starting strength gym
Page 3008 of 3035 FirstFirst ... 20082508290829582998300630073008300930103018 ... LastLast
Results 30,071 to 30,080 of 30344

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    A fitting epitaph for the decline of America and civilisation.

The side that wants to win will always beat the side that just wants to be left alone.

"It pisses me off that they want a piece of what I get for reasons that don't make a bit of sense. " It makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Your headstone will read "I just wanted to be left alone" but no-one will read it because marxists will drape a trans pride flag over it before tearing it down.

I find this post very depressing, like someone you looked up too, now in the twilight of their life realising the sum total of their life was meaningless and quietly preparing to remove all evidence that they ever existed at all.

This isn't so much directed at you personally Jenni, but all Libertarians with that mindset.

This happens/ed because you wanted to wrest power in your hands, and be in charge of your own life. But then proceed to sit there and do nothing with it.

That strategy was tested when Homo Sapiens and the Neanderthals met, and the answer was given.

No Man(wo) is an island.

I hope the shirt is nice.
    The man just wanted to be left alone, is an unbelievable poem/paragraph written about the true terro - YouTube

One of the good things about a community that encourages open discourse, but is generally based around a degree of shared principles, is that you get what we have here. There are a lot of people discussing the same things from different viewpoints, and we all stand to gain understanding from it.

I think it's important to see that Mr. Rowe does not seem to be downplaying anger in itself. Indeed, there are many, many things that ought to arouse what used to be called a righteous anger. Anger properly spurs to action, which needs to be channeled to appropriate action. Like fire, it is a valuable servant, and a disastrous master. Similarly, we have the image of a cold anger vs. a hot one.

So what to do when there is little to no appropriate outlet available for action on something? The wise man deals with it before the anger consumes him instead. Either by finding/making a productive way to act or by accepting that there is no outlet for now... and NOT by killing the anger itself, when the anger is right. To try to kill righteous anger is a means of searing the conscience, which is perhaps the most dangerous result, as the conscience is a vital organ of our very humanity. When it is misinformed, it needs to be corrected in direction, not killed off. When it is rightly informed, it needs to be guided with self-control to issue forth in productive actions, not brutish, reactive ones.

The attempt to destroy anger is part and parcel of what anticausal is referring to, the tactic to cut the legs out from under resistance to outrageous ideas by vilifying the proper moral response at its root. Caricatures of moral indignation serve to remove the ability to resist, specifically by exerting social pressure to get people to burn away their conscience on the matter, and ultimately altogether. This is an utterly evil thing to happen. Men without conscience are not self-controlled, but ultimately uncontrolled, and able to manipulate themselves and others, and be manipulated by others to do utterly horrendous things.

There is a careful line to walk here, to avoid destroying one's sanity or becoming a tyrant in turn on the one hand, or a feckless and amoral person on the other. Again, this is why discussion in a community like this holds great promise, as isolation breeds all those ill outcomes.

Please forgive me if I've misrepresented any of my esteemed interlocutors here.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I wanted to comment on the "anger" framing. I'm not really aiming this directly at you, David, but I have observed how this framing has been such an integral part of the enemy's propaganda over the years, and I wanted to address it. I know you have some personal reasons for emphasizing this that seem to be legitimate, and I'm not trying to argue with them. But what you are referring to, in my view, is "impotent rage", and yes, that is indeed a destructive waste of energy. We might say anger is to impotent rage as love is to obsession. Spiraling in any emotion is counter productive.

Rather than anger, I think complacency is the much bigger problem. We definitely need more angry people. Way more. If there are ten complacent people for every one justifiably angry person, getting yourself ten times more angry won't really do anything to help the situation. I think this is what you've discovered. But convincing the other nine that they should be angry can certainly be a positive thing, as long as the anger is justified.

The media has pounded the "Angry White Male" trope into the American psyche for many decades. We've all been conditioned to some extent to see our own anger at these problems as the problem. But that is a trap, and it was an essential part of their subversive propaganda because they know their subjects' anger is very dangerous to them. I clearly remember being conscious of it as a teenager in the 90s. "ANGRY WHITE MALE! ANGRY WHITE MALE!" was extremely popular with the media back in the day. But it doesn't add up because when I look around, all I see is white men who are not nearly angry enough. It's essentially a pacification spell, and I think it worked very well.

They often cleverly attack the enemy where they want him to defend. Since anger is dangerous to them, they heap accusations of anger on their enemy, then sit back and watch the enemy trip over itself to prove its tranquility and docility. But anger is essential because without it people would never resist exploitation and abuse, and they are very aware of this.

In short: Anger is healthy and good, when justified. Just don't spiral.
    I appreciate your nuances, and for what it's worth I agree with you. Many people often come to rely on complacency, anger, indulgence and other ultimately self destructive behaviors and emotions that they allow themselves to become slaves to in an attempt to avoid a reality they cannot accept. For what it's worth, I am quite often angered by what I see happening.

And I understand that feeling. I understand the despair, too, when those things fail.

But freedom lies past acceptance of what you're up against. Peace comes from the humility of understanding what you're actually capable of doing, and then leaving as little left undone at the end of each day.

My faith in God brings its own ultimate peace, but not in a way that alleviates me of the duties I have here and now. Regardless of others' personal faith, I believe our only way out of this mess is to act in the same manner, though.

The Laughter of Wolves – Ecosophia

I found this a great, non political summary of who the enemy is and why they are so dangerous. The global managers trying to put abstractions on a world that doesn't conform to their models. Very good read.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I...But anger is essential because without it people would never resist exploitation and abuse, and they are very aware of this....
    That's it.
    Somebody reposted the Yuri Bezmenov interview recently; the biggest risk right now is complacency.
    Their goal is for people to become comfortable or at least tolerant of the new normal.

That's a great poem, but literally 0 translation into reality. I think of Uncle Ted when I hear that poem. Uncle Ted only killed 3 people and died in federal prison.

If you could somehow tally up humanity's body count and take the top million killers we've ever produced, and rank them by total kills and reason. "Wanting to be left alone" wouldn't appear at all. "One man who was pushed too far" is a fantasy trope. It's copium. Mao Zedong didn't want to be left alone and his regime was probably the bloodiest in history. Did Genghis Khan just want to be left alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Defcor View Post
    That what once was called Journalism became a dictated narrative.
    Imho, CoVid didn't kill journalism; it just turned a process that had been in place for a very long time up to 11.
    Across the world, Journalism has in the past promoted narratives like Saddam's WMD, the War On Terror, Maidan as a triumph of self-determination. Journalism spoke for years about neo-Nazis in Ukraine, and then simply forgot about it, and now calls the same people heroes. For many years Journalism has sided with the worst abusers of human rights and international law, from ISIS to Israel; Journalism also seems to be asking precisely zero questions about who blew up the North Stream (an issue that should be on German front pages h24, and yet...).

So, imho the kind of journalism you seem to be mourning has been moribund (I'm being charitable) for a long, long time.

IPB

Anthony Colpo is an incessant writer, seemingly compelled to pen his thoughts around the clock. Witness his latest article:

So Who is Robert Malone, Really? Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    Imho, CoVid didn't kill journalism; it just turned a process that had been in place for a very long time up to 11.
    Across the world, Journalism has in the past promoted narratives like Saddam's WMD, the War On Terror, Maidan as a triumph of self-determination. Journalism spoke for years about neo-Nazis in Ukraine, and then simply forgot about it, and now calls the same people heroes. For many years Journalism has sided with the worst abusers of human rights and international law, from ISIS to Israel; Journalism also seems to be asking precisely zero questions about who blew up the North Stream (an issue that should be on German front pages h24, and yet...).

So, imho the kind of journalism you seem to be mourning has been moribund (I'm being charitable) for a long, long time.

IPB
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."

-William Tecumseh Sherman

starting strength coach development program
    I remember Malone saying that the intention with MrNA was the opposite of what the jabs did. For instance, instructing a cancer patients body to make good non cancerous cells as opposed to instructing a healthy person to make spike proteins.

I still don't know how exactly the body is supposed to know when to stop making them.