starting strength gym
Page 2841 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 1841234127412791283128392840284128422843285128912941 ... LastLast
Results 28,401 to 28,410 of 30231

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #28401
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David Roberts View Post
    Most parents are not prepared for the challenges of home schooling.
    Most parents want a lifestyle that requires two incomes more than they want properly educated children. It's usually laziness and greed, not insurmountable challenges. Same reason fence-sitters got the vaxx (no you weren't "forced"). Considering the abysmally low average IQ of the retards getting teaching certifications, the average parent is far more qualified to teach than the lunatics they leave with their kids. But free daycare is attractive, even if it bears closer resemblance to prison than anything healthy and productive.

    Kids should only be doing directed academic work 3 to 4 hours a day, and that's including "homework". All the rest is just institutionalized demoralization and compliance training.

  2. #28402
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post

    This confuses conservatives because they aren't in on the joke.
    The conservative thinks that if they can provide enough factual information via an organized, thoughtful argument, that others will come to agree with them, or at least see where they're coming from and possibly agree to compromise. The conservative doesn't understand biology, or evolution. They think that the barnswallow can talk it's way out if being eaten alive by the hawk. Hell, they'll even argue that a hawk can be a barnswallow, as long as it was born in a barnswallow nest.

  3. #28403
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Woke CEO gets murdered in Blatimore

    If this girl were a racist, she'd most likely still be alive. From her facebook:

    EcoMap Technologies stands against systemic racism, bigotry, and a police state that criminalizes Black bodies. We stand in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, now and always. We commit to being anti-racist in all aspects of what we do - from the team members we hire to the customers we serve.

    We are proud to have a team that is over 30% Black, and we commit to improving diverse representation in our company. In addition to donations, we will commit our cummunity service hours to organizations that promote and support Black entrepreneurship.

    We are a small & young company, and we are still committing to taking action. We encourage all other startups to speak out and do the same.
    That thing where they refer to black people as "black bodies" always creeped me the fuck out. Who talks like that? It's way more dehumanizing than the word nigger.

  4. #28404
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    New Prague school staff training video depicts white people as mosquitoes

    --

    White people standing up for themselves is the definition of "nazi" in the post WWII World Order. This confuses conservatives because they aren't in on the joke. Culturally, the white man must always submit and tolerate. If he does not, he is a "nazi". It is as simple as that.

    This is why some people are downright proud of debasing themselves and bowing before their "POC" superiors. They are the teacher's pets of the denazification program. Earning brownie points makes them feel warm and safe.

    Attachment 8438
    Okay, ive gotta zero in on this one bit...how is shooting someone, for any reason, a "micro" aggression? Thats about as macro as it fucking gets on an individual level.

  5. #28405
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    ------
    Beef Initiative call for support of Thomas Massie's amendment to H.R 4368 which aims to safeguard small to medium size family ranches to sell directly to consumers.

    https://twitter.com/beefinitiative/s...qhk-XaF5g&s=19

    Thomas Massie's speech in the house regarding this amendment.
    https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...h3tAUYoMQ&s=19

    ------

  6. #28406
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Woke CEO gets murdered in Blatimore

    If this girl were a racist, she'd most likely still be alive. From her facebook:



    That thing where they refer to black people as "black bodies" always creeped me the fuck out. Who talks like that? It's way more dehumanizing than the word nigger.
    Good, I'm glad someone who made the decisions bore the consequences instead of other, poorer people.

  7. #28407
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Roberts View Post
    I guess the writer of the article tried home school but discovered it to be more challenging than he was prepared for so he sent his kids to a charter school. Most parents are not prepared for the challenges of home schooling. Kudos to those that can pull it off.

    Among the challenges to home schooling is that the first lesson that home school children learn is to cut and run. People have a choice, bitch and moan about their plight as a victim, cut and run, or engage. Engagement is the only way to solve the problem. Running just makes you tired and victimhood leads to continued subservience. Bitch and moaners are not players, they are spectators cheering and jeering but not really affecting any outcomes.
    Explain to me why if I happen to be in the grip of the idea that I can change the ways of the local school board (never mind some of the troublesome policies originate elsewhere) my children ought to pay for that idea with their education? Why do they deserve to lose the best education for them while I pursue my dream of changing the system?

    In reality, if one believes in such things they can do both. They can homeschool while working to change the public system. Most of us don't because we don't believe in the public system or compulsory education. You can't guilt and/or shit talk people for not doing something they don't believe in to start with. Well, technically you can write the words but they don't mean anything.

    Also, as one who did it, homeschooling vs public school and what's a challenge totally depends on who you are as a person. Homeschooling- figuring out curriculum, reading research, staying up till midnight planning lessons was absolutely nothing compared to how stressful it would have been to watch my kids get shoved about by a system that not only seemed to hate them but seemed specifically set up to ensure both that they were broken and indoctrinated from way too early an age. It would have killed my spirit to leave them in that. Never mind theirs.

    Truthfully, I agree with anticausal. I think people are generally lazy and spoiled. They like that free daycare and don't want to see the truth because that makes it obvious you have to do the hard thing.

  8. #28408
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Location
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Explain to me why if I happen to be in the grip of the idea that I can change the ways of the local school board (never mind some of the troublesome policies originate elsewhere) my children ought to pay for that idea with their education? Why do they deserve to lose the best education for them while I pursue my dream of changing the system?

    In reality, if one believes in such things they can do both. They can homeschool while working to change the public system. Most of us don't because we don't believe in the public system or compulsory education. You can't guilt and/or shit talk people for not doing something they don't believe in to start with. Well, technically you can write the words but they don't mean anything.

    Also, as one who did it, homeschooling vs public school and what's a challenge totally depends on who you are as a person. Homeschooling- figuring out curriculum, reading research, staying up till midnight planning lessons was absolutely nothing compared to how stressful it would have been to watch my kids get shoved about by a system that not only seemed to hate them but seemed specifically set up to ensure both that they were broken and indoctrinated from way too early an age. It would have killed my spirit to leave them in that. Never mind theirs.

    Truthfully, I agree with anticausal. I think people are generally lazy and spoiled. They like that free daycare and don't want to see the truth because that makes it obvious you have to do the hard thing.
    What did I write that generated these thoughts?

  9. #28409
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Location
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Most parents want a lifestyle that requires two incomes more than they want properly educated children. It's usually laziness and greed, not insurmountable challenges.
    Homeschooling has become an industry that is promoted by people without children at home. Parents do not want to be around their children 24/7 so the industry has developed sophisticated and expensive methods for providing virtual alternative schools that replace public schools. My community has a number of "home schooled" students. Each day they attend classrooms taught by circuit ride style "home school" accredited teachers, sometimes in the students own home but often in other students homes. The parents are teachers only if they are deemed competent and they will teach all the children that are part of the virtual "home school". As many as 15 students in a class. True home schooling like in Abe Lincoln's day are rare. Few parents have time, patience or acumen to do it right.

    On top of home schooling being an expensive alternative to public schools, the parents also pay substantial property taxes that are used to support the government schools. So far no tax credits are available for homeschoolers. Allowing the Board of Education to go along unchecked is a mistake. Ignoring it will not make it go away. Engagement is the only way to have an impact on future decisions and tax increases. People have a choice, sit on the sidelines and bitch, cut and run, or get involved and make a difference. If you don't, Soros's people will and they have a head start.

    A real revolution should start by infiltering the establishment.

  10. #28410
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    After having served on an HOA board, first year after developer turn over, I can confidently state that the only thing worse than living under a dictatorial HOA is serving on a board trying to get anything accomplished. Petulant, unruly children. No comprehension of how budgets work. No idea what "fiduciary duty" means. No idea what the board actually does vs what is a municipal or county jurisdiction/authority. We were dynamically seeking to secure the lowest overhead and oversight without damaging property values.

    Trying to lead a governing body in this day and age is an exercise in futility. Largely because of the character, knowledge and independence of the average constituent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •