COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 346

starting strength gym
Page 346 of 480 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 4794

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #3451
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    • texas starting strength seminar september 2020
    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    My belief is that the American experiment ended in the years leading up to the Civil War. Everything since has been New America to some degree or another. Failure to abolish slavery may have been the fatal mistake of the Founding Fathers.
    Not interested in derailing this thread, but it is a rather informative venture to read some actual Civil War historians who use actual references to crazy stuff like laws, quotes, and the newspapers of the day (both in the US and elsewhere). Not saying that you haven't personally, but i have to admit that pretty much everything I was taught about Lincoln and the Civil War was complete bullshit. It was entirely about Federal Government overreach in general and Lincoln's tyranny specifically. That it had anything to do with ending southern (or northern) slavery is simply a mythology.

    But I am sure that the entirety of "unpleasant" documents will soon disappear if the Leftist have their way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Did he suggest that I’m responsible for my own safety? This is an interesting concept, but I’m sure it’ll never work in the real world.
    Don't fall for the everyman shtick.

    Everyone knows that Mike Rowe just wants old people to die.

  2. #3452
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I made the point. I'm not moving the goal posts. I'm clarifying my ENTIRELY RHETORICAL musings from earlier because you seem to be fully on the trend curve for assholes from NYC. ((HURR DURR CAMO HATS.)) Someone else said autists. Fucking on point, that...

    But it's fine. Don't answer the questions. ((I know they were periods, but the questions where implied through rhetoric. I'll try to provide notes. Not because you need them, PER SE, but because you'll fucking act like you do.)) Also, that you don't understand shutting down the economy is intrinsically linked to everything everyone's done about this virus ((we both know you do, but YOU'LL FUCKING ACT LIKE YOU DON'T)), well, enjoy New York while you can. Maybe you'll get to vote for de Blasio and Cuomo one more time. ((You all deserve it, really, so stay strong through this... hashtag SeparateButTogether or some DUMB shit))

    The longer I live around urban, erudite Leftism is another day I can't get home to the hills fast enough. It's not that I disagree with your politics or that I can't tolerate differing viewpoints. It's that you're so damn insufferable to deal with -- mostly the fucking hubris. ((You guys are ASSHOLES, and the only reason you get away with shit is because you live in the most advanced and free society humanity has ever created a thousand miles away from true suffering and poverty.))
    You seem really angry. Im not exactly following you, so Im just gonna back up slowly.

  3. #3453
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Ex-Israel Health Ministry chief: 'You're not more at risk of dying of coronavirus than the flu'
    Former Health Ministry Director blasts coronavirus lockdown and 'hysterical' reaction to pandemic. 'In some ways, the flu is even worse.'

    Ex-Health Ministry chief: 'You're not more at risk of dying of coronavirus than the flu' - Technology & Health - Israel National News

  4. #3454
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    186

    Default

    47% seroprevalence in 11,000+ urgent-care patients in Brooklyn. Also, correlation between antibodies and rate-of-perceived-COVID19.

  5. #3455
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Well said, Nock & David A Rowe. I'm an expert in the leftist mindset because I'm surrounded by it. You nailed it.

    Recent interactions in my personal life increasingly evoke a flashback to a couple of scenes from "The Lost City". It is a movie about the Cuban Revolution. At an upper class social gathering, friends are debating philosophy and politics...very much as we are doing here. In a later scene, one side of that debate find themselves in cages while the other side is outside the cages...perhaps trying to free them...perhaps not. We're not really sure.

    If allowed, these people will put us in cages. In fact, they already have. The cage is your house.

    It's been 15 years, so I'll have to watch the movie again tonight to see if my flashback is accurate.

  6. #3456
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    42,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by damnbandit View Post
    At this point I'm more disgusted with the response from the general public than the top-down tyranny from state and local officials.
    Yeah. You know what the government is going to do -- that's baked into the cake. But it's really hard to watch the people of The Land Of The Free And The Home Of The Brave act like a bunch of squirming invertebrates because somebody might get sick. The worst part for me.

    And this is good: Ex-Health Ministry chief: 'You're not more at risk of dying of coronavirus than the flu' - Technology & Health - Israel National News

    “The coronavirus and the flu are roughly in the same level in terms of risk factor, and in some ways the flu is more dangerous, since it also threatens young people and can kill children, too, while the coronavirus affects a smaller number of people, all of them around the age of 80 or 90, and so in that sense it is better than the flu.”

    "About 1,000 people die [in Israel] every winter from complications from the flu," noted Dr. Lass, while the coronavirus has killed 281 people in Israel.

    “The population as a whole ‘pays’ in human life in order to live normal lives,” continued Dr. Lass. “Otherwise we’d stop flying on planes, since they can crash. We’d start walking to work since there are traffic accidents.”
    This is the SCIENCE. Believe The SCIENCE. Do not question the SCIENCE.

    And in the interest of completeness: Swedish Foreign Minister Defends COVID-19 Response | Voice of America - English

  7. #3457
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    47% seroprevalence in 11,000+ urgent-care patients in Brooklyn. Also, correlation between antibodies and rate-of-perceived-COVID19.
    Shiva, can you clarify on the rate of perceived?

    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    You seem really angry. Im not exactly following you, so Im just gonna back up slowly.
    You're right. I'm angry. I'm furious, in fact, that people like you can be so fucking oblivious. Your lack of self awareness would be fatal if you didn't live in the here and now that you do. And everyone else has to fucking let you vote because that's how rights work. Jesus, man, you couldn't even keep shit straight for who's who on a moderated board where the names are at the top of every post.

    The tyranny of free society is I have to put up with your bullshit.

  8. #3458
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Not interested in derailing this thread, but it is a rather informative venture to read some actual Civil War historians who use actual references to crazy stuff like laws, quotes, and the newspapers of the day (both in the US and elsewhere). Not saying that you haven't personally, but i have to admit that pretty much everything I was taught about Lincoln and the Civil War was complete bullshit. It was entirely about Federal Government overreach in general and Lincoln's tyranny specifically. That it had anything to do with ending southern (or northern) slavery is simply a mythology.

    But I am sure that the entirety of "unpleasant" documents will soon disappear if the Leftist have their way.
    I won't derail the thread anymore either except to say "yep". Slavery was a significant motivator for conflict, but not the ultimate cause.

  9. #3459
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    RS WY
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Im having a hard time determining if this is satire:

    The Oxford University mission to find a vaccine for the COVID-19 virus is in a race against the virus disappearing, and against time, Adam Hill, director at Oxford University's Jenner Institute, said this weekend.

    Hill told The Telegraph newspaper that the number of people in the UK with the virus was falling at a rate that meant it might not be possible to effectively test the experimental vaccine known as ChAdOx1 nCoV-19.

    Coronavirus: Oxford scientists warn about vaccine trial success - Business Insider

  10. #3460
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    465

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Shiva, can you clarify on the rate of perceived?



    You're right. I'm angry. I'm furious, in fact, that people like you can be so fucking oblivious. Your lack of self awareness would be fatal if you didn't live in the here and now that you do. And everyone else has to fucking let you vote because that's how rights work. Jesus, man, you couldn't even keep shit straight for who's who on a moderated board where the names are at the top of every post.

    The tyranny of free society is I have to put up with your bullshit.
    ah cool. here is your quote:

    "Am I the only one who chuckles grimly at the hubris that modern man believes that we can, because of our current medical advances, stop something as prevalent and old as a virus from running its course?"

    And here is mine:
    "We've stopped plenty of viruses. Other than the kids of Anti-Vaxers, every American child is vaccinated against the many viruses, including: Polio, Hepatitus A&B, HPV, Measles, Mumps, Rubella. In fact, it was due to the vaccines that we largely stopped these terrible diseases. Check out Jonas Salk, some time."

    you said "a virus," I responded that we've stopped several. I apologize if I misread you.

    Again, your anger confuses me. If you want to restate your post, I'm totally cool with that. I was responding to the words I read. If you wanna say its hubris to stop this kind of virus, I have nothing to say to that, because I have no idea how any of that works.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •