starting strength gym
Page 2876 of 3023 FirstFirst ... 1876237627762826286628742875287628772878288629262976 ... LastLast
Results 28,751 to 28,760 of 30227

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Well said.
    The avatar crowd seems to feel empowered by anonymity. Posting nonsense for which they don't want attribution= sell outs? or just agitators? At any rate avatar comments are deserving of little attention. Theirs's is a Walter Mitty world where they let their fingers do the talking while imaging themselves to be bad ass intellectuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Miller View Post
    Have there been any effective treatments for the negative effects of the vaccines?
    Heart transplants.

Quote Originally Posted by soup crouton View Post
    Are you implying that the baby in the oven story is propaganda? The guy who is telling it works for ZAKA, which is a Haredi volunteer organization to pick up body parts of people who died in gruesome ways, to honor them and bury them. They're doing God's work and I think it's pretty disgusting to say they are lying, even if you don't have "proof" yet (there are tons of videos to "prove" a lot of the deaths, I don't know if this specific one has a video out there). It's okay that you don't know for sure, but calling it propaganda implies that you know for sure that it did NOT happen.
    No, calling it "propaganda" is merely pattern recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    That would be a question for the post-war UN. I don't value religion enough to have a dog in that fight. I'm only calling bullshit on the rhetoric. If peace were wanted- there is an answer- whether it's yours or mine. (Between Jersey and south Florida we could probably fit them all.) There is a way to separate these two groups so they can be pissy with each other at enough distance that it won't involve civilians. Peace isn't wanted. There's money to be made off of war. Especially war at a distance so the American population won't protest too much.

I don't mean to duck that. I have an opinion on the drawing of the lines post-war. I just don't think talking about how bad that whole thing was fucked up helps anything now. Any "do-over" is going to have have some face-saving qualities for both groups, though. But then that's where I circle back to I don't think either side wants peace.
    My point is that the assumed position is that they get their own land at all is the norm. They are somehow entitled to all sorts of policies and practices that were not ok for their former host counties. I don't even disagree with them being entitled to have whatever nation they can keep and run it how they will so long, but the double standard is almost as amazing as the facts that any noticing of it is dismissed as nothing more than racism...which is not only irrelevant, but somewhat justified based both on the double standards themselves and the attempts at deflection via character assassination.

You're correct that there are better plans than the current one IF the goal was to give Jews a place of their own where they could live in peace, but, as you write, that's not the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Miller View Post
    I'm going to assume you're speaking from ignorance here. For a simple secular answer regarding "Jews throughout history" I strongly recommend Thomas Sowell's, "Black Rednecks and White Liberals". Which in my opinion should be required reading in American middle schools. The audiobook version is excellent.
    I'm familiar with Sowell's take from that book and I simply disagree. I am sure there is a some truth to his claims about attitudes among some people, but I don't think it was the driving motivations for why they have been repeatedly driven out of so many countries. There are plenty of minority groups, even those who live deliberately as outsiders who don't get expelled or even paid much mind at all in spite of the general trend of in group preference of the majority.

And one only needs to look at the modern examples of the same behaviors that they have been repeatedly accused of to imagine that the accusations of the past were justified. Maybe somewhat exaggerated or painted with too broad a brush, but everyone but Boomers seems to be able to grasp how generalizations work and see legitimate trends among groups without assuming that that somehow means there are no exceptions.

Nobody would believe for one second that I was kicked out of 100 gyms because the gym owners were all assholes even though some gym owners are certainly assholes. Even less so when all the gym owners pointed to my various bad behaviors that got me kicked out.

But that's exactly what we are expected to believe because that group as well as some of the most untrustworthy people in the world tell us so.

Quote Originally Posted by David Roberts View Post
    The avatar crowd seems to feel empowered by anonymity.
    Yes. Empowered to speak their mind without being doxed.

Why should people risk harassment and worse for expressing politically incorrect opinions?

Clarify. No proportionality? [*] Then why spend Israeli and American lives, when you can just turn the place to glass? Netanyahu on his way to creating a new kind of "never forget" for the Arab world. Pick up the pace, right! Will it be less memorable if Israeli kills them all /slowly/?
    [*] Ticker says as much, starting with our Declaration of independence. That is, we're all implicitly responsible and guilty for our government.

It's okay that you don't know for sure, but calling it propaganda implies that you know for sure that it did NOT happen.
    No it doesn't. It is propaganda because they are using it as propaganda. It is objectively and obviously propaganda. Of course Israeli atrocities would be ignored. The selection of the content itself is propaganda. The objective is to persuade, not necessarily to inform. If it were to inform, the atrocities from both sides would be equally amplified.

Quote Originally Posted by David Roberts View Post
    The avatar crowd seems to feel empowered by anonymity. Posting nonsense for which they don't want attribution= sell outs? or just agitators? At any rate avatar comments are deserving of little attention. Theirs's is a Walter Mitty world where they let their fingers do the talking while imaging themselves to be bad ass intellectuals.
    There is a high probability of deep insecurity as in in “doth protest too much”. For sure in sexual identity closely followed by intelligence deficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    There is a high probability of deep insecurity as in in “doth protest too much”. For sure in sexual identity closely followed by intelligence deficiency.
    This sounds like the cast of The View sharing their theories about Donald Trump. Why don't you name-tards just say something interesting for a change? The whining is really tedious.

Are you implying that the baby in the oven story is propaganda? The guy who is telling it works for ZAKA, which is a Haredi volunteer organization to pick up body parts of people who died in gruesome ways, to honor them and bury them. They're doing God's work and I think it's pretty disgusting to say they are lying, even if you don't have "proof" yet (there are tons of videos to "prove" a lot of the deaths, I don't know if this specific one has a video out there). It's okay that you don't know for sure, but calling it propaganda implies that you know for sure that it did NOT happen.
    I am claiming that nobody baked a baby, yes.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Yes. Empowered to speak their mind without being doxed.

Why should people risk harassment and worse for expressing politically incorrect opinions?
    Sorry George. I don't know what I was thinking. Holding people responsible for irresponsible acts or comments is just not right, now is it! Anonymous contributors should be allowed to post all manner of nonsense without fear of being exposed and having to wear their shame in public. It just would not be right to hold people accountable.

Are you in fear of being doxed? Are you afraid of the poster that wants to have pillow day and take out all of us boomers? Is Mark Rippetoe? I am not and others on the forum not using avatars are not. Probably because we have balls or in the case of the females, the courage of their convictions.

If you are are willing to speak or write it, you should be prepared to sign your name to it. When I post something smart or when I post something not so smart,

I am yours truly,

David Roberts