starting strength gym
Page 2905 of 3023 FirstFirst ... 1905240528052855289529032904290529062907291529553005 ... LastLast
Results 29,041 to 29,050 of 30228

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Why don’t I try to organize people here? I have tried, and it only makes matters worse. I am such an American that none of the Israelis I talked to understand me when I say, “Bomb Kharg Island now (where the Iranian oil ships from) I get no response. Then I say, “Nuke Teheran now?” A few people agree but admit Israel can’t. I ask why and never get an answer except “We can’t”

What I understand about a lot of Israeli culture which I have known for decades is that I hate it. I wanted to move back to America, but my 11 year old daughter L contracted a very rare cancer in 2002. I was too afraid that she couldn’t get health insurance with a pre-existing condition. I visited a few places like Vermont, and Massachusetts that supposedly had universal health care but didn’t like them.

In the meantime L received more and more followup treatment here and became more and more an arrogant teenager. No one I knew of my generation ever admitted talking back to their fathers. She did. My wife supported her, and I eventually left our home. I have two estranged mentally ill adult children that I helped raise from infancy who have almost nothing to do with me. I doubt I will ever see them again. It’s painful. I tell myself, “That’s life motherfucker. Get over it,” but I can’t.

I have come to the conclusion if this group of Jews who have been killed for a few millennia with impunity for the most part, culminating in the Holocaust and numerous wars, can not learn to defeat their enemies, it’s not my job to teach them. If they don’t care about their families, friends etc. then why should I? There are some good people here, but there are everywhere. I jokingly told Yiorgos from Greece, a guy from the Columbia dorm I met 56 years ago, I should move to Greece and become a Greek Orthodox Christian. He said it was impossible and would take too many years.

I don’t like being Jewish so what. I don’t like being defined. I’m a mammal, a carnivore, an omnivore, a pescatarian, so what. It doesn’t matter what I believe or don’t theologically. Questions that can never be answered satisfactorily to everyone such as the reality of ‘G O D’ a German term, originally a pagan concept are a waste of time for me but maybe not for you. If it turns you on, OK just leave me alone.

I try to be an honest, decent, upright human being. I have no idea how to judge myself. Maybe I am. Maybe I’m not. Death and taxes are certain. I don’t care if there’s afterlife. I’m here now. What else matters?

In the long run, we’re all dead. I try to make the world a little better. Saying nothing to anybody but writing this at the moment might make it better or worse, better and worse. You tell me, because it doesn’t matter, but maybe it does. A teacher of mine said that talking is rubbish. I have to hang up the laundry. Be here now. You too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Look dude, we may do a lot of griping in this thread, but that's all it is. No one is advocating for any type of armed resistance or domestic terrorism. That's 100% not going to solve anything.

I live in MAGA country, and would people prefer if dudes didn't compete in women's sports? Sure. But no one thinks any type of political violence is a solution.

Also... don't you live in Israel? Why is an Israeli openly advocating for this shit on a public American forum? Hmm
    He heard your living room light went out and is helpfully trying to illuminate your living space with his healthy glow.

I didn’t believe what was written in this substack so I actually spent a few minutes searching it up, and yep it’s exactly as bad as it’s written. Normally substacks are a bit hyperbolic, but a bunch of US soldiers that rampaged around a town killing civilians indiscriminately based on a rumour are now having their records expunged.
    US Army rewrites history, throws out convictions of black soldiers who shot unarmed white civilians at random
    What exactly is the point of this? What message is being sent to current troops exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    Possibly bullshit, but nothing much surprises anymore - Right Before Hamas attacked, someone shorted Israeli stocks

"So it definitely looks as if on Monday, October 2, someone was sure enough on that soon something 'bad' would happen to Israel. That someone had enough market knowledge and money to take the risk of a false alarm in exchange for a huge potential profit."
    Devils advocate: how many people short Israeli stocks each day anyway?
    Google's monopoly is expensive

"Google paid $21 Billion in 2021 alone to keep its search engine market share of staggering 90% - which is more than 1150 times as much as the tech giant pays for its lobbying efforts in the US and the EU. This is just a glimpse of how much your data and attention is worth to Google"
    The flip side to this is just how much damage can be done to google by losing a few %. If it dropped to 85 or even 80% the value of it would almost certainly drop by more than 5-10%. Even more important to use non google products where possible as you can cause real harm to google.

Re a new Southern Succession: The common wisdom is that the South lost due to the overwhelming material and industrial advantage the North had. Does it still have that advantage? Does anyone? Given the pork barreling of US weapon manufacturing being spread to as many congressional districts as possible, which side would be able to manufacture a new F-22 for example? The plan is based in Georgia in the “Southern Side” but I doubt they’d be able to resume production. What weapon systems/replacement parts and ammo could be produced today from a single state?

Ryan DCNT
    Ryan DCNT
    I have an American passport. That makes me an American citizen. Why are you taking me seriously? Right here in this little apartment I am inciting a few people on this forum to foment a violent revolution. I write words on a page. You don't have to read what I write. Why listen to me?
    It's obvious I know nothing. Listen to yourself. You know more than me. Who is forcing you to read what I write? When my name comes up on this forum, do yourself a favor close your eyes and skip to the next post. Why are you wasting precious seconds of your finite life even complaining? Take a barbell and train. You don't believe in freedom of speech? Join the Democratic party. If it were your forum you wouldn't let me post. Rip can always block me. Some of my posts were not allowed up.
    Open your eyes and pay attention and read some of what has been posted about how there is less and less freedom of speech in the USA. Rip didn't have to reply to me. That was his choice. I still find it hard to believe that anyone in the federal government would want to pay attention to this forum, but it must be true if Rip says it is.

Prove to me I'm wrong. I learn more when I'm wrong than when I'm right. I'm open to persuasion. How about you? I don't care if you believe me. I don't care if you hate me. I don't know you. So what if you hate me? I have better things to care about. It's almost time to do some barbell training thanks to Rip who so generously donates so much time caring about training. Anyone in the world can post videos, ask training questions etc. and Rip will answer questions for free. Look how much he has given to the world. I do owe my life to you Mark. I almost tripped sprinting to safety but didn't. I knew I risked a heart attack. I also knew that if I did, I probably would have died before an ambulance could have picked me up because the hospitals have more important people to take care of than an old man who foolishly has to sprint to safety when missiles are exploding. If I even got to a hospital, I'd have been left in a corridor or outdoors and been better off dead. I'm still alive at least this second. A missile strike could occur before I send this off.

I stupidly took 3 covid vaccines and posted Dr McCollough's spike protein removal formula on this forum that can be bought over the counter. Why I didn't die of a heart attack I'm not sure. I changed my diet to a much higher protein amount, eat almost no added sugar except for workouts, quit cardio for strength training, got better sleep until this war erupted. The last time I sprinted was probably about 15 years ago. Something worked.I can't prove it's the strength training, but I assume it is.

Rip, the truth is you gave the world of strength and conditioning something incredibly valuable. Get strong. You weren't the first to say it, but people forgot, and you hammered it home and still do. You know almost no one our age will listen to you and just take pills and yet you keep trying to get people to wake up. I heard you over 15 years ago and quit Crossfit when I didn't want to. It took about 6 months in this country back then to even find a squat rack for sale. I had special safety bars built by a metal smith that were adjustable for me and my then 11 year old son. You even critiqued one of his squat training videos which I tried to find and couldn't. I hadn't posted for so long or even read this forum that my original user name was removed.

Rip, you and I know that what young people don't understand is that we know life is finite. With each passing year, I am aware, as you must be, that our lives are growing shorter and shorter. When I was young, I couldn't imagine dying. Now it's a very vivid reality. A lot of people my age deny it. I am living in a time where I could die any second. So is everyone here. In my opinion, it's better to acknowledge it, deal with the emotional repercussions, and get on with living.
    Thanks Rip for all you gave and continue to. We owe you more than money can ever buy.

Thanks, Larry. Keep your head down.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    If someone in the trial gets murdered by their spouse for cheating, the drug company is required to list "death" as a side effect of taking the medication, even though they died for being a cheating POS and not from the medication. This makes it extremely difficult for us as patients to have an intelligent conversation with our doctors about whether we should take a medication they're prescribing, since often the answer to "how do you know this won't happen to me?" might just be "Well the trials for this medication included 2,000 people and only one of them developed that side effect, so it seems pretty unlikely that the medication caused it." Never mind that they may have been the only person with a pre-existing tendency to develop the side effect in question, and that you may share that tendency.
    Oh boy.

First, if someone in a clinical trial dies for any reason clearly outside of a direct link to the therapeutic being trialed, it is NOT listed like a death side effect of the therapeutic. It’s is simply reported as a trial participant dying before trial expiration and depending on the documentation seen, the cause is listed. Deaths as side effects trigger a whole mess of other stipulations and rules.

Secondly, about the second part. If 1 in 2000 people dies as a result of a therapeutic in trial, then it is NOT seen [by any Dr. who has 1/2 a brain] as “likely not caused by the medication.” In fact, I am yet to find a doctor that reads clinical trials to even know that data. But it most certainly will be noted as a potential but (your arbitrary numbers notwithstanding) rare side effect of that therapeutic. And of course you always run the risk of being someone who “shares that tendency” with any item you are exposed to, ingest or put on your skin.

However, you are touching on something that is very important. While corruption in clinical trials does happen (overall pretty rare because, surprise! Liability!), the Covid “trial”, responses and absolute corruption fucked everything up and was, at scale, the biggest pharma/public health scam perpetrated to date on us.

Vivek Ramaswamy gets my vote. I can’t believe I finally get to see someone like him. Trump was the appetizer, Vivek is the finisher.

Politico is a pathetic excuse for a "news " organization. Targeting costly meds, Biden admin asserts authority to seize certain drug patents - POLITICO

The Biden administration has determined that it has the authority to seize the patents of certain high-priced medicines, a move that could open the door to a more aggressive federal campaign to slash drug prices.

The determination, which was described by three people familiar with the matter, represents the culmination of a nearly nine-month review of the government’s so-called march-in rights. Progressives have long insisted that those rights empower the administration to break the patents of pricey drugs that were developed with public funds, in an effort to create more competition and lower prices.

The administration will not endorse the widespread use of march-in rights, and is not expected to take action against any individual medicines, said the people familiar with the matter, who were granted anonymity to discuss internal decision making.
    How many questions can you think of that Politico didn't ask?

KISSINGER, ME, AND THE LIES OF THE MASTER - Seymour Hersh

I mumbled something to Scotty—about how whether or not Kissinger quit was none of my business—and continued filing the story to New York. The deadline for the front page was around 7 pm and close to that time Al Haig telephoned me. “Seymour,” he said, which got my attention—those who knew me, including Al, called me Sy—and said the following words, which I will never forget: “Do you believe that Henry Kissinger, a Jewish refugee from Germany who lost thirteen members of his family to the Nazis, could engage in police state tactics such as wiretapping his own aides? If there is any doubt, you owe it to yourself and your beliefs and your nation to give us one day to prove your story is wrong.”

Of course, I understood that Kissinger had begged Haig to make the foolish call, but he had done it. The story ran on the front page the next morning, and Kissinger survived, as I was sure he would. He’d have to be caught with a knife in his hand, blood dripping from it, and the body still twitching to ever suffer consequences for his actions.
    You see how the manipulations are wielded? Whip up the most blatant, bald faced lies, and just sprinkle a little bit of nazi and holocaust on top before serving. Seymour Hersh didn't fall for it, but he wasn't average. He was too optimistic, though. Not even the bloody corpse scenario would bring justice to the men who stole America.

He also tells the story of Air Force general John Lavell, who was left holding the bag for an illegal bombing run in North Vietnam:

To his credit, Nixon felt guilty about the railroading of the general, as I noted in a memoir I wrote a few years ago. “I don’t want him to be made a goat,” he told Kissinger. A few days later, when there were newspaper reports about possible Senate hearings into Lavelle’s dismissal, Nixon again told Kissinger: “I just do not feel right about pushing him into this thing and then he takes a bad rap.” Kissinger urged him to stay out of it. Nixon agreed to do so, but again said, almost plaintively: “I do not want to hurt an innocent man.” It was as if the president believed, or chose to believe, that he had no power to intervene. He was, in that moment of duplicity, in Kissinger’s hands.
    Doesn't Nixon's whining sound familiar? Trump's impotence as president was nothing new in the post-WWII order; it just wasn't as well hid.

----

DHS Chief Mayorkas Says Building Border Wall, Limiting Asylum is “Violence to Our Fundamental Values”

If his "fundamental values" are the dilution and subjugation of European peoples, he's certainly not lying.

AlJazeera a Moslem media outlet
    About Us | Today'''s latest from Al Jazeera

Tells the truth about what's happening in Athens, Greece and
    the rest of Europe and the rest of the world.
    Greek facists clash with immigrants - YouTube

Yiorgos from Athens who I met at a Columbia University dorm in September 1967 knows what's happening because he lives very close to the Shining Path followers
    who are taking their country back from these radical Moslems who want to kill everyone who will not accept Allah and a Caliphate.
    Caliphate - Wikipedia

The Shining Path hate Jews like me and would kill all Jews in Israel, if they could come here but can't. I sent Yiorgos that Aljazeera Youtube video this morning and asked if it’s true.
    He could have lied and said it’s just AI (all artificial intelligence generated by Al Jazeera so the video is a lie.)
    He didn't do that much and sent me a greeting
    for a Jewish holiday that I don’t believe in and know was based on lies.

I was born a Jew, will die a Jew but don’t believe in God, the Torah, the Commandments or anything Jewish which I know are all lies
    except to be a good, kind, caring, honest human being. Rip and I have a few things in common. We are both atheists and believe in nothing. Rip has given so much to the world for free and still does when he doesn’t have to. He would be considered what is called a saint in the Jewish tradition and would hate to be called that. I know he is whether he believes it or not.

Rip commented on my last post to keep my head down which I didn’t understand. I now know that in Texas it’s better to get shot in the chest than the head but not here because everyone knows that at my age I’m better off dead than being so shot up below the head that I’ll never use a barbell again.

What I know from living in this crazy country that I am almost positive will be destroyed is that we have gone crazy from too many Covid shots, media lies, and even from our prime minister who has every get out of jail free card possible. Netanyahu is still taking orders from Biden, who he calls Joe. It’s obvious that Joe
    can not be an acting president and must be taking orders from Obama or one of his followers. Obama has treated Netanyahu like shit. You can check it out if you want. Why Netanyahu who knows Iran is working to get a nuke and kill everyone at this very moment,
    but doesn’t try to stop it is beyond my comprehension.

Here is Trump speaking the truth about John Kerry and the world
    if Youtube has not taken it down.
    Trump takes aim at John Kerry: 'What an idiot' - YouTube

Please listen to this old man. Take a break, a newsfast, for some reasonable amount of time whether a couple hours, or a day or two. You might be able to save yourself or your the ones you love.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Vivek Ramaswamy gets my vote. I can’t believe I finally get to see someone like him. Trump was the appetizer, Vivek is the finisher.
    He says what we want to hear, but he is a fraud; I would never support him for any election or position.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    KISSINGER, ME, AND THE LIES OF THE MASTER - Seymour Hersh
    DHS Chief Mayorkas Says Building Border Wall, Limiting Asylum is “Violence to Our Fundamental Values”

If his "fundamental values" are the dilution and subjugation of European peoples, he's certainly not lying.
    It is time to celebrate the death of Henry Kissinger, a vile man who did more to destroy the foundations of this country than George Soros.

Among his villainous acts:
    -Mentor and kingmaker for Klaus Schwab of the WEF
    -Agreeing to give Israel oil at the expense of the United States in times of shortage (likely still in effect today)
    Did Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger Agree to Starve Americans for Israel in the Event of an Oil Crisis?, by Adam Bilzerian
    -Deceiving or falsifying information delivered to President Nixon on several foreign policy fronts, especially when it was to the advantage of Israel
    -The infamous Kissinger Report detailing plans to use social engineering to lower native birth rates in the US
    -The original "forever war" in Vietnam fought with his own architecture of strict rules of engagement and resource withholding to prevent a quick US victory.
    -Named as a Soviet KGB double agent by Michael Goleniewski (provided thousands of pages of documents on soviet spies in America)
    -Trade agreements that gave incentives for offshoring US manufacturing to China
    -Further eroding the manufacturing base with support of NAFTA:
    “It will represent the most creative step towards a new world order taken by any group of countries since the end of the Cold War… The revolution sweeping the Western Hemisphere points to an international order based on cooperation… It is this revolution that is at stake in the ratification of NAFTA.” -Henry Kissenger, Los Angeles Times, 1993
    He has unsurprisingly received top honors from the nation of Israel, while most non-Jewish people in America rightfully view him as a war criminal of the worst kind.

Although seemingly mentally dull, Myorkas is every bit as much of a criminal traitor to this nation and the American people as Kissinger.
    Myorkas narrowly avoided impeachment a couple of weeks ago with 8 Romney Republicans declining to impeach.
    I am sure he will receive top honors in Israel when his time in office is up.