starting strength gym
Page 3016 of 3035 FirstFirst ... 20162516291629663006301430153016301730183026 ... LastLast
Results 30,151 to 30,160 of 30344

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #30151
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    447

    Default

    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Despite the silly turn this conversation has taken, it does raise a point. I've heard much the same thing from Liberally minded Eastern European and Baltic people - particularly the Estnonians, for example, who have tried to remarket themselves as a cool, progessive mini version of a Scandinavian nation. Those small countries had their own tragedies in the 20th century which they're not keen to repeat, and now the nightmare of communism is their view mirror they are simply uninterested and unaffected by both legal and illegal mass migration as we are in the West. They don't share our problems.

    These concepts, especially fascism and Nazism, which popped up in between the world wars, really don't address or remedy the concerns we have in the unique situation we find ourselves in this time. Mass immigration on this scale, orchestrated from the top down, is a new and terrible experiment, or weapon. We're fumbling around with ancient terms and are all in complete conceptual confusion about how to move forward politically. The object of inquiry, our situation today, really is unique and shares no affinities with the 20th century - and throwing around terms like "fascism" and "nazism", "right wing extremism" and "conservatism" may be intellectually stimulating for some of you, but these don't get to the heart of the matter anymore. I get that to discuss anything we're going to have to deal in comparisons, for the sake of convenience, but how many times can we talk about fucking NAZIS with our borders bust wide open?

    The other thing, which is slightly lost on these sorts of people, is that to the unthinking, mask-wearing normie who has been brainwashed by a lifetime of state education and mass media, the terms "nazi" and "fascist" have absolutely no historical or philosophical meaning beyond being a shorthand for "bad man". Donald Trump was a fascist. My dad was a Nazi when he stopped me from growing magic mushrooms in a Rubbermaid box as a teenager. If you are to the right of the Conservative party here in the UK, you are an extremist, neo-nazi, fascist. Add to this the political climate here in the West where you can have your life potentially ruined and added to a terror watchlist for making your girlfriend's dog sieg-heil on command on YouTube.

    Up in Scotland they just introduced new legislation under the Hate Crime and Public Order Act, where you could lose your career, be financially ruined and potentially do 7 years in prison if found guilty after being investigated for a "non-crime hate incident" - which includes misgendering someone online. The police have set up physical sites for the public to anonymously shop their coworkers, friends or family. Despite the hilarity of one of these locations being next to a sex shop premises in Glasgow, it's serious.

  2. #30152
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South of France
    Posts
    3,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Religious discussions aside, anyone been watching gold hitting record highs almost daily for the past month?
    I've seen some convincing (as far as these explainations go) arguments that this is (also) a consequence of the decision to freeze, and possibly confiscate, the assets of the Russian Central Bank.
    In the sense that other CBs might have decided that parking their assets into assets/jurisdictions that can steal them is not a good policy, and have therefore decided to diversify into gold.

    IPB

  3. #30153
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    There is a fatal flaw in the theory that the "Anglos" or British are in control.
    Has British colonialism and power increased or decreased in the past 200 years?
    If the Brits are in charge, why have they allowed their country to be colonized and conquered?
    The Anglo leaders and financiers do not benefit from an unproductive/unstable Londan-istan state that wants to replace all of them with foreigners.
    Only international financiers who are in a position to loot the country, then flee would benefit from the fall of Britain.
    I would argue that yes, the Anglos can let their cities become unstable while maintaining control, and part of the controlled chaos idea is that this unstable society misdirects the many people who would otherwise challenge their power into many different directions.

    In this context, for me 'Anglo-Saxon' is referring specifically to those in high positions of power, not your general shmoe Anglo Saxon suffering on the streets of Londan-istan. Similarly, when our resident "Nazis" criticize the Jews, I assume they are talking about the ones high up in power, not your everyday Jew working in a bank or low-level position at an NGO (those are just misunderstanding, gullible idealists, just like their Anglo-Saxon counterparts).

    I might be mistaken about which Jews Matt and the other "Nazis" are talking about. But, listen up!

    If our Nazis are speaking of ALL Jews, broad-brush, that doesn't make them evil, racist Nazis. It makes them unproductive and unintelligent, because generalizations are only useful for survival and tribe success when applied as narrowly as possible, otherwise you see danger everywhere and cannot productively interact with anyone and become an anxious recluse whose defensive endorphins are constantly going off and who cannot successfully enter partnerships/ exist within society.

  4. #30154
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    ... patterns our governments should heed when electing and hiring future bureaucrats?
    How about "Less is more"?

  5. #30155
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    I can understand annoyance with Matt a little bit, but not because he's a "nazi". It's because he seems to be caught up in the "nothing-but-doom-and-gloom" mentality I've observed with many in the secular far right. I'm not attributing this to Matt specifically (I can't read his mind), but a lot of these guys think the Jews are in some sense all powerful. They also tend to be very antagonistic towards Christianity (What the hell do they propose people use instead? Nordic paganism? Good luck with that!) Any little positive you point out, they seem to want to take a shit on it. For example, if you say "The Western Jewish mafia is furious with Putin, and I'm interested to see how this plays out", they'll try to convince you that Putin is some sort of crypto Jew (there are pieces of evidence that could support some earlier life affinities, but nothing at all conclusive), and imply that everything is actually unfolding according to some perfect Jewish plan. They ignore all the visible "fruits" of choices and actions, and maintain a depressive faith in a secret all-encompassing and soul-crushing master plan they can't even see. It's kinda like the opposite of the Q crowd's relentless optimism that the "white hats" are going to put Trump's enemies and the anti-American political cabal in prison any minute now. But at least the Q-tards have capacity to hope, even if it is a bit more like a crystal-meth fueled style of hope.

    This sounds corny, but one of the best things you can do is read LotR and pay special attention to the theme of hope (this works better in the books than the movie, although it is still present in the movies). Tolkein absolutely nailed it, and I think it is a very healthy thing to integrate into your psychology. Gandalf was always trying to remind them that despair, not Saruman or Sauron, was their greatest enemy. I mean, their world had an all seeing evil eye, and they still kept faith in their ultimate victory.

    All that said, Jovan's rhetorical attacks are pretty gay. It's all libtarded Clown World psych rhetoric. "Darling"? Really? And everything always has to boil down to sexual frustration. Sure, it's probably effective with a certain crowd, but it's so overly rehashed and predictable. He's attacking him pretty much the exact same way an Antifatard or member of The View would attack him. Come up with something better and more original.

  6. #30156
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Quite the argument.
    It was made fairly obvious by the Founding Fathers that the system of governance they designed, the one with the most respect for an individual's free will (and I do mean a deep understanding that an individual has the freedom to choose regardless of what you do to them, would not survive if the People were not moral, courageous or steadfast enough to maintain it.

    It caused, along with the industrial revolution and other factors like geography, a flourishing never witnessed before, and with that wealth and power came all the good things we have enjoyed, but also an equal share of corruption and the terrible things. So, in a way, Matt is correct. This is exactly what came before, and is what those who established our country knew would come again. Jovan's arguments, though not well developed, also are technically correct.

    It's that any system, any coalescence of wealth and power, is subject to exposure to human nature -- whichever parts we choose.

  7. #30157
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    53,852

    Default

    Gentlemen, the personal shit stops right now, or I start deleting.

  8. #30158
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    All that said, Jovan's rhetorical attacks are pretty gay.
    But stylishly so!

  9. #30159
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    I've seen some convincing (as far as these explainations go) arguments that this is (also) a consequence of the decision to freeze, and possibly confiscate, the assets of the Russian Central Bank.
    In the sense that other CBs might have decided that parking their assets into assets/jurisdictions that can steal them is not a good policy, and have therefore decided to diversify into gold.

    IPB
    Yes, I read it was $300 billion the US confiscated in Russian holdings. Who would buy or hold debt from a country which does that?

  10. #30160
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    664

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Matt is claiming that America is not fascist enough because of liberalism, I'm claiming that it is too fascist because of it.
    Point us to where he said that, making sure not to trip on your own esteemed definitions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •