starting strength gym
Page 2850 of 3023 FirstFirst ... 1850235027502800284028482849285028512852286029002950 ... LastLast
Results 28,491 to 28,500 of 30228

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Netanyahu is drawing the US into war with Iran | Opinions | Al Jazeera

"Netanyahu has not elaborated on the next phases of the war, but he has received the unconditional support of Western governments to do what it takes, as long as it takes, to “defend Israel”. The administration of US President Joe Biden has gone even further, providing Israel with more arms and ammunition, dispatching its most modern and sophisticated aircraft carrier, the Ford, along with a number of destroyers to the Eastern Mediterranean, and beefing up other forces stationed in the region, enough to start World War III."

Let's hope Israel doesn't intentionally bomb the Ford like they did the USS Liberty.
    Fuck Al Jazeera, I couldn't stand that terrorist propoganda network when I was stationed over there in the 90's, even before 9-11.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    Fuck Al Jazeera, I couldn't stand that terrorist propoganda network when I was stationed over there in the 90's, even before 9-11.
    Total propaganda network. I do find them useful for getting insights into what the rest of the world thinks. Not that they're more accurate or truthful than say, CNN or MSNBC, but they certainly provide a very different perspective.

Cory’s no fool; anywhere is better than Newark.

One side calls me Goyim. The other side calls me Infidel.

Why do I care again?

I believe the phrase Vox Day is looking for is "passive participant" Just a note about "knowing things in advance" I'm sure intelligence agencies get hundreds if not thousands of "leads" a day that gets filed and has to allocate resources into pursuing the veracity of a small number.
    If a week ago you'd have told me paragliders would be used to insert a guy sitting on another guys lap into Israel to attack military bases I'd have laughed.
    Just because someone was "warned" in advance doesn't mean they were aware of the attack.

I do think it's implausible that an attack this widespread could be missed. I think the simplest explanation is that they were trained and organised elsewhere (probably Iran) and the fact that it was on a jewish holiday where apparently everyone went elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I do think it's implausible that an attack this widespread could be missed. I think the simplest explanation is that they were trained and organised elsewhere (probably Iran) and the fact that it was on a jewish holiday where apparently everyone went elsewhere.
    Or, to utter the unutterable, that the CIA's Israeli branch known as Mossad set it up to trigger the situation. Sorry to be so cynical, but if these times have not made you cynical, you are just not paying attention. What do you want to bet that a major American city gets attacked this month? I guess these idiots don't realize that we don't actually have any money to do this with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Or, to utter the unutterable, that the CIA's Israeli branch known as Mossad set it up to trigger the situation. Sorry to be so cynical, but if these times have not made you cynical, you are just not paying attention. What do you want to bet that a major American city gets attacked this month? I guess these idiots don't realize that we don't actually have any money to do this with.
    Seeing the establishment American "right" absolutely beside themselves with genocidal blood-lust, I think they might actually be crazy enough to go to war with Iran. I try to look at it from a chicken-hawk-neocon-boomer perspective (think Lindsey Graham, basically), because that's who's most likely to make these decisions. After humiliating proxy defeats in Syria and Ukraine, what better way to get your mojo back than to return to your first love of killing desert people? After all, the Middle East is, for all intents and purposes, the US Military's home turf. I mean, if this is WWIII (spoiler alert: it is), taking on Iran might seem like a good warm-up front to these idiots before fighting in Eastern Europe or Asia.

If we had sane leadership, we would continue withdrawing from the world (more or less the Trump doctrine), and fortify at home. In other words, graciously accept the end of the Judeo-American Clown World Empire, and embrace the new Multi-Polar World Order as an independent nation. Because that is happening whether Ben Shapiro and Lindsey Graham want it to or not. The only question is if we are going to enter it as a painfully defeated empire in ruins, or a newly revived proper nation strong enough to hold its own and flourish in a de-globalized world order. Unfortunately for all of us, it's far more likely to be the former.

And I can't think of a better way to find out for sure if Iran has nuclear ("newcular") weapons.

I guess these idiots don't realize that we don't actually have any money to do this with.
    Not only that, but the culture is so radically different from 2001... I was in High School when 9/11 happened, and my average classmate was a relatively patriotic, relatively smart, healthy teenager who by today's standards would be considered right of center, and many of them enlisted after graduation, and IMO made great armed forces members. I see teenagers today, and there's no fucking way they 1) would ever enlist voluntarily, 2) would be able to pass basic fitness tests, or 3) would actually have any will to fight for the country.

You can't raise a generation to hate the country and then expect them to fight for it.

starting strength coach development program
    And I can't think of a better way to find out for sure if Iran has nuclear ("newcular") weapons.
    Might be a good time for a news fast. Propaganda and BS are flying at warp speed. This war reporting is making the Ukraine ministry of propaganda look amateur.