starting strength gym
Page 313 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2132633033113123133143153233634138131313 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    I've always wondered about this--is there a way medical workers can identify the citizenship status of patients in California? Or at least is there some tell-tale proxy (aside from assuming everyone on public health care is not a citizen)?

They used to get "emergency MediCal" because they did not qualify for MediCal so that's how we knew. They received government assistance from state run programs that differed from those that citizens enrolled in. They would almost always disclose it to the social workers too, whom would then enter it into the medical record. It wasn't something that was necessarily hidden.

Also, FWIW, as a native Angelino (Ray may back me up this), those carpetbaggers who are infesting the great state of Arizona, are almost certainly not native to California. They probably moved here from New York or some other shithole state 20-30 years ago and think that having been a stain upon the Golden State's reputation for a quarter century means they get to call themselves Californians. I'm basing this assumption on the fact that while I love Arizona, and parts of the natural landscape are very beautiful, the Phoenix metro area is ugly af and also so incredibly boooooooring. Only someone that moved to California from a place as boring as Arizona (presumably because they were looking for better weather than they had in the midwest or New England) would move from California to Arizona.
    That is accurate. I grew up in the west and southwest suburbs of Chicago and spent 8 years in west central Illinois for college. I moved to Los Angeles after college and lived in downtown Hollywood. In short, I experienced suburban, rural, and urban living in my lifetime.

Arizona has similarities to Illinois with better weather and even has many Illinois natives who exiled for the same reasons that I did. I loved the natural landscape of California and the weather far more than Arizona but the politics and large central government are what primarily drove me away. The story I told above was one of many. From what I hear, it was a very different place 30 years ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Does the Chinese Communist Party have a broadcast arm that is as loyal to their cause as NPR?

And here is the cop from Seattle, Greg Anderson, about his video last week: YouTube They are going to fire him, of course.
    I don't know if this was already posted but
    I am pretty sure this is the original video of the hero Greg Anderson YouTube

Here is some important background information: The 2006 Origins of the Lockdown Idea – AIER
    I read this, and found it very likely via the same source as you did. It made me ill, as well as made my blood boil.

Then, I started thinking. Maybe there's some reading 'selection bias' that I've got. I only want to read what I agree with. So, I'll see if I can find any scientific facts that dispute this article.

Lastly, It would be an unreal piece of irony that the president most liberals abhor is the one they need to thank for social distancing......

Google search...Fact-check: Is there a scientific basis for coronavirus social distancing? - News - Austin American-Statesman - Austin, TX

That settles that...I guess. I'm going to assume, W's task force put stock into the Spanish Flu + the New Mexico student's program (as the article Rip cites says). And let's hope that the decision-makers tweaked and prodded that 16yo girl's program and fine-tuned it....right?

Well, if the Austin American Statesman has decided that Laura Ingraham is lying, then we certainly need to destroy the economy of the US and the world to prevent deaths.

Good news from, of all places, New Jersey: https://twitter.com/PeteHegseth/stat...93521006415876

https://twitter.com/TheAtilisGym/sta...03490929876993

Ian Smith on Instagram: “Please listen, share, and reach out with questions and comments. We love you all. @atilisgymbellmawr @fox29philly @thomas.draytonfox29…”

A Dictatorship by Consent | Starting Strength Radio Extra

Boris Johnson is reported to have said: "It turns out that taking people's freedom away is a whole lot easier than giving it back." I hope that's a good report, because that's a helluva statement.

Today's NYC data: COVID-19: Data - NYC Health

And this gets its own post. Terribly important: Nursing Homes & Assisted Living Facilities Account for 40% of COVID-19 Deaths

Look at these graphics, while you can:

https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*A..._IPp_f3msg.png

https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*f...nABXIlwpRw.png

https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*C...fA2fa-hpCQ.png

I say "while you can" because the Wittkowski video, among others, has been censored by Youtube, and we see which way this is going.

And this gets its own post. Terribly important: Nursing Homes & Assisted Living Facilities Account for 40% of COVID-19 Deaths

Look at these graphics, while you can:

https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*A..._IPp_f3msg.png

https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*f...nABXIlwpRw.png

https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*C...fA2fa-hpCQ.png

I say "while you can" because the Wittkowski video, among others, has been censored by Youtube, and we see which way this is going.
    So, essentially the same data that was always available. Provided it wasn't subject to The Models (Hallowed be thy Numbers).

Only one side gets to have experts. Everyone else is an idiot.

According to National Lampoon back in the 70s: "Experts know what's best for us."

There are not now, nor have never been, any language requirements for becoming a citizen of the United States. This is precisely what separated the United States from the very cliquickish, ethnically based nation-states of Europe in the late 18th century.
    I do not know when it was officially implemented or timeline of requirements, but it is a current requirement that immigrants be proficient in English to become citizens: [USC02] 8 USC 1423: Requirements as to understanding the English language, history, principles and form of government of the United States

I view a common language as fundamental for a cohesive nation. Secondary languages are great, but there must be a mutually understood language.

I've always wondered about this--is there a way medical workers can identify the citizenship status of patients in California? Or at least is there some tell-tale proxy (aside from assuming everyone on public health care is not a citizen)?

I see what you're saying but its dangerous to assume that merely because someone is speaking Spanish in public, they are not US citizens. I frequently speak Spanish in public, with a wide variety of native Spanish-speakers, and you might be surprised how many of them are, actually, legit US citizens will green cards who can vote and everything. There are not now, nor have never been, any language requirements for becoming a citizen of the United States. This is precisely what separated the United States from the very cliquickish, ethnically based nation-states of Europe in the late 18th century.
    I understand the concerns and sensitivities to this issue, but the system is being severely abused to the detriment of many who pay into the system.

I also recognize that my first statement was hyperbolic; At some hospitals or clinics and in some geographic areas of the U.S., you may not see this problem much, if at all.

The proxy consists of:
    Do they require an interpreter?
    Do they not even attempt to speak basic English words or phrases?
    How do they look or act? (Yes, stereotyping often works as a general tool, even if it often fails in specific circumstances. ) Ex: it is not at all difficult for an Idaho citizen to spot a proud New Yorker.
    Did you process paperwork with fraudulent information, like a missing or false social security number?
    Was typical paperwork missing, misplaced or not required for inexplicable reasons?
    Were you directed to process payments, fees or billing in an unusual way?

I do not doubt that group includes some "citizens" who were granted citizenship in contradiction with immigration law requirements.

That brings us to the next question: Is citizenship legitimate if the law was wilfully violated to obtain it? This includes the children of beneficiaries of Reagan's amnesty and the children of illegal aliens. Reagan's amnesty granted resident status, but not citizenship.
    S.1200 - 99th Congress (1985-1986): Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

It would violate all legal precedent and sense of fairness or justice to allow children to benefit from the crimes of their parents. Are they actually citizens? Or are they just permanent residents who are usurping the power of the vote?

Not all Roman residents were Roman citizens until just before the beginning of the collapse.

starting strength coach development program
    Here's a cute video of Alan Dershowitz reminding you that "You have no right not to be vaccinated":
    YouTube