starting strength gym
Page 2853 of 3023 FirstFirst ... 1853235327532803284328512852285328542855286329032953 ... LastLast
Results 28,521 to 28,530 of 30227

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    "Joe Biden" himself is not a factor, and never has been.
    Well, Mark I have seen in the past few days both Federal and State leaders here in Australia roll over when confronted with supporters of terrorism and they are after all of the same political persuasion as Biden and the Democrats.While Australia has very little military strength the US which is currently controlled by the Biden government (maybe Obama is behind him) has the most clout to confront such events that are unfolding in the Middle East, but will they?

Body Language: The war crimes of 1948 (video length: 5 minutes 35 seconds)

I've seen American soldiers talk of these things, but always either with shame or dead, cold, eyes. The glee on the first guy's face is like nothing I've ever witnessed in my life.

Here's another piece by VDH about this situation: https://twitter.com/VDHanson/status/1710741034320417027

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post

I've seen American soldiers talk of these things, but always either with shame or dead, cold, eyes. The glee on the first guy's face is like nothing I've ever witnessed in my life.
    But she completely misinterprets the second guy, leading me to question her interpretation of the first.

Here's another piece by VDH about this situation: https://twitter.com/VDHanson/status/1710741034320417027
    "So Israel is the moral equivalent of terrorists executing civilians and brutalizing their corpses? And the IDF then is not supposed to retaliate against these killers?"

lol imagine typing that and expecting anyone to take you seriously. I bet he also thinks "They hate us for our freedom." This neocon boomer shit didn't fly 20 years ago and it definitely doesn't fly today.

But she completely misinterprets the second guy, leading me to question her interpretation of the first.
    How do you interpret the second guy?

Israel should announce that they will test a nuclear weapon in their desert in a specified time frame. Short enough to panic everyone and stir the pot but long enough that they can be "convinced" to not actually do it. A deterrence isn't a deterrent unless people know it exists.

They could even do a North Korean style "low yield underground nuclear" test that's not actually a nuke.

This just means that American TV and internet was careful enough not to interview psychos. There’s a lot of psychos in the world, they are quite useful for ethnic cleansing and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    "So Israel is the moral equivalent of terrorists executing civilians and brutalizing their corpses? And the IDF then is not supposed to retaliate against these killers?"

lol imagine typing that and expecting anyone to take you seriously. I bet he also thinks "They hate us for our freedom." This neocon boomer shit didn't fly 20 years ago and it definitely doesn't fly today.
    I don't understand your objection. He also said:

What to expect in Israel?

Expect the following: the usual Hamas/terrorist selling and/or execution of Israeli hostages, the use of Israeli hostages as “human shields” in Gaza, the bargaining/sale of the remains of Israeli dead, occasional killings of Jews inside Israel by Arabs who falsely believe there will be a winning Middle East-wide existential war against Israel. And finally, a devastating Israeli counter-response that will eventually earn a U.S. rebuke.

What should the U.S. instead do?

It should quit talking to Iran and restore full sanctions against it. It should cut off all aid immediately to all the Palestinians. It should undertake a 1973-like massive arms lift of key munitions to Israel and warn Iran, Syria, Hezbollah and others in the Middle East not to intervene or else, given that Israel will need several weeks to deal with Hamas and Gaza. And if it shows any hesitation or weakness, other terrorist groups will opportunistically jump in.
    Which is perfectly reasonable.

How do you interpret the second guy?
    The second guy was not laughing in mirth or happiness. He was disgusted with himself, and he laughed in despair at the horror he had brought to the world. At least that was my interpretation, having had some experience with tragedy. Sometimes all you can do is chuckle at yourself for your failures.

For example, this individual may someday be in the same situation, if somebody doesn't blow his brains out this weekend: https://twitter.com/BrotherRasheed/s...33917098316276

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    I highly doubt any of these people identify the US as their homeland.
    I don't think you're picking up what I'm putting down. It doesn't matter if those captured make Bowe Bergdhal look like the lovechild of Betsy Ross and George Washington. If America allows Americans to be captured, with or without conditions or exceptions, then it projects weakness.

We've projected plenty of that lately. You go in with high force-multiplier, low footprint assets, retrieve all Americans living and dead, and you go through who or whatever you need to in order to accomplish the mission.

THEN you go home and let whoever fight whoever.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    If America allows Americans to be captured, with or without conditions or exceptions, then it projects weakness.

We've projected plenty of that lately. You go in with high force-multiplier, low footprint assets, retrieve all Americans living and dead, and you go through who or whatever you need to in order to accomplish the mission.

THEN you go home and let whoever fight whoever.
    Clarity.