starting strength gym
Page 2954 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 195424542854290429442952295329542955295629643004 ... LastLast
Results 29,531 to 29,540 of 30238

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

1. Ban all NGOs.
    2. No foreigners or dual citizens in government.
    3. No censorship (including indirect censorship by allowing media monopolies)
    4. End the Fed.
    Can we add:

5. No free international movement for capital and goods?

IPB

I had my USA passport stolen in London in 1969. To get a new one I went to the American embassy there. Everyone I spoke to had a British accent.
    I was finally ushered into a room with a woman who spoke with an American accent. She administered a loyalty oath. I don't remember what I swore
    to. I just wanted a new American passport which I got and said I would uphold whatever I was supposed to.

I just now went online in google and typed in the following

1969 usa embassies loyalty oath to replace a stolen usa passport

nothing relevant came up. but i did find this part of an article from 1969
    JSTOR: Access Check

I wanted to copy/paste the first page but couldn't.
    There was a supreme court case called Whitehill vs Elkins brought in 1967
    that found Maryland's 1947 loyalty oath unconstitutional.
    Here is what I found
    Whitehill v. Elkins :: 389 U.S. 54 (1967) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center

I am not a constitutional attorney, but I now ask myself was it unconstitunional
    for me to swear to a loyalty oath. I understand attorney general of Texas Ken Paxton's
    view that President Biden has been violating federal law, and therefore he must take a
    loyalty oath. I thought he did when he was sworn in. If he had/has sufficient cognitive decline
    then he should be relieved of his command and the next in line is Vice President Kamala Harris.

Here is the presidential succession act which I learned about in civics class in the 8th grade over 60 years ago
    Presidential Succession Act - Wikipedia. but that was not the final law.
    The 25th amendent to the constitution ratified on February 10, 1967 when I was still in high school
    taking advanced placement American history was never even taught to us.
    Twenty-fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia
    provides for a different line of succession than the Presidential Succession Act

Were any of you aware that Kamala Harris was the President of the United States
    2021: Kamala Harris
    On November 19, 2021, President Joe Biden temporarily transferred his powers and duties to Vice President Kamala Harris before undergoing a colonoscopy,
    making her acting president from 10:10 a.m. until 11:35 a.m.[46][47] Harris is the first woman to hold the powers and duties of the U.S. presidency.[48][49]

If there had been a serious crisis during that time would she have been capable of dealing with it? Texas attorney general Paxton doesn't know who is making policy in the federal government.

This is not that far from loyalty oaths. I don't remember what I swore to. I had never been arrested but had participated in anti-Vietnam war protests. According
    to a lot of Americans, those hundreds of thousands if not millions of young USA citizens were disloyal and should have been
    1 shot. Four were killed at a peaceful protest at Kent State in 1970 prompting this song Ohio- Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - YouTube
    2 deported. A lot of Americans including a few people I knew fled to Canada and were given citizenship
    President Carter later declared amnesty.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procla...s%2C%20however.

During the Vietnam War, hundreds of thousands of American men evaded the draft by fleeing the country or failing to register with their local draft board.[3] President Gerald Ford signed a proclamation in 1974 that granted conditional amnesty to draft evaders, provided they work in a public service job for up to two years. Those who had evaded the draft by leaving the country were not eligible for a conditional pardon. Up to 90% of evaders had fled to Canada, with up to 50,000 settling there permanently.[4]

Jimmy Carter promised during his presidential campaign that he would pardon draft evaders of the Vietnam War,[3] calling it the "single hardest decision" of his campaign.[5] He signed the proclamation on January 21, 1977, his first full day in office.[3] The proclamation did not offer amnesty to deserters, however.[4]

Reception
    Barry Goldwater, a supporter of the Vietnam War, referred to the proclamation as "the most disgraceful thing that a president has ever done". Carter was accused of showing favoritism towards middle-class evaders who were able to successfully stay out of the war.[2] Some Vietnam veterans were opposed to amnesty for evaders, while anti-war activists said it fell short by not pardoning deserters.[6]

The ones who fled that I knew chose to stay in Canada

The USA is a very divided country. I think there is likely to be a civil war, although I hope I am wrong.
    While in high school, in 1966, I could have never believed there'd be a civil war, but I told my father to transfer
    some money to a Swiss bank account because I was sure the US economy would collapse. I was wrong. It did
    almost collapse under the Bush administration and according to this is on the verge of collapse
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsl...in-plain-sight
    but some people might object to its conclusion because of a certain despised ethnic group that has way too much
    power according to some.

Here is an article from the China Daily of over a year ago that claims it is on the verge of collapse.
    https://global.chinadaily.com.cn/a/2...47eba5ceb.html
    How can you trust the Commies as we used to call them.

Who do you trust? That was a TV show I saw occasionally after elementary school
    when I was 8 years old. Johnny Carson who saw of you may remember as a late night
    talk show host was the host.

To reiterate I hope the world will not end with a nuclear war, because Iran is getting nukes according
    to this

https://isis-online.org/isis-reports...-weapons-today

Iranís growing nuclear weapons capability is often condemned, most recently in a December 28th joint statement by the United States and its close European allies.1 The occasion was the Iranian action to expand its output of 60 percent enriched uranium. This level of enrichment is a hairís breadth from 90 percent enriched or weapon-grade uranium, the enrichment level most desired for making nuclear weapons. That is also the enrichment level used in Iranís nuclear weapons designs, which it nearly perfected during its crash nuclear weapons program in the early 2000s, codenamed the Amad Plan. This program was shut down in 2003 and replaced with a smaller, more dispersed nuclear weapons effort, with the decision to make them postponed.2

Notice the url isis-online. Does that mean anything? It might and it might not.
    I clicked on the link after the first sentence (there a number 1 at the end) and got this which has nothing to do with nuclear weapons
    https://www.state.gov/sabet-bijan-czech-republic. This purports to be from the US state department.
    I typed in the words US State Department Joint Statement on the Latest Iranian Nuclear Steps Reported by the IAEA

and got the following https://www.state.gov/joint-statemen...ptember%202023.
    Here is the text that appears
    The text of the following statement was released by the Governments of the United States of America, France, Germany and the United Kingdom.

Begin Text
    The December 26, 2023 report by the IAEA highlights that Iran has increased its rate of production of uranium enriched up to 60% at Natanz and Fordow to levels observed between January and June 2023. These findings represent a backwards step by Iran and will result in Iran tripling its monthly production rate of uranium enriched up to 60%.

We condemn this action, which adds to the unabated escalation of Iranís nuclear program. The production of high-enriched uranium by Iran has no credible civilian justification and the reported production at the Fordow Fuel Enrichment Plant and the Pilot Fuel Enrichment Plant further carries significant proliferation-related risks. We also take note of Iranís decision to revert to the same cascade configuration as the one discovered by the IAEA in Fordow earlier this year. Iranís delay in declaring this change in January 2023 cast serious doubts on Iranís willingness to cooperate with the IAEA in full transparency.

These decisions demonstrate Iranís lack of good will towards de-escalation and represent reckless behavior in a tense regional context.

We urge Iran to immediately reverse these steps and de-escalate its nuclear program. Iran must fully cooperate with the IAEA to enable it to provide assurances that its nuclear program is exclusively peaceful, and to re-designate the inspectors suspended in September 2023.

We remain committed to a diplomatic solution and reaffirm our determination that Iran must never develop a nuclear weapon.
    End Text

Maybe civil war in the USA isn't the worst that could happen. Maybe there will be a full blown nuclear war.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The comedian Dave Smith made a good point on his podcast. He was comparing being a stand up comedian to being a journalist. The journalist acts like a comedian who insists he is funny, but can find no one to laugh at his jokes. It's always the audience's fault. Standup comedy gives you true feedback. It has this in similar with a loaded barbell. The laugh track or live studio audience cheerleading/cues are very widely used cheats. Hollywood has long normalized such cheating. It's more or less analogous to insisting that the leg press and smith machine are fine substitutes for the squat. But it's even worse than that. With strength straining, even if you are very wrong, you gotta lift something. With a laugh track cheat, you don't have to lift anything at all.
    It's like journalists rely on the critic based reviews, while comedians rely on fan based reviews.

Just look at films that got great critic reviews, but nobody actually liked and visa versa.

--Justin Mohn 'decapitates his father', 68, and brandishes his severed head during gruesome 14-minute long anti-Biden YouTube rant

Looks like the wind-up toys are being activated. Because what better way to show your dissatisfaction with the US federal government than beheading your own father! Notice especially the strong association this creates with Isis style terrorism. That is the frame they are going for: critique of the federal government is now "terrorism".

--Man Who Destroyed Satanic Shrine In Iowa Capitol Charged With 'Hate Crime'

It's hard to overstate how fucked up this is. Why does no one ever campaign for the repeal of hate-crime laws? It's some of the most communist, 1984-style shit imaginable, and conservatives have completely rolled over on it. Never even a peep. And then frauds like DeSantis go and make such laws even stronger, and brag about it. "American conservatism is merely the shadow that follows Radicalism as it moves forward towards perdition", indeed.

--NIH panel to launch urgent investigation amid evidence Alzheimer's can SPREAD between people: Nearly 8,000 Americans received injection that can transmit memory-robbing condition

Makes you wonder how many contemporary alzheimers/dementia cases have unidentified iatrogenic causes.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    Can we add:

IPB
    Or labor.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    Can we add:

I think this would solve much of the problem. The 70s were a problem not because of anything else, but because of dismembering capital controls.

Good to hear you made it out Zach.

Any comment on the trend of the fighting? did you have an "easy" time of it or are Hamas dug in and causing a lot of pain in taking lost ground? It always seems that whenever you guys go in it's either a romp or a stalemate slog, never anything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    How many of our current problems would be solved with a few simply policy changes?

1. Ban all NGOs.
    2. No foreigners or dual citizens in government.
    3. No censorship (including indirect censorship by allowing media monopolies)
    4. End the Fed.

These four policy changes would solve 80%+ of our problems, including immigration, DIE initiatives and the foreign wars.
    It doesn't matter if you believe the policies came from good intent or the kabal or aliens or epstein, you just have to push hard for the solution.

(Beware, by demanding these solutions will earn you the attack-moniker of "extreme anti-semite", as these policy changes would disproportionately affect one ethno-religious group)

The American youth may be brainwashed, poisoned and downtrodden, but they are not weak.
    They are ready to retake the future if they are given the opportunity.
    You are very close to writing a manifesto for the newest genocidal dictator. I know in theory you think those "simple" solutions are good. So did genocidal dictators. And when you get enough "strong youth" to follow a leader with simple but drastic solutions, evidence shows it doesn't end well. The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Or labor.
    Agreed, but I wanted to keep it short and concise, without introducing too many clauses and caveats; goods as well should be in the list, but then what was supposed to be a one-liner starts to become way too long and elaborate.

IPB

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The comedian Dave Smith made a good point on his podcast. He was comparing being a stand up comedian to being a journalist. The journalist acts like a comedian who insists he is funny, but can find no one to laugh at his jokes. It's always the audience's fault. Standup comedy gives you true feedback. It has this in similar with a loaded barbell. The laugh track or live studio audience cheerleading/cues are very widely used cheats. Hollywood has long normalized such cheating. It's more or less analogous to insisting that the leg press and smith machine are fine substitutes for the squat. But it's even worse than that. With strength straining, even if you are very wrong, you gotta lift something. With a laugh track cheat, you don't have to lift anything at all.
    I was searching our library's online catalogue for a book to read, and saw Taleb's "Skin In the Game" was available. Only into the early parts of it but Smith is almost reading out of Taleb's book with his very good points.