starting strength gym
Page 288 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1882382782862872882892902983383887881288 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It's been a while since this was posted: COVID-19: Data - NYC Health

From the Hotspot, the Focus of COVID-19 in the US, the Epicenter of the Epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Not that I disbelieve the stat, but Child and Family Services were hand wringing that with fewer mandatory reporters like teachers around, there would be a spike in undetected abuse. It makes me wonder how these cases are coming to light.

Even so, this is just another bit of collateral damage resulting from this madness.
    I would not rule out that social service employees have an incentive to stay employed. To stay essential. They are very unlikely to under report.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's been a while since this was posted: COVID-19: Data - NYC Health

From the Hotspot, the Focus of COVID-19 in the US, the Epicenter of the Epidemic.
    Trying to puzzle out if the lock down, business closures, and masks significantly helped NYC.

NYC lock down and business closure happened on Mar 20. That date is on the left tail of the above data.

NYC required masks in public about a month later, on Apr 15. That date is on the right tail of the above data.

It's not clear to me from the data that those two events constrained the cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. The growths and declines in the data appear to be independent of those events. If anything, one can call out a jump in hospitalizations right after Mar 20, as well as a steeper rise in deaths. Though I admit that's reachining.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I would not rule out that social service employees have an incentive to stay employed. To stay essential. They are very unlikely to under report.
    Understood. But what is puzzling me is how the DCFS folks are getting word of the abuse in this stat, and who is telling them.

I know many here will say that I am a sheep... But if it takes me wearing a mask for my gym to open, I'll relent and wear a damn mask....... (in FLA)

You're a good sheep. But I want a video of a heavy set of 5 squats in a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Just a thought... Perhaps a stupid one at 4:40 A.M. with some added bourbon... But I'll own it nonetheless...

Suppose you had a virus that's spreading around the population. It kills some people. Others, not so much. It is, however, fairly infectious. Then you isolate everyone to the extent by which the virus can still transmit (because it's infectious), but not as efficiently as before. Is that not a stress imposed on the virus? Won't only the most infectious and potentially debilitating viruses survive? Does that not make it stronger and more robust? Regardless of how anyone feels about the virus' ability to transmit/kill, it seems to me like the lockdown is the viral equivalent of squats and deadlifts... Unabated, there is no impetus for it to adapt because it can replicate just fine. Impeded, it must adapt and get stronger.

Maybe that's why children in the most locked down part of the U.S. are starting to present with Kawasaki Syndrome. Just a thought.
    That's a pretty sound understanding of basic germ theory there. Just add it it jumping to other species too, which it also has.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Trying to puzzle out if the lock down, business closures, and masks significantly helped NYC.

NYC lock down and business closure happened on Mar 20. That date is on the left tail of the above data.

NYC required masks in public about a month later, on Apr 15. That date is on the right tail of the above data.

It's not clear to me from the data that those two events constrained the cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. The growths and declines in the data appear to be independent of those events. If anything, one can call out a jump in hospitalizations right after Mar 20, as well as a steeper rise in deaths. Though I admit that's reachining.
    The mean asymptomatic incubation period was something like 5.5 days with the upper 70% bound at 11 days. The shutdown started on the 22nd,but was announced on the 20th. Deaths, Hospitalizations and Cases all have around a week in between on the curves.

In other words... not much, at all, happened to the curve based on the lockdowns. Even in NYC. (Because it was already everywhere)

You're a good sheep. But I want a video of a heavy set of 5 squats in a mask.
    Look up Natalie Hanson’s instagram. Latest post is a set of five with a mask. Natalie.907

starting strength coach development program
    . . . But I want a video of a heavy set of 5 squats in a mask.
    think he'll swallow the mask ?