starting strength gym
Page 309 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2092592993073083093103113193594098091309 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    I mentioned it a while ago, but I'd really recommend checking out thelastpsychiatrist.com and reading through his analyses on what's going on behind the scenes in the news if you haven't. He stopped updating years ago.
    When you make behaviors a disease, individuals lose and systems win—this is always true. Systems benefit in still being able to call something "shameful" without needing to take any responsibility for its creation. The point is to reveal that any individual's suffering is secretly nurtured to maintain the integrity of the larger system. You're expendable. Eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Sickening. Human scum. Rip’s podcast this week was spot-on. His rage is shared by millions. I hope those millions can be as brave as him and a few others are in standing up to this flagrant abuse. It boils down to bullying, plain and simple. And it must be stood up to.

Everything must be on table as Illinois, Chicago fight back from financial devastation - Chicago Sun-Times

Hmmm. Maybe you should have let those barbers and salon owners cut hair?

Maybe you shouldn't have divided the workforce between "essential and non-essential"

YouTube

I think it's hilarious that these dumb asses think they can just tell everyone to stay home, choking off sales tax and wage tax and increasing unemployment spending, and then when they start running low on money and the federal government doesn't want to bail them out, they act surprised.

What I don't think is funny though: The thousands and thousands of average joe state employees that will be affected by this. They didn't create the corruption, or the bloated government with huge overhead, they're average people with bills to pay.

It's blatantly obvious that they could have allowed businesses to open WEEKS ago (Or never close at all, that's just hindsight though).

But instead they dig their heals in the dirt and didn't budge, expecting daddy (the feds) to bail them out.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    Wrap your mask in tinfoil, wear a tin foil hat, only talk to the cashiers in beeps and clicks. If the stores are going to make people wear masks, at least have a little fun with it.
    I was actually thinking of wearing straight up halloween costumes with masks. I proposed dressing up like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, a guy I used to know actually took the idea and ran with it. He's pro-lockdown but kudos to him for making my idea come to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I refuse to shop anywhere that requires a mask. I don't care how much extra effort it requires (I have the extra time now), I will not support business owners that I view as spineless in the face of these dire circumstances.
    That would leave me unable to shop period, here in New York. I think it's a local order and all the stores are complying.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoDeFranc View Post
    Curious if there's a good story that served as the learning lesson?
    Not one in particular, just decades of observing what they do to interviews, knowing their overwhelming bias, and seeing no effort whatsoever to issue corrections when they are wrong. They just move on to the next misconstruction on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Speaking of the privacy podcast from last week, I thought you all might find this interesting: Senate votes to allow FBI access to your browsing history without a warrant.
    Yes. The Republican-controlled Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea Frazier View Post
    "We also demonstrated the efficacy of surgical masks to reduce coronavirus detection and viral copies in large respiratory droplets and in aerosols (Table 1b). This has important implications for control of COVID-19, suggesting that surgical face masks could be used by ill people to reduce onward transmission."

Respiratory virus shedding in exhaled breath and efficacy of face masks | Nature Medicine

There's actually a decent amount out there. Both of those were readily available through Google. Just curious, but why are you intent on finding research that say masks don't work instead of looking for research on the topic and drawing your own conclusions based on the findings presented?
    Because the virus isn't the point. It doesn't kill enough people to be the point. Fear of it is the tool by which your behavior is to be controlled. And your behavior is well-controlled. Congratulations, you're being a Good Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Now, we have to sanitize pool equipment, hand rails, gates, you name it... after every use. Well, maybe, but maybe just once a day. But you SHOULD do it after every use. Doesn't matter if it's smooth, white plastic bathed in UV radiation, 90% humidity and 85* temps for 14 hours a day. Safety is important. Not important enough for the state to help pay for their requirements or to enforce them, but damned important, guys.

That's not why we're remaining closed, though. We're remaining closed because EVERY insurance company has clauses in their policies to ensure that, should the association be sued for SARS-COV-2 related disease or death, we won't be covered. The state won't help. We'll be scrutinized for every single "recommendation" that we did not adhere to. Whether the legal costs for defense or a judgement against us, the special assessments to our members will enormous and STILL instantly bankrupt the association into the foreseeable future and decimate home values before the first day in court.
    I hope everybody realizes that if this is the new standard insurance company approach to the new standard legal approach to getting sick, every insured structure in the US has to close. If I get sick at Walmart -- I just KNOW it was Walmart, 'cause I really haven't been anywhere else because of Shelter In Place, I'm unemployed now, etc. -- I guess I can sue Walmart. Right? What do you want to bet that this new legal theory gets shot down very quickly after this first suit against Walmart?

Finally, a little humor to brighten up our day. Goddamn, what can you say?

What I don't think is funny though: The thousands and thousands of average joe state employees that will be affected by this. They didn't create the corruption, or the bloated government with huge overhead, they're average people with bills to pay.
    They didn't create the corruption, true. But they benefited from it. I'm sorry to say that, but depending on their jobs, it's true for many of them. However, it is not helpful to put a huge percentage of your population out of work, even if they are non-value-added employees. It's the sickening bags of shit at the top -- Lightfoot and Pritzker and their fellow criminals -- who should be exterminated like the vermin they are. Someone needs to develop a spray for aerial application.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    That would leave me unable to shop period, here in New York. I think it's a local order and all the stores are complying.
    Hot Investment Tip: UHaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I didn't stay open to make a statement. Had I intended to do that, I would have made a statement about it, which I didn't. I just stayed open, because it's not their business to close, and they can all go get fucked. The last thing I would ever do is go to the media with anything -- I learned about that a long time ago.
    Yes, that is exactly my point. I took exception to the other poster suggesting you [and others] make it known you’re open. I don’t see that as necessary. I think being open and doing business is the “win.”

I hope everybody realizes that if this is the new standard insurance company approach to the new standard legal approach to getting sick, every insured structure in the US has to close. If I get sick at Walmart -- I just KNOW it was Walmart, 'cause I really haven't been anywhere else because of Shelter In Place, I'm unemployed now, etc. -- I guess I can sue Walmart. Right? What do you want to bet that this new legal theory gets shot down very quickly after this first suit against Walmart?
    Either that or we will have birthed "COVID Insurance" like doctors have malpractice insurance, and it will be as absurdly expensive. And small businesses and HOAs won't be able to afford it, but large business and government will be more than happy to take over.

Because the virus isn't the point. It doesn't kill enough people to be the point. Fear of it is the tool by which your behavior is to be controlled. And your behavior is well-controlled. Congratulations, you're being a Good Boy.
    I already explained why I choose to wear a mask while out and about, Rip. Pretty sure that was about 100 pages ago. Do you really want me to go over it again for you? I'd be more than happy to do so.

The purpose of my post was to provide mpalios with the information they requested.

Glad to finally hear the public voices of a few anti-lockdown protestors in the UK

YouTube

Even the highly respected BBC historian, David Starkey rightfully labels the handling of this episode in history as both an 'over reaction' and 'economic suicide'. This whole fiasco was all about protecting 'institutions' and nothing to do with 'saving lives'.

YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Yes, that is exactly my point. I took exception to the other poster suggesting you [and others] make it known you’re open. I don’t see that as necessary. I think being open and doing business is the “win.”
    As did I. Albeit my objections were based on other reasons.