starting strength gym
Page 342 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 2422923323403413423433443523924428421342 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Wait. Are you telling me that you need permission to paint the inside of your apartment in NY?
    no. sorry...was saying that everything is a huge, expensive pain in the ass here.

Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    How silly. The virus is going to infect 60%-70% of the population before it slows down. You really think it cares what party the leaders belong to? Give it time, and you'll wish you hadn't typed such foolishness.
    If you are one of these people who are this scared of death you need to start doing something about it. Go to church or synagogue or something. Read some ancient philosophers. Check out Marcus Aurelius for starters. This is probably the first time you've really had to contemplate your own mortality, but it won't be the last.

Am I the only one who didn't want to shut down the economy when it was still reasonably plausible for 250,000+ people to die before April was over? Am I the only one who chuckles grimly at the hubris that modern man believes that we can, because of our current medical advances, stop something as prevalent and old as a virus from running its course? It's as ludicrous as the plot in one of those Sci-Fi shows or movies where humanity has a chance fighting against aliens advanced enough to come to us. At least in those movies, everyone presumably not in the major cities where the aliens land gets to go to work.

I have never been more convinced that these elite Marxists are going to propel us to a truly abysmal outcome beyond just a virus than I am now. It's very, very hard not to hate them for it. If they were dogs, you'd assume they have rabies.

, but I like Rip's idea of automatically voting against the incumbent. That way I'm at least keeping the rats on their toes instead of throwing away my vote.

I don't think that's a good idea this presidential election tho!

Hmmmm Sweden? Did someone mention they were doing a good job?

Total confirmed COVID-19 deaths per million people - Our World in Data

If the semi-shutdowns have been so devastating to our economy, how come all those people have all that money to throw around at pool parties, resorts, restaurants, and other luxuries?
    This is the most stunningly stupid comment I have ever read... I kind of miss Bruno at this point. Are you honestly doubting the real economic hardships that millions of people are going through? Are you also doubting the rising suicide rate as a result of the shutdown? In my town (not far from the epicenter of the pandemic in NYC) we have seen less than 10 cases (not deaths... CASES), I don't know anyone who has it, much less died from it. I do, however, know a man in my town who lost his business, and while on the verge of losing everything just this past Friday, the police had to come out and talk him down while he stood in his front yard with a gun to his fucking head.

You're a fool. All of the "experts" and people like you who called for this fucking nightmare of a lockdown have devastated the economy of this nation and the world for years to come. Many more people are going to die from the consequences of the lockdown than would have died from this fucking virus... As you say, just give it time and you'll see.

Answer the question. How is it possible that the first thing these "devastated" people do with their meager funds is to spend it on luxuries like pool parties at bars, restaurants, and resorts? Who's been telling the truth and who hasn't?

Well, at least for those throwing their money around at bar pool parties, the semi-shutdowns cannot have been as devastating as they've been whining about for weeks, can it?

A little science lesson: The "death rate" is dependent on several variables: available medical care, quality of care, and personal factors. So far, COVID has been about ten times as lethal as influenza, if you control as much as possible for those variables. If Dr. Osterholm at Minnesota is correct, which he is, if essentially no efforts at mitigation were done, about 3 million Americans would die from COVID by the time even minimal herd immunity were achieved. About 27 million Soviets died in WWII, so I guess all disasters are relative, aren't they?

Farmers are throwing out tons of dairy, meat, and produce because they can't get a price, and the gov't still gives them subsidies to cover their losses in the failed trade war. There is more than enough food for everyone to eat well until there is a plan for safe re-opening. Same for every possible need Americans have. Just look at the wasteful pool parties, restaurant feasts, and resort gatherings, all of which will spread the virus more quickly, and you can see that those hacking about the partial shutdowns are the most selfish, weak bunch of whiners in U.S. history.

And wearing a mask is simply a way of showing respect for others. Even the Republican governor of North Dakota said to stop the "senseless culture war." Obviously, you can spread the virus even if you don't have symptoms, and the person you spread it to may have a child at home who's a cancer patient, or an elderly grandparent. Not wearing a mask is a self-indulgent act, meant to show some twisted idea that you'll not be told what do. As if driving according to the rules were somehow a virtue, or smoking in a hospital, or one of a thousand things a citizen who shares the country with others has to do because even if you don't care about others, you have no right to hurt them unnecessarily.

The information from the Journal of the American Medical Association, not any media source, concludes as follows: "Although officials may say that SARS-CoV-2 is “just another flu,” this is not true." Here is the link: Assessment of Deaths From COVID-19 and From Seasonal Influenza | Geriatrics | JAMA Internal Medicine | JAMA Network. In simple terms, influenza deaths are reported as estimates, generally 6 times higher than actual deaths, and COVID-19 deaths are actual deaths. The simplest controlled environment for calculation was the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship. Adjusting for all of the statistical issues the ship had "a case fatality rate of 0.5% ... still 5 times the commonly cited case fatality rate of adult seasonal influenza." Now that I've answered your question about death rates multiple times, do you still encourage running into machine gun fire with no plan and no equipment? Sure, the bullets don't kill every soldier, some are just wounded, some not so badly, some aren't hit at all. But what kind of leader orders a suicide mission when it's not close to necessary?
    I know, I said I was going to delete this shit, but you guys seem to be enjoying it. This was six posts, btw. There are some gems in here, I'll have to admit, like how he knows what farmers do. Bruno was an Intellectual Collosus in contrast. More importantly, this is what the general public has been taught to think, and it's going to be a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    Hmmmm Sweden? Did someone mention they were doing a good job?

Total confirmed COVID-19 deaths per million people - Our World in Data
    There are 4 countries on this chart, and some vertical exaggeration. Who are you, Ancel Keyes? Sorry, that was unnecessary.

How Fear, Groupthink Drove Unnecessary Global Lockdowns | RealClearPolitics

Not to be outdone, Uppsala University (the oldest university in Sweden) also presented a model that could have caused the Swedes to abandon course and lock down as the U.K. did. However, Sweden did not buckle. While the Uppsala University model predicted 90,000 deaths within a month, the actual result was around 3,500.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Wasn't The Gretch also depositing COVID-19 patients in nursing homes? "How The Gretch Stole Grandpa."
    Absolutely! And she only made changes to her order last week.

She also acknowledged in an interview to be aired tonight that "...the worst nights sleep that I've gotten in the last 10 weeks is when he[Trump] has attacked me on Twitter,..." Clearly, her priorities are out of whack. And while she's dueling with Trump and the legislature, MI is 2nd worse on a recent unemployment list with 22% unemployment and 4th in deaths. Yet she has 3 court victories so far in suits challenging her EOs (currently on appeal). Hopefully, the state supreme court will find in favor of the people, common sense and the Bill of Rights.

From her statements though I have no doubt she will keep stringing this along week by week to do her part to make sure MI is blue in Nov results. It's no longer about bending the curve but keeping safe, not using the PPE now on hand, etc, etc. In a stroke of evil genius she did 'open up' the golf courses and Up North which placated a huge chunk of the population.

Unfortunately, the gov election cycle in MI does not follow the national cycle. She's not up for reelection until 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    If you are one of these people who are this scared of death you need to start doing something about it. Go to church or synagogue or something. Read some ancient philosophers. Check out Marcus Aurelius for starters. This is probably the first time you've really had to contemplate your own mortality, but it won't be the last.
    Seppuku is the answer. With a dull tanto.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't want to shut down the economy when it was still reasonably plausible for 250,000+ people to die before April was over? Am I the only one who chuckles grimly at the hubris that modern man believes that we can, because of our current medical advances, stop something as prevalent and old as a virus from running its course? It's as ludicrous as the plot in one of those Sci-Fi shows or movies where humanity has a chance fighting against aliens advanced enough to come to us. At least in those movies, everyone presumably not in the major cities where the aliens land gets to go to work.

I have never been more convinced that these elite Marxists are going to propel us to a truly abysmal outcome beyond just a virus than I am now. It's very, very hard not to hate them for it. If they were dogs, you'd assume they have rabies.
    Sub in a few words and phrases here or there and hey presto! You have the greenies and the whole climate change scaremongering.

starting strength coach development program
    Here's an excellent example of Darrow behavior:

Great Clips customer who was possibly exposed to COVID-19 speaks out

And an excellent example of precisely why all these elected pieces of shit need to be replaced, even if they are replaced by other pieces of shit:

Some inmates released due to COVID-19 went on to allegedly commit crimes including murder | Just The News

And this is just amazing: Access Denied

The Governor of Arkansas has a child's grasp of this situation. No mention of the number of cases, the number of new tests, no recognition of the fact that kids don't get sick from this, no details about who the kids got sick, if anybody. Just more "BE AFRAID!!!" bullshit that further attempts to justify the government's actions both previously and anything they decide to do going forward. And the "Journalist" asks none of these questions either. They are merely stenographers.