starting strength gym
Page 2896 of 2982 FirstFirst ... 189623962796284628862894289528962897289829062946 ... LastLast
Results 28,951 to 28,960 of 29819

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You mean like Finland, Chechnya, Georgia, and the majority of current Russian Federation member states? What about Poland, the Balkan states, and the rest of the former Eastern bloc?

Or do you think that when Putin compares himself to Peter the Great he means he wants to die of a bladder infection, and when he rails against "the west" that he means only nations east of some imaginary line? What about the recently installed monument to Feliks Dzerzhinsky, the founder of the Bolshevik secret police, in Yasenevo? Surely it doesn't mean anything. They definitely didn't face it toward Poland and the Baltic states for any specific... oh wait actually they did, and we know they did because the SVR's director specifically said so.
    Tell us more about these imperial ambitions, please.

They sure do have a lot of people volunteering to fight against their mother culture's invasion. That's odd behavior for people who overwhelmingly want to return to it.
    Someone want to point him at Wikipedias page in the history of The Ukraine, particularly the ethnic makeup section?

How many Ukrainians do you know?
    Given the makeup of the church I attend, I guarantee its far more than you do.

Do you honestly believe that entering a voting booth and voting for Trump will change anything because "they", the libtards, "hate" him? Do you honestly believe that the democratic process (which THEY orchestrate, manage, and afford you) will give you a strongman capable of a revolutionary overhaul of the system you hate? And fucking "Trump" of all people again?! I'm convulsing. Unfortunately, I think it's going to take the death of the Boomers, and probably Gen-X, to escape this paradigm. History tells us nothing good comes from the ballot box.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Do you honestly believe that entering a voting booth and voting for Trump will change anything because "they", the libtards, "hate" him? Do you honestly believe that the democratic process (which THEY orchestrate, manage, and afford you) will give you a strongman capable of a revolutionary overhaul of the system you hate? And fucking "Trump" of all people again?! I'm convulsing. Unfortunately, I think it's going to take the death of the Boomers, and probably Gen-X, to escape this paradigm. History tells us nothing good comes from the ballot box.
    I think we may be soon disabused of the notion that voting actually accomplishes anything.

I already know its a rigged game, which is why I haven't voted in the last few elections...but this time it would just be out of spite for me. It's just the bloods n crips with fancy suits and ties. Boomers dying off won't change anything. Absolute power corrupts...

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Who?

Styxhexenhammer (an online commentator) made a good point re Trump. The elite are scared of him because he may have learnt based on how they treated him last time.

I'm a bit more cynical, whilst he's definitely better than anyone else, he does act as a release valve for a lot of the anger in the world, long long term, on his first day ensuring a few long time bureaucrats get to spend more time golfing earlier than they expected isn't going to change much. If he was going to cross the rubicon he would have done it by now.
    I know you guys don’t like Desantis but his record is better than Trump's everywhere in my opinion.

Plato opined, over 2,000 years ago, that democracy is a horrible form of government that ultimately leads to tyranny. The Founding Fathers, who had all read Plato, wisely established the US as an aristocratic republic.

Through the gradual erosion of this aristocratic republic, the US has become a democracy, well on it's way to tyranny.

For anyone interested in our current trajectory, read The Republic, and you'll be able to pinpoint exactly where we are in the current cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The white pill is that almost no one is falling for it anymore:

CDC Issues Warning: Just 14 Percent Of US Adults Have Received An Updated COVID 19 Vaccine
    I hear you. Im hoping thats true. But Im in Seattle and while Ive heard rumblings of doubt from folks who were all in, in this bubble its amazing how many are more in than before. I see multiple masks on a daily basis and encounter numerous people who feel the need to announce they are getting a booster. Its incredible.

Im not much longer for the once great Seattle now and I continue to be surprised at how much of a bubble places like this can be.

What I mean is that they don't have the power to make or change policy, so I question how effective it would be to take them out. Not that they should be excused from moral culpability. The people making policy aren't going to care if some of their employees die. At most it's a headache to fill the newly vacated positions. Oh, and they'll have to deliver a speech (written by someone else) about how their thoughts and prayers are with those affected by this tragic, senseless violence, and delivering that speech would interfere with their schedule.

No I'm not too cynical, why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Tell us more about these imperial ambitions, please.
    Not much more to say. If simple, unambiguous statements from Putin, et. al., aren't convincing then I don't know what would be.

Someone want to point him at Wikipedia’s page in the history of The Ukraine, particularly the ethnic makeup section?
    How is that relevant? The overwhelming majority of Ukrainians want to remain Ukrainian.

Given the makeup of the church I attend, I guarantee it’s far more than you do.
    You seem really confident considering you don't know anything about me or my background. Звідки ти знаєш, що я виріс не в Чернівцях?

A fairly elaborate story about the dangers of covid, from someone whose brain didn't cope and broke - A Covid Story. It includes the phrase "we tested our daughter's poop" and references use of a Corsi-Rosenthal box, which I had to look up.

I'm already going to hell, if it exists, but given the choice between having Christmas lunch with the broken-brain lady and this dear old German lady who can't rid herself of a nasty habit, I'm picking the latter, who made me laugh, quite a lot. Racist to the core.

FDA Shuts Down Enquiries about DNA Contamination in Covid Vaccines ⋆ Brownstone Institute

starting strength coach development program
    History tells us nothing good comes from the ballot box.
    There are no better options.