order to enjoy a catchy tune about our evil, selfish, self-serving overlords and their lower-middle-class-tilted taxation system.
    For the record, I did and still do enjoy the song.

starting strength coach development program
    The below link addresses a major problem with Vivek. I like to stick with a principle Tom Woods has made.
    "Anything and everything a presidential candidate says to get elected is a lie. Except the worst possible policy they put forward in their campaign. That’s parts not a lie."

Getting Vivek'd - EPautos - Libertarian Car Talk