starting strength gym
Page 3009 of 3048 FirstFirst ... 20092509290929592999300730083009301030113019 ... LastLast
Results 30,081 to 30,090 of 30472

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    The thread took a weirdly therapeutic, hand-clasping turn but the real reason Dave was disturbed was my implication of having a problem with Western countries' foreign policy towards Israel.

I mean the entirety of this thread, from day one, is just a bunch of people pissing and moaning about stuff at the governmental level - which we'd like to change, but we feel impotent about.

It's specifically my implication of "ze Jews", as he puts it, which triggered Mr. Rowe. Because Holocaust.

Matt, does this have anything to do with the Jews? 12ft

“They opened the door and stuck an M-4 in my face. They were in full gear,” he told Gorka. “About six guys at the door with their guns drawn.”

He said he asked for a warrant, but they told him they would show it to him when they got downtown.

He said they put him in hand and ankle cuffs with chains and walked him down his driveway and down the street. The FBI also did the same to Daphne. “Never, ever had anything like this happened,” she said.

They were then taken downtown to the FBI field office, fingerprinted, swabbed for DNA, photographed, and then interrogated, they said.

Thomas said it was apparent that the FBI had been building a case against them for entering the Capitol three years ago.

They were then taken to the federal courthouse and handed over to U.S. marshals, who questioned them again separately, he said.

Thomas said they were charged with four misdemeanors — entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds; disorderly or disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds; disorderly and disruptive conduct in a Capitol building; and demonstrating or picketing in any Capitol building.

Thomas said they were inside the Capitol building for 12 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    archive.is
    Thank you! That one wasn't working for me either. But it was just for a couple of days last week. Then over the weekend, they both started working again, including for articles that they hadn't worked for during those couple of days. So if anyone has the same experience with Wall Street Journal articles, I recommend you just keep the tabs handy, and after a few days, try again. That worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    The thread took a weirdly therapeutic, hand-clasping turn but the real reason Dave was disturbed was my implication of having a problem with Western countries' foreign policy towards Israel.

I mean the entirety of this thread, from day one, is just a bunch of people pissing and moaning about stuff at the governmental level - which we'd like to change, but we feel impotent about.

It's specifically my implication of "ze Jews", as he puts it, which triggered Mr. Rowe. Because Holocaust.
    I suspect he more was annoyed at your Trump bashing. That is what stood out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Matt, does this have anything to do with the Jews? 12ft
    I certainly think it does. Pretty much everything in American politics, government, and culture is the way it is because of the triumph of the Jewish vision. Like I said, they won, and this is the result. And when it's framed as a positive, it is usually applauded.

social-justice-movement.jpg

And to be more specific:

Partnership With ADL Compromises FBI’s Integrity and Fairness

The ADL and FBI partnership only grows from there. According to the ADL’s website, “We educate annually an estimated 15,000 law enforcement personnel from local, state and federal agencies.” Moreover, “in 2021 alone, the ADL Center on Extremism (COE) provided law enforcement with critical intelligence about extremism over 1,300 times and tracked over 7,300 incidents of hate on our online, interactive H.E.A.T. map.” The ADL even operates a school for executive-level law enforcement officials:

In 2003, the ADL founded the Advanced Training School, which has provided education on extremism and terrorism for senior law enforcement from more than 250 agencies across the U.S. This three-day course provides an examination of major types of extremist movements, case studies of recent terrorist acts presented by law enforcement leaders with firsthand experience, and guidance on the critical importance of protecting civil rights and liberties.

The very agency the feds trust to educate them on matters of “extremism” is producing politically driven, far-left reports on who counts as an extremist. Much like the Southern Poverty Law Center, the ADL writes and applies the definition they wish government to enforce. They take care to ensure that it predominantly captures those opposed to their ideology, while excusing their political allies.
    And straight from the horse's (James Comey's) mouth, published right on the FBI's web site:

The FBI and the ADL: Working Toward a World Without Hate

The FBI works with the ADL to host civil rights and hate crime training for our state and local counterparts through a number of programs. We have made Law Enforcement and Society training mandatory for all National Academy participants, just as it is for all new agents. Together, we created the Hate Crimes Training Manual—a fantastic resource for our law enforcement partners across the country.

And the ADL, of course, has even greater reach; you trained more than 12,000 law enforcement personnel last year alone, and I want to thank you for that. This past January, your North Texas/Oklahoma office worked with the FBI’s Dallas Division to sponsor a one-day seminar for more than 160 federal, state, and local law enforcement officers from 40 different agencies.

And of course, we are educating ourselves, too. Since 2010, FBI employees have participated in more than 105 training sessions sponsored by the ADL on extremism, terrorism, and hate crimes, in 17 states and here in the District. Your own Michael Lieberman, director of the Civil Rights Planning Center, will speak at an FBI civil rights conference in Boston on May 13, and in San Francisco in June.
    Without Jewish influence, there would be no such thing as "hate crime" in America. I doubt anyone could argue otherwise with a straight face. It's about as foreign to the heritage American culture as you can get. I won't bother, but I also doubt it would be very hard at all to find several examples of the media framing it as a monumental Jewish accomplishment.

Matt, what are your solutions? I've heard nothing but the same flatly disappointing rhetoric and absurdly useless vitriol from you for the entirety of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I suspect he more was annoyed at your Trump bashing. That is what stood out to me.

I certainly think it does. Pretty much everything in American politics, government, and culture is the way it is because of the triumph of the Jewish vision. Like I said, they won, and this is the result. And when it's framed as a positive, it is usually applauded.

social-justice-movement.jpg
    I don't care about his opinions much at all, frankly. He's certainly entitled to them, but I've never found them to be of any use beyond an outlet for his boundless "impotent rage" as you put it.

I also don't have a love for Trump beyond my appreciation for two things: his policy performance during his first term, and the fact that everyone I want permanently removed from any position of power hates him.

I will never understand how people pick one government, ethnic group or any other coalesced power base in the world and say how much more terrible they are than another. Any objective reading of history will find each and every one guilty of some atrocity at some point.

I don't see the need to get into a pissing and moaning contest about which was worse, or why I should hate them more than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I get it. I felt the same. I went back as far as I could, and all I saw was history repeated. That's when I decided I wasn't worth it to hang onto being mad. May as well spent all day cursing and spitting at the sun for being too hot. ....
    I'm grateful for what I do have, and I intend to grow things, build things and do some good. Rest in faith on what I have no control over. Share my blessings with the people in my life, and fulfill my purpose and the duties I have toward others.
    This reflects a Buddhist-like lack of ego and ambition that I admire but can't claim. I don't talk much about religion because it seems to bring out the worst in people but I'm not Christian. My faith is centered in myself and my gods are there to witness and hopefully take pride in my accomplishments. (Though, I suspect they also have a wicked sense of humor.) I seek to make myself and my ancestors proud of who I am and if I've come close to that I sleep well. I don't hold a faith that just sits in my heart and whispers that it's all going to be ok. Sometimes I envy that in the Christians and Muslims. Buddhists too. I can visit that peace. Especially in nature. But I can't hold it. I see the bad and I want to burn it out. I walk down the street safely so I want others to be able to. I am strong so I show the weights to others. I have choices I want others to have. I want choices taken from us given back even and especially if others will choose different than I. Desire, anger, don't go well with faith, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    This happens/ed because you wanted to wrest power in your hands, and be in charge of your own life. But then proceed to sit there and do nothing with it.
    Well, yeah! I want power over my life but not everyone else's. To me the problem is we have way too many people with no character and no inner strength. Someone in power with character and inner strength feels no threat and therefore no need to control others. What I feel is sad is to learn that that lack of character and inner strength is so pervasive. That weakness is like a cancer and it's metastasized into everything. I'm sad to find that out about my people, my country.

I come from a war fighter background. Multiple branches of military service, husband a sniper, a cousin who was commander of the 10th Air Force, etc., etc. I had already taken the ASVAB before they found out about my asthma. (I was crushed but found other ways to help.) As goofy as it may sound to some, these ideas of freedom, holding the line for the safety of others, etc. are part of me and it is a deeply changing paradigm shift to undergo these realizations. The received information is sad. But I also recognize that never in my life has wisdom come alone. It always travels with sadness and maturity and sometimes loss. I don't break though so this too, I will turn into growth.

PS I greatly enjoyed the Laughter of Wolves.

I disagree. I don't think we're impotent at all. I think that's the problem. This forum is full of people with character and the inner strength to do the hard things and we struggle with where and when to apply that strength. Whatever you want to label it- revolution, insurrection, etc. is serious business. People get hurt, people die, things get nasty. No one who is truly capable and understands that wants to go there without just cause. We outnumber and outgun the other side and we know what that looks like and I think we're all searching for a way to keep this peaceful. That's where there's impotency, if at all. We seem unable to convince the other side that there is actually a line that if they cross it that changes. The problem is that while none of us want to see our children deal with civil conflict, keeping the peace seems to be costing them in a deeper, more meaningful way. We're allowing whole generations to be shaped by political greed and corruption. The ethics of fighting vs not fighting are becoming a Gordian knot. They forced the shots and we didn't take up arms and we have young folk dying. I honestly can't tell which sin was the bigger.

I suspect that's the secret conversation going on in a lot of hearts right now and why you see some things happening in the media (like reports of a Trump win to come). More and more are coming to see that not fighting is the bigger sin and there's struggle with that. Struggle from the top to come up with something to keep us in line (H5N1 anyone?) and struggle from the bottom to not say the C word (civil war.) Those struggles wouldn't exist if we were truly impotent. You can roughly measure how powerful we are by what the top does to try to keep us in line. These efforts have been psychological and with the help of government bureaucracies whose agents are mostly nameless and faceless in an effort to not draw attention to easy targets. If they thought we were impotent jack booted thugs would have delivered your vaccine door to door during their precious lockdown. But they aren't impotent either and underneath the photoshopped Joe Rogan pictures and accusations of horsey paste consumption are people who consider you a resource. Like cattle. To be tagged and fed and drugged as appropriate to their will, their use. Unless everyone likes the sound of that this cold war is going to go hot at some point. So if you truly think we're impotent I'd suggest the best use of brain power is to help us get potent real fast.

Here is a comment from one of Denninger's posts I ran across today:

Hypertension 50 posts, incept 2023-09-15
    2024-04-03 17:48:39

My impression of most doctors has fallen so far over the years that I have very little faith in most of them. What came as an obvious but harsh realization is that most of them just follow established protocol, right or wrong. If X then Y. If they do anything different, it is liability. So, they basically check boxes. They don't think much past getting to the right checklist to use. I believe this is a component of why they just lined up to push the vax or a vent... etc. It was protocol. They are NPCs. The profession in on the rails.

The pass I will give is to some surgeons who truly do remarkable work.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    This reflects a Buddhist-like lack of ego and ambition
    The ego in Buddhism isn't what we consider to be our ego, meaning our whatever. It is like, there is no you that is analogous with the world in its entirety. Simplified, you are not god.