starting strength gym
Page 306 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2062562963043053063073083163564068061306 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Another fairly interesting interview by UnHerd with Dr Natalie Dean, Assistant Professor of Biostatistics at University of Florida. Even if you don't agree it's useful to sometimes hear the opposing sides support for strict measures in containing COVID19.

YouTube,

These people are all heroes and patriots. This defiance is extremely and urgently needed, especially in CA, MI, IL, PA, NY, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Beneath it all, the both of them are mainly interested in what is good for them primarily, as opposed to the greater good. Which once you understand that, makes them more "honest" than most politicians.
    Precisely. The face of public corruption. That same corruption that has now reached unprecedented levels while he was imprisoned. Projection at it's best.

I don't think things look good for JB and the Madigan mob in the near future. That is unless Papa Madigan kicks off before it all comes to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Little secret: I never closed.
    Rip is my hero

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I find comments here and elsewhere sickening. You can tell me that I am free to read them or not, and that the first amendment prevails. I think you should not write offensive things as I am medically very sensitive.

I think that wearing a mask protects me and protects the sensitive from me.

Which principle is correct?
    I think the whole point, Barry, is “You do you.” If you want to wear a mask and/or other PPE no one here is stopping you.

However, your fear doesn’t also get the unique privilege of interfering in our lives, our businesses, our lifestyles, and our livelihoods.

You may not realize it, but these are the exact same arguments and behaviors we have had about terrorism over the last 20 years.

Remember when Apple wouldn’t unlock the San Diego mass shooters’ phone and the government screamed bloody murder? Remember how 12 oz. of toothpaste will destroy an airplane but four separate 3 oz. tubes is ok? I could go on for days with examples. Absurdities born and rooted in fear never cease. They are often overly harsh and unforgiving and they never go away. I think most people on this board recognize that.

It’s not about the virus. It’s about what you’re willing to give up, without so much as a fight, because you’re scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    For those of you that think that falsified COVID-19 coding has not occurred, the evidence (unlike the bodies) is piling up: New COVID-19 Death Dispute: Colorado Coroner Says State Mischaracterized Death – CBS Denver
    I love when you told forum posters to go out and start killing people because the covid numbers just weren't delivering lol. It gets me everytime, you are man of intellect and influence I won't ever stop supporting you.

Like on a man to man level that is just so funny to me.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I always feel a little embarrassed wearing a mask to stores and such. But I know if I don't they'll throw me out.
    I refuse to shop anywhere that requires a mask. I don't care how much extra effort it requires (I have the extra time now), I will not support business owners that I view as spineless in the face of these dire circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I think this is the Occam's razor here. A very large majority have no clue about our economy, let alone the complexity of the world economy. To them, economy is only "I buy, I sell."

The most vocal of the supporters of restrictions are motivated by (IMO based on living in a hot bed of new wave "liberalism") the following in order:

1- Free money for no work (i.e. one big giant paid vacation they deserve because life has been hard.)
    2- A devastating economy looks bad and negatively impacts Trump's chances at re-election. Its worth it to endure the bad economy for this (see #1.)
    3- People may get sick and its the right thing to do (this is a very distant third.)

Like you said, this is no longer about the virus and hasn't been for quite some time.
    Those have been my observations as well. The people who support because of reason #1 seem to mostly think that things will soon go back to normal in the blink of an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Which is great, but it doesn’t mean anything if they don’t know it. Not that I’m suggesting you should want to put your head above the parapet, to do so is to invite all kinds of hell that most of us would run a thousand miles to avoid, but you aren’t really making a statement unless it’s done as a direct challenge. It was the look on your face during that interview which looked like you might do something to get justice for the SS gyms that are likely now out of business.
    I opine that those who have stayed open or re-opened did not do so "to make a statement."

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Precisely. The face of public corruption. That same corruption that has now reached unprecedented levels while he was imprisoned. Projection at it's best.

I don't think things look good for JB and the Madigan mob in the near future. That is unless Papa Madigan kicks off before it all comes to pass.
    The Fed's investigation has already taken several very public scalps and one that is merely speculated about here in Illinois. Madigan's stepdaughter, Lisa, was on the fast track to the US Senate. She was the Illinois Attorney General and then just simply dropped out of the political sphere in the last election cycle with the common wisdom that Dick Durbin, one of our current Senators was going to retire. Durbin is still there, weasel that he is.

Many believe that as State's Attorney she could see the US Attorneys and the FBI getting close to some of the lower ranking members in the Chicago dem machine crime syndicate who have since been popped. So the speculation goes that she wanted to keep clear of the falling cluster bomblets and returned to private law practice.

Daddy Madigan has that lean toxic Irish look about him that typically means he has a lot of years in front of him above the ground.

But all this will be moot if Trump is not re-elected. Bidet will make this disappear like the morning fog off Navy Pier in the sunrise over Lake Michigan.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewG View Post
    Another fairly interesting interview by UnHerd with Dr Natalie Dean, Assistant Professor of Biostatistics at University of Florida. Even if you don't agree it's useful to sometimes hear the opposing sides support for strict measures in containing COVID19.

YouTube,
    She is scary. Not because she is right, but because she is a true believer. All in on contact tracing and MORE TESTING.

More testing does not "drive things down" as she states, but very much keeps folks in jobs and, more importantly,in front of the camera. A great deal of incentive to get more numbers.

sb