starting strength gym
Page 317 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2172673073153163173183193273674178171317 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What an odd guy. Hard to figure him out. Sometimes he makes perfect sense, and here he's lost his mind. By this construction, the government could make being fat illegal.
    They couldn't do that, because "fat shaming" is bigoted, misogynistic and racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I believe there exists an alternative timeline where forcing your kids to wear masks while riding bikes in a small mtn town on a beautiful sunny day...will earn you a visit from Child Protection Services and the Health Department. At least they would be honoring their agency names
    How about a concurrent timeline? Why limit police-state powers to enforcing one or the other?

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    You can try to connect with fellow business leaders, but my experience so far has been that most people are all talk and no show. My gym happily flew a Don't Tread On Me flag, but they were fine with it when the governor actually tread on them.
    I thought we might see more people doing what is right as the evidence became clear. Instead, the opposite has happened. Propaganda works. Police intimidate and threaten. Truth is irrelevant.

MoveOn.org (The leftist machine "expert modeller" Neil Ferguson was in bed with) has its tentacles everywhere this time. They have local organizations in every state and western country I have looked at. They are named differently in each geographic region, but they are all the same beast. They do state their affiliations in their information pages. I have been seeing a very large effort from them: targeted intimidation of business owners, individuals and government officials who refuse to comply.

In the end, people may need to feel more pain before they realize they cannot feign compliance or virtue-signal their way out of this. My gym is still alive and virtue-signalling, but I will not train there. They will be out of business unless they are able to successfully renegotiate their prior financial commitments.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Irrelevant! What an incredibly silly, emotional and passive-aggressive response. You argue like you have a very feminized and conformist psychology.
    We can talk about the destruction of Western civilization, demography and facts and figures in a different thread, if you want? The UK census is coming out in 2021. There's a lot to delve into.
    Shiva doesn't care about the truth. He just wants to push an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    According to the gym owner, the guy was arrested for not giving the cop/scum his name. I couldn't hear from the video I saw. Apparently they cited another gym member as he walked out.
    The plot thickens in Washington State:
    Washington state attorney general sues 2 gyms that remain open despite coronavirus stay-home order | The Seattle Times

I am finding it hard to hold onto hope that rationality will eventually win out and we'll see all this for what it is/has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    believe will wimpishly gain you the support of the group by virtue signalling?
    Support of THIS group? It is to laugh.

Shiva has toned it down a bit and has been helpful of late. May I propose we attempt reconciliation, or are we offering no quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Washington state attorney general sues 2 gyms that remain open despite coronavirus stay-home order | The Seattle Times

I am finding it hard to hold onto hope that rationality will eventually win out and we'll see all this for what it is/has become.
    Unfair to your competitors? Surely he doesn't mean the globo gyms that are in bed with the governments?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Unfair to your competitors? Surely he doesn't mean the globo gyms that are in bed with the governments?
    Yeah that made me laugh. Its so obviously just a creative way to punish these businesses, like they are doing everywhere, since they are hesitant about throwing people in jail now.

But I'll sleep well tonite knowing that we are all in this together. I know this because I saw a commercial saying so.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaWhicker View Post
    Shiva has toned it down a bit and has been helpful of late. May I propose we attempt reconciliation, or are we offering no quarter?
    I’ll second that motion. Not sure why the hate towards him is so strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    No. The virus is carried on much larger droplets.
    Like how humans travel in vehicles larger than them? And how humans who crash head first in these vehicles without a seatbelt go flying through the windshield? Which one of us is misunderstanding velocity? After all, a sneeze only travels at 100 mph.

Here's a small but useful study done on sars-cov-2 and face masks. I'm surprised this wasn't posted here yet.

"Of note, we found greater contamination on the outer than the inner mask surfaces."

ACP Journals

A 69 year old man in my community was cited yesterday. He has a pool/hot tub store with two locations. One of them was open and had customers in it. I’ve been in that store; it’s tiny. It couldn’t have had more than two customers in it. Probably just wanted to get their pool water tested and pick up some chemicals now that the weather is warming up.

Back to the gym that opened up here in NJ. They cited five guys for working out plus the two owners. There are not enough four letter words in my vocabulary to describe the piece of shit, jack-booted thugs who call themselves Bellmawr PD.

I keep seeing polls that say Herr Murphy has an approval rating of some 75% when it comes to his handling of the virus. That deeply depresses me, but on the other hand I don’t know a single person that actually approves of his handling of the situation. So I’m holding out hope that the polls are bullshit.

Or maybe I’m just naive and we’ve crossed the Rubicon.

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah that made me laugh. Its so obviously just a creative way to punish these businesses, like they are doing everywhere, since they are hesitant about throwing people in jail now.

But I'll sleep well tonite knowing that we are all in this together. I know this because I saw a commercial saying so.
    #alonetogether

An AdCouncil PSA.

I’ve been impressed with how fast TV commercial content shifted to this mind control. Like, within a week, or days. Incredibly “dynamic” content that turned in a dime. And yet there is the inclination to take this ephemeral material as a fact of nature, as I’ve commented earlier. It is clearly, indisputably, mind control. What’s worse, it is self-imposed. Supposedly free agencies create this material.

I will never forget this. Nor will I let my (young adult) children forget.