starting strength gym
Page 287 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1872372772852862872882892973373877871287 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Is it really that tough, TD?
    Stick a colon after fantasizing about it, and you have a nice, cogent list of what Mark's fantasizing about.
    When you start debating semantics (BORING), it usually means you have nothing to offer for the actual debate (INTERESTING), and in fact, you've lost the argument, patting yourself on the back instead for grammatical errors uncovered in your more intelligent foe's reasoned points.

Enemy of the State may have very well been a documentary.

Just a thought... Perhaps a stupid one at 4:40 A.M. with some added bourbon... But I'll own it nonetheless...

Suppose you had a virus that's spreading around the population. It kills some people. Others, not so much. It is, however, fairly infectious. Then you isolate everyone to the extent by which the virus can still transmit (because it's infectious), but not as efficiently as before. Is that not a stress imposed on the virus? Won't only the most infectious and potentially debilitating viruses survive? Does that not make it stronger and more robust? Regardless of how anyone feels about the virus' ability to transmit/kill, it seems to me like the lockdown is the viral equivalent of squats and deadlifts... Unabated, there is no impetus for it to adapt because it can replicate just fine. Impeded, it must adapt and get stronger.

Maybe that's why children in the most locked down part of the U.S. are starting to present with Kawasaki Syndrome. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbraddock View Post
    People MUST understand this is not about a deadly virus. If it was, people who intuitively know to stay safe, at home, and take the necessary precautions with the available info via the internet and to a lesser extent TV.
    Can't say I disagree with the main point here. I do think a lot of people will continue to stay home voluntarily, but other people should have the right to open businesses and still others to frequent these businesses. Managed risk, as you say, comes from being informed.
    If I owned a business that will depend, for a long time, on people making that voluntary choice with managed risk, it would seem wise to be aware not only of the true risks, but to take them seriously enough to reassure people who want to resume their normal lives, but who also are wary of those who behave as if the virus somehow doesn't exist or somehow won't affect them.

Not sure what the privacy laws are in TN, but that seems like it is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Read the book Ordinary Men and then try not to be the cure that's worse than the disease.

We are all capable of evil.
    I have not read that one, but I completely agree with your assertion, which is why I am against giving any citizen special rights that are not afforded to the rest.

Although I am all for removing general rights from those who violate the rights of others.

Twitter - Fun fact: The military trial for Lincoln conspirators started on May 10. They were tried and hanged for TREASON

This virus/lockdown is designed to delay what's coming. WE are not the evil ones. WE are in the midst of a constitutional crisis this country has not seen since 1963.

This post will age well.

tl;dnr: Soon

According to the states attorney in my county (kane county IL), Child abuse cases are up 139% for march and april, due to schools being shut down.

#saferathome #stayhomesavelives

Total mortality in NJ:

It's possible that COVID-19 is underestimated. It's also possible that shutdown and avoidance of medical facilities have exacerbated every other disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    It's possible that COVID-19 is underestimated. It's also possible that shutdown and avoidance of medical facilities have exacerbated every other disease.
    It's also possible that nobody except the "Farm Animals" gives a fuck about COVID-19 any more. It's quite likely, in fact. Your data is all fake, we all know it, and you look like a fool at this point. Everybody knows somebody who has died in a car wreck. How many of us know somebody under the age of 70 who has died of COVID-19?

Your horse has left the barn, Shiva.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jklymus View Post
    According to the states attorney in my county (kane county IL), Child abuse cases are up 139% for march and april, due to schools being shut down.

#saferathome #stayhomesavelives
    Not that I disbelieve the stat, but Child and Family Services were hand wringing that with fewer mandatory reporters like teachers around, there would be a spike in undetected abuse. It makes me wonder how these cases are coming to light.

Even so, this is just another bit of collateral damage resulting from this madness.