starting strength gym
Page 2917 of 3038 FirstFirst ... 1917241728172867290729152916291729182919292729673017 ... LastLast
Results 29,161 to 29,170 of 30372

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #29161
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The podcast with Naomi Wolf took a bizarre turn at the end.
    I have been noticing a trend wherein there is a seemingly intentional effort to blame our current global problems on "good vs evil" or "alie-ums from outer space" or "pagan gods" or "satan"

    The people who suddenly have come to this conclusion have a few things in common:
    -they are influencial among groups resistant to the propaganda messages,
    -they went against the narrative(s)
    -they are intelligent and educated enough to know better.

    It is obvious to anybody who has read a minimal amount of history that people have caused problems like this in the past and are doing it again today.
    The next question is why they have suddenly decided to tell people it is from an abstract, metaphysical source;
    Are they protecting the guilty parties, like Fauci, Myorkas, Soros?
    Have they been threatened by powerful people?
    Is it meant to discourage active resistance by implying you can't fight against the gods or fate?
    Is it meant to distract from the idea that Covid was in fact a test run and we are due for another round sometime in the near future?


    The people who were smart enough to objectively and logically analyze the situation came to the conclusion they should not take the vax or believe the narratives.
    Our three letter agencies and globalists seem to believe the people who resisted the vax did so because they are open minded or amenable to alternative viewpoints.
    Now, they have apparently decided our open-mindedness will also make us susceptible to fantastical, unevidenced theories.

    Fuck your social engineering at The Frankfurt School, we aren't buying the bullshit!

  2. #29162
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The "your unvaccinated kid is a public health threat!" was always a lie. They don't give a single flying fuck about public health. It was always nothing but a population control measure. The crystal-hippies, Scientologists, and Amish were all right about vaccines. This should be taken as a lesson that the truth is sometimes found in very strange places.
    Did you ever read Dr. Mary's Monkey? JFK aside, I found the whole polio vax/monkey virus transmission to humans interesting.

  3. #29163
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Just watched a great summary on the Gaza conflict and other events with Ron Unz. Well worth a watch: Ron Unz Interview | Editor of The Unz Review - YouTube
    Are you sure you linked to the right interview? It's over eight months old. I found a newer one on the channel, which is what I think you meant to link to:

    Israel's War on Gaza w. Ron Unz

    I didn't listen to the one you linked (probably will at some point), but I did listen to this one, and it was great. Thanks for the suggestion. My number one draft pick for the Ask a Jew fantasy league is definitely Ron Unz.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Did you ever read Dr. Mary's Monkey? JFK aside, I found the whole polio vax/monkey virus transmission to humans interesting.
    No, I haven't. But the extended title, "How the unsolved murder of a doctor, a secret laboratory in New Orleans and cancer-causing monkey viruses are linked to Lee Harvey Oswald, the JFK assassination and emerging global epidemics", is epic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The podcast with Naomi Wolf took a bizarre turn at the end.
    I wrote up a draft of some thoughts inspired by the same part of the interview, but my take is very different than yours. I'm going keep it on the back burner for a while longer and let it stew before I post it. I'll also add some additional thoughts that address the thrust of your argument, which I believe is missing some important considerations.

  4. #29164
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    But they weren’t kept in lockdown for months on end.
    I’m not sure of your age and how up to speed on internal slang you are, but I would refer to this “copium”

    Quote Originally Posted by golftdibrad View Post
    None of that is incorrect. The situation is not good, that's for sure. "they" are playing the long game, and its working. At the present time "they" know their limits, which is why "they" are slowly eroding our inalienable rights one by one instead of outright trying to take them in one swoop.
    I don’t believe there’s any meaningful difference between the decline of the US and Australia. Guns are not slowing the decline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    A black man was attempting to kill or rape this White woman inside of his car when she shot him:
    White woman convicted of malice murder for ‘self-defense’ shooting of Black hit-and-run suspect
    The White woman was convicted of "malice murder" (sounds like an Israel-supported US hate crime law) by a jury of 11 black people, presided over by a black judge.
    Better to shoot the bastard and live than let him kill or rape you.
    Our citizens will not be stupid enough to abide by these phony legal proceedings forever.

    Without guns, you don't get to choose to defend yourself in this situation.
    I hate to be a doomer but I don’t believe that will happen on scale large enough to matter. Even with an anarcho tyranny, communities can spontaneously band together and “not see a thing” as the known scumbag got hot in broad day light on the mainstreet. The “he needed killing” scenario. I believe this has happened a few times in history.
    This isn’t going to happen any more for 2 reasons. 1, because it requires a culturally homogenous community that shares the same values. Immigration has destroyed this. And 2, because there’s almost no way the state wouldn’t be aware due to the pervasive level of surveillance technology available.
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    American Pravda: Our Great Purge of the 1940s

    Ron Unz makes a survey of popular American writers and media voices that were purged from public life in the early 40s, as FDR sought to go to war. At the time, where would someone like Tucker Carlson have gone? His only option would have been to be published in fly-by-night pamphlets, give speeches to local gatherings, and rely on word of mouth. In other words, he would have been completely forgotten, like so many of the names Unz fishes out from the American memory hole.

    We tend to think that COVID narrative strong arming was bad, but from a propaganda perspective, it was actually pretty weak and ineffective compared to successes of the past:
    Stories like this are one of the few white pills left, even in the 20th century alone I am shocked by the lengths the US government has gone too, off the top of my head the US military has been deployed against the populace using lethal force 3 times I think?? In the 20th century alone, they dropped bombs from planes in one instance. And it’s all just disappeared into history despite the fact there are people alive who remember it. I’d like to know what the common theme for things returning to baseline is. Although the lack of justice is a problem.

  5. #29165
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I’m not sure of your age and how up to speed on internal slang you are, but I would refer to this “copium”
    Hardly. If anything, I think you are the one still dealing with trauma at how shamefully the Australians behaved in the three years. This “we are all the same” argument is not uncommon in situations like that.

  6. #29166
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    53,899

    Default

    Fashion >> Logic - by Arnold Kling - In My Tribe

    There are many beliefs out there that I think are toxic and out of touch with reality. “Queers for Palestine!” “Keep Government’s Hands Off My Medicare!” And so on. Antisemitism is just one crazy belief among many that have caught on with young elites.

    Rob Henderson uses the term “luxury beliefs” to describe beliefs that are impractical and harmful unless you have the affluence to afford them. I prefer the term fashionable beliefs.

    A fashionable belief is one that will raise, or at least maintain, your status among your peers, regardless of whether it makes sense. For example, I speculate that young, affluent teenagers are increasingly declaring themselves LGBTQ+ because it is fashionable to do so.

  7. #29167
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    51

    Default

    It's Christmas day down her in Oz so merry Christmas to everyone. I hope you are all spending it with loved ones and enjoying a moment of reprieve from the trials of clown world. Eat and be merry.

  8. #29168
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Are you sure you linked to the right interview? It's over eight months old. I found a newer one on the channel, which is what I think you meant to link to:
    Israel's War on Gaza w. Ron Unz
    I didn't listen to the one you linked (probably will at some point), but I did listen to this one, and it was great. Thanks for the suggestion. My number one draft pick for the Ask a Jew fantasy league is definitely Ron Unz.
    No, I haven't. But the extended title, "How the unsolved murder of a doctor, a secret laboratory in New Orleans and cancer-causing monkey viruses are linked to Lee Harvey Oswald, the JFK assassination and emerging global epidemics", is epic.
    I wrote up a draft of some thoughts inspired by the same part of the interview, but my take is very different than yours. I'm going keep it on the back burner for a while longer and let it stew before I post it. I'll also add some additional thoughts that address the thrust of your argument, which I believe is missing some important considerations.
    I may be wrong; I would like to hear your opinion on it.
    I had been noticing this trend to place blame on vague, mysterious forces long before the Wolf podcast.
    I began noticing it more and more, starting earlier this year when US Congressmen and government officials recommended people lock their doors to protect themselves against the aliens from outer space.

    I can only speculate on the intentions, but it appears to once again be happening in a coincidentally coordinated, lockstep manner.
    Wernher Von Braun, one of the century's most brilliant scientists, reportedly warned about the alien diversion strategy from the globalists and intelligence agencies before his death.
    Of course, it is possible some individuals may have altruistic, if disingenuous, intentions for blaming the metaphysical or religious rather than the people who actually caused the problems.

  9. #29169
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Albany, Western Australia
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I don't know who celebrates and who doesn't but I'm an Aussie and we will do anything for a public holiday so Merry Christmas to you Mr. Rippetoe and to all you other fine folks too.

    I'm grateful for your work, and this forum and I'm excited to push myself bigger and stronger now that I can finally walk on my own two feet again.

    And because we are ahead of you in climate change, we are going to have steaks on the bbq for lunch today in the middle of an average summer.

  10. #29170
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And there are other versions of this. One example, the sexual freedom and divorce culture. It trickles down from the elite who can kind-of afford it to low-income, who absolutely cannot, with devastating cultural consequences.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •