starting strength gym
Page 2895 of 2977 FirstFirst ... 189523952795284528852893289428952896289729052945 ... LastLast
Results 28,941 to 28,950 of 29766

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Whenever I see an alarming headline, I go looking for something to explain why it's not as bad as the headline made it seem. This is what I found:

Quote Originally Posted by Associated Press
    CLAIM: President Joe Biden signed a bill that will give law enforcement access to a “kill switch” that will be attached to ALL new cars in 2026.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. While the bipartisan infrastructure bill Biden signed last year requires advanced drunk and impaired driving technology to become standard equipment in new cars, experts say that technology doesn’t amount to a “kill switch,” and nothing in the bill gives law enforcement access to those systems.
    Well that's supremely non-comforting. "Nothing in the bill gives law enforcement access to those systems." Give it a decade and every vehicle will have a collection of information about every American's driving habits. All that juicy data just sitting there, not being used. Not being profited off of, or used to control anyone. How long will it take until someone says "Hey, why don't we just compile all this driving data and use it to inform public policy?" Or until an automaker gets a very lucrative offer from an advertising agency to sell them our driving data.

"Nothing in this bill gives LAW ENFORCEMENT access to those systems." Sure, but what about anyone else?

"Nothing in THIS bill gives law enforcement access to those systems." Not this specific bill. Give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by Associated Press
    The law leaves most of the details up to NHTSA, specifying only that the technology should be equipped to passively monitor a driver’s behavior or blood alcohol concentration, as well as prevent or limit motor vehicle operation if the driver is impaired.
    "If the driver is impaired." And who gets to define what "impaired" means? Not you!

You know any farmers? Ask them how they feel about their new John Deere tractor. If you don't already know, John Deere has abused the DMCA (a law designed to prevent movie and music piracy) to prevent farmers from repairing machinery that the farmers have bought and paid for. Now we're getting laws that will prevent us from driving a car that we own outright. And if you've got a version of the Windows operating system that was released after 1998, you don't even fully own your computer. What the fuck happened to people OWNING things that they own?

I wouldn't be surprised to find that Alexa and other voice-activated spybots are somehow worming their way into destabilizing our ability to do what we want with our own damn homes. (Don't get me started on HOAs. Don't bother with 1/3rd of them, just line up every HOA board member for the guillotine.)

And this is terribly important, since it's really everybody's problem now: The Phantom Menace of the Irish ‘Far Right’ ━ The European Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe
    If every third employee of the mainstream media were taken out and hanged, it would be a decent start.
    Most of them are just doing their job. It's their overlords that need to be taken out -- and then made an example of, in public, so we can have another couple hundred years of functional society before we have to do it all over again.

Just to be clear, I don't actually think violence is the answer. It's just tempting because it's simple and direct. Sadly, few real problems can be solved by finding The Bad Guy and punching him repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    ...This is apparently still escalating. Good. Now, what do we do about this? https://twitter.com/RomanGoddess72/s...70875765133365
    The Irish must follow Connor McGregor's lead; "Ireland, we are at war."
    https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/...63168283124036
    There is no longer any possible political solution in Ireland; the strongest, most cunning and most ruthless will survive.

Anger without compassion must be directed at the "migrants", but even more so at the globalists/communists (both domestic and international) who have attacked Ireland by sending these "migrants" to their shores.
    Anybody in Ireland associated with BlackRock et al. should not be allowed one second of rest while the fate of Ireland hangs in the balance.

The Irish people must view the police, legal system and government as a foreign adversary; never comply with their demands or phony laws; doing so would be immoral and disgraceful.
    If a foreign adversary takes you in as a prisoner of war, you can only expect torture, followed by eventual execution; there is no reason to believe you will ever be released.

The news of what is happening should be spread throughout the Irish-heritage population in countries, like the United States; tell those of Irish descent that you stand with Ireland.

It is difficult to ignore the large number of Jewish voices advocating for the genocidal demographic replacement of White people.
    I firmly believe that if the average Jew were to strongly condemn demographic replacement and vocally withdraw all support from those who support mass migration, much of this problem would be solved overnight.
    I would like them to stand with us in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    I agree. I also feel that Trump is partially responsible for the bullshit that happened, he should have fired Tony and stuck with his gut on reopening by Easter. While I still like the guy, I feel like he has no business in the oval office after 2020 when there are other options on the right.
    Trump is the last chance Americans have for a political solution.

It is difficult to believe this is real:
    https://twitter.com/shlomo_karhi/sta...04217148797065
    The "Minister of Communication" for Israel has proven himself to be lower IQ than our own Kareem Jean Pierre.
    He has called for Israelis soldiers to cut off and keep the penile foreskins of Palestinians as trophies. (supposedly justified by King David of the Torah paying a 200 Philistine foreskin dowry for his bride)
    His Tweet remains up after over a week, so he apparently does not see anything wrong with what he has said.
    This is what religious extremism looks like; is this any different from the Muslim Jihadists beheading Frenchmen?

I agree completely. But the reality of the situation is that he will be the nominee if the primaries are allowed to take place in a honest manner, which is doubtful. But if he is the candidate, who will you vote for? The fucking Libertarian? You vote for the guy they hate the most, which is Trump.
    There's a lot of truth to this. Trump terrifies them, and frankly I'm over his faults and failures. It's borderline hubris or naive to think anyone else would have performed better without the benefit of hindsight and while stuck inside the presidential bubble. Would a meal culpa have been appropriate? Sure, but I'd rather stake my claim on the Julius Caesar who survived the stabbing.

Also, what other options do we have? None... to answer my own rhetorical question.

It just occurred to me that there is an important lesson in Oliver Stone's framing of the question here. Socratese was an obnoxious tool, but his method is no doubt useful with certain types of people.

If they don't just start screaming at you, or aren't willing subversives like Bill Maher, you might actually convince them.

I think Stone was at a seed planting stage with his questions. He didn't show his hand and immediately give all the best arguments. He allowed Maher to awkwardly catch the vase before it could hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    I agree. I also feel that Trump is partially responsible for the bullshit that happened, he should have fired Tony and stuck with his gut on reopening by Easter. While I still like the guy, I feel like he has no business in the oval office after 2020 when there are other options on the right.
    Who?

Styxhexenhammer (an online commentator) made a good point re Trump. The elite are scared of him because he may have learnt based on how they treated him last time.

I'm a bit more cynical, whilst he's definitely better than anyone else, he does act as a release valve for a lot of the anger in the world, long long term, on his first day ensuring a few long time bureaucrats get to spend more time golfing earlier than they expected isn't going to change much. If he was going to cross the rubicon he would have done it by now.

Dave Smith is a couple episodes into a Brief History of Israel series. In the second installment, he has on Scott Horton who sheds some light on Netanyahu's shameless manipulation of the public (link is stamped to the relevant time):

Do you know this story? So this is how cynical Benjamin Netanyahu is, dude. Okay you thought you already knew?

In, uh, I'm gonna say November of '14--forgive me if I get my month wrong-I believe... or was it in the summer? No, no, no, it was in November of '14. On the West Bank some... I think it was a couple... three hamas guys had broken out of their pen, crawled over the wall or something, got out, and then they picked up three Israeli Jewish hitchhikers. "Hey how are you guys doing? Hop in." Gotch ya! And then they killed them.

The thing is this, Dave. One of the hitchhikers called 911 (whatever their number is), and so they had it recorded "Help us we've been kidnapped by these Hamas guys... Ahh!" and then POW POW POW POW. Okay? Netanyahu knows this! These three people are not missing. Their bodies are missing. They're dead. They know they're dead, and they know who killed them! They can't find the guys right now, but they know their names. They are three individual human men who killed these other three individual human men. Right? Maybe it was two killed the three.

Anyway, Netanyahu leads the people of Israel to believe, for more than two weeks, that these three are still missing, and presumed alive, and we have no idea who did it. It was one of them dirty Palestinian terrorists, you know how they are!

And then sent the cops and the soldiers to run riot throughout the West Bank, killing people, demolishing homes. You know, beating people up, and raiding homes in the middle of the night, and pure chaos. Pretending to scour the area for these people. And this goes on for more than two weeks! And then I think it was some hikers or somebody stumbled upon the shallow grave, and finds the bodies. And then Netanyahu goes, "Oh my God everybody!! They're dead!", after... and oh I left out, he'd been demagoguing this like crazy for two weeks! And then at the end, he goes "Oh they killed 'em! they killed 'em!" and he starts a massive bombing campaign against the Gaza strip.

Like, this is evil man. Imagine Barack Obama saying, "There are three blacks missing in America somewhere! We're sending the cops to roust up white hideouts, where white folks congregate. Where they... you know how these right-wingers are! They might do something like this! And anybody in the Tri-state area, we got an objective reasonable belief that you're a suspect, and we're coming for you!" I mean, it's impossible to imagine!
    I had never heard this story, but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I knew--not suspected, mind you--but knew Benjamin Netanyahu wasn't just cynical, but an utterly abominable and soulless ghoul, when I first learned about this meeting with the late prime minister of Japan, Shinzo Abe:

Netanyahu puts wrong foot forward by serving Japanís Abe dessert in a shoe

In any culture, serving a desert in a shoe would be an insult, but for the Japanese it was orders of magnitude more so. Not only was this a "dessert", but it looked like a swirl of dog shit:

netenyahu-shoe.jpg

This was no faux pas, as WaPo would like you to believe. This was some twisted shit from a very twisted mind. And of course, coincidentally or not, Abe would end up assassinated only four years later.

It's beyond most people's wildest imaginations how twisted and sick the leaders of Clown World are. They live in a reality where the notion of honor is completely inverted and turned on its head. To have any sense of honor whatsoever in their eyes is to be a fool. They literally want to see you sit down in front of them and eat their shit with a smile. In fact, they see it as nothing short of your duty.

I agree completely. But the reality of the situation is that he will be the nominee if the primaries are allowed to take place in a honest manner, which is doubtful. But if he is the candidate, who will you vote for? The fucking Libertarian? You vote for the guy they hate the most, which is Trump.
    I've always typically voted for the fucking Libertarian for POTUS residing in solidly red states; with the electoral system its a safe bet that it wouldn't make the difference. It was a signal to the establishment that more people are becoming pissed as their share of voters slowly rose.

Despite the large (positive) shift in the leadership of the party, after 2020 there is NO WAY I won't vote a straight republican ticket for the foreseeable future despite my issues with the assholes. My reasoning is as follows.

The Democrats and people who continue to align with them are the party of rape, an inexcusable crime against another human. Now thats a strong statement, so allow my to justify even though its largely preaching to the choir here. Rape is a terrible crime, but what is it? Sure we define it as "unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will..."

I apologize for the crudeness here but lets broaden that definition. Rape is when a person is forced against their free will to have their body penetrated, and usually injected with something that may have long term consequences. In the case of sex the risks are pregnancy, stds, and mental anguish. The Covid (or any)vaccine mandate was a form of rape in my opinion. They wanted to penetrate you and inject you with something that may have both short and long term consequences.

Every fucking democrat either stood behind it or said nothing to counter the brandon administration's policy on this has been an accomplice to an inexcusable crime against a human.

I always supported the Libertarian candidate so I could vote for as little evil as practical. With the literal rape of my child on the line, I'll vote for the guys that didn't want to do that despite any faults.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Most of them are just doing their job.
    Like the guards at Auschwitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    What the fuck happened to people OWNING things that they own?
    "You'll own nothing, and be happy" is the plan according to the World Economic Forum

https://fb.watch/oC8ERhTAbY/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Thumbs up

starting strength coach development program
    Like the guards at Auschwitz.
    It's like you said early and I have said it time and time again...They HATE Trump, and THAT is why he is the one I will choose. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Where Trump kinda lost me is with his vax bullshit, and still to this day promotes that bullshit.

I wouldn't put it past these bastards to pull out another shutdown of everything over some new "variant" of the horseshit-19 virus, which to this day I say it was influenza all along...

What happened to influenza? They just rebranded it...

Still waiting on the Justice to be served by our military for the enemies DOMESTIC that are clearly in DC and other high places of power. THey all fucking belong in GITMO.