starting strength gym
Page 2937 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 193724372837288729272935293629372938293929472987 ... LastLast
Results 29,361 to 29,370 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    So does that mean Trump is in?
    Trump has always been in the race. Maybe I don't understand your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Hah! and endorsing Trump too.

I love seeing so many people be wrong.

Honestly it seems a good move, he only got 7% so by swiftly exiting he looks pretty good and is set for another run. He got a lot of spotlight and didn't really have the massive scrutiny that dregs up dirt.
    He's a sharp guy, and not finished yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    I don’t agree with some of that, particularly Russia being our ally, neither is Ukraine but I don’t see how Russia is anything close to an ally to American citizens. And Desantis is better than trump on literally every issue
    Russia is not an American (citizen) ally because the American Government needs Russia to blame things on and spend money hating. Remember the Axis Of Evil speech by the second shittiest president we've ever had? And now these jackasses just won't let it go. And the Cold War was VERY profitable. We have been played for decades.

Here's an interesting question: Who is the better President of his country, Putin or Biden? Really, not even interesting since the answer is so glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by David Roberts View Post
    He was never a viable candidate. Mostly a vanity effort on his part. We need to rally behind Trump- warts and all.
    Yes. He said too many ugly things to the media, and that's just not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Trump has always been in the race. Maybe I don't understand your question.
    I mean since VR has dropped out does that make Trump the republican nominee or is there more to come?

Trump has always been the nominee. Note that all 99 counties in Iowa were won by Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The more I stew on it, the more I suspect the "Cold War" was 100% Fake and Gay. There was always open dialogue and a sense of respect. With Putin there is literally none. When Clown World has an actual enemy, the hatred becomes wildly pathological and resembles the fury of a woman scorned. Everything becomes contradictory and ridiculous.
    Don’t forget all the money and infrastructure and industrial support and business resources that were going from the West in general and the United States in particular for all those decades. How are you “at war” with someone you actively subsidize?

Forgot to mention, when I went out this morning to plow the road, the old snow plow truck didn't move when I put it drive and stepped on the gas. Then I realized the tires were frozen into the snow and just gave it more throttle to break it free!

Glad the old Beast isn't electric, it's difficult enough just to keep the 12v battery charged in this weather!

Note that all 99 counties in Iowa were won by Trump.
    Excuse my ignorance, but is that significant? Does he not have to get the New Hampshire primary to get the nod for GOP nominee?

Quote Originally Posted by David Roberts View Post
    We need to rally behind Trump- warts and all.
    I agree with this. People need to let go of their objections, look at the bigger picture. Trump is your last chance.

Yes. He said too many ugly things to the media, and that's just not right.
    Candidates with little support can afford to be candid as they have nothing to lose. Saying shocking "truths" gains them publicity as they attempt to become a shiny new object. His efforts to draft off of Trump were pathetic. He was smooth, but pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    I don’t agree with some of that, particularly Russia being our ally, neither is Ukraine but I don’t see how Russia is anything close to an ally to American citizens. And Desantis is better than trump on literally every issue
    Putin made an effort to become America's ally after 9-11, but was more or less told to go fuck himself. Clearly Russia is not "our ally" if the "our" you speak of is the United States Government. But it is undeniable that Russia would make an excellent natural ally to the American people, especially if we had the humility to pack up our bags and unravel the empire. Trump tried to go this route, and likewise, was thwarted by the American deep state.

He decried the isolation from world developments that had been a consequence of Soviet ideology and criticized all remnants of Cold War thinking that divided the world into two camps. Accepting the legitimacy of the American-European security relationship via NATO, he denied that NATO was a threat to Russia and implied that Russia itself might one day apply for membership.18 Dramatically outlining his vision of Russia’s international relations in the aftermath of September 11, Putin depicted a world in which Russia, Europe, and the United States faced common threats from radical Islamic terror and appealed for collaborative security measures in defense of civilizational and cultural values that Europeans, Americans, and Russians held in common.

Lynch, Allen C.. Vladimir Putin and Russian Statecraft (Shapers of International History) (p. 106). Potomac Books. Kindle Edition.
    Tucker Carlson reports that Gonzalo Lira has died in a Ukrainian prison.

Lira has put himself in so many crazy situations since the start of the war that I can't help but take the report with a grain of salt. But if true, RIP.
    It seems that he did indeed die. Here is what I consider to be the most informative and interesting stream he ever did:

Victoria Nuland

starting strength coach development program
    What I notice here is that he's trying to "close" her. It kinda reminds me of any character from Glengarry Glen Ross.
    I'd agree that that is part of what he is going for, but let's also not pretend that we are just a fly on the wall watching that exchange. He wanted us to see it, which still makes my point.

Also: that is a great film.

I think I hated every character in it too though, which is odd.

Sadly, I bet there will be plenty of folks claiming that the US military are the good guys and would never hurt Americans even if they went full blown coup d'état.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    About Viviek:

https://twitter.com/CRRJA5/status/1746319944772432378

He has made his billion $$$ fortune by being the finance guy for an mRNA company with 0 products that is losing $1,000,000,000 per year.
    How is he in any way qualified for the job of president or VP or any high level position?
    Isn't that a prerequisite for federal office?

I mean, he sounds like he's Nancy Pelosi already.

Nancy Pelosi's 2023 trading gains top 65%, boosted by stock options: report