starting strength gym
Page 347 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2472973373453463473483493573974478471347 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is interesting, from Toronto: https://twitter.com/richard680news/s...34648365895681

An obvious oversight, the government not having nationalized the rest home industry. I'm sure it will be corrected soon.

Here's the way it's done in New York: Andrew Cuomo gave immunity to nursing home execs after big campaign donations

People have no idea how poor nursing home conditions are. I worked in nursing homes in Los Angeles for 4.5 years. They are primarily concerned with Medicare dollars to the point where they referred to a Medicare patient as "the Medicare" when I would ask for the patient's chart. The nurses have a 40:1 ratio of nurses to patients and the physicians are practically non-existent in the care process. Among many of the corners cut, the one that stood out to me the most was when one of the nurses informed me that they were diluting the soap with water so that they could save money. I'm not convinced that the situation in New York or many of these states is any different. As awful as it is to say, it's unfortunately not surprising that this demographic got hit as bad as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    An obvious oversight, the government not having nationalized the rest home industry. I'm sure it will be corrected soon.
    I don't know about the campaign contributions, but Pritzker did the same thing.

My neighbor that had dementia and needed to be institutionalized was put in nursing home paid for by Medicaid. Soon as he was admitted he was put in diapers and kept in a wheelchair, kept in a dayroom with 15/other patients the only reason was so the one aide could control them, never have to take them to the.restroom. He passed away in November after .as series of falls. His legs got weak due to not being allowed to walk. A sad way to end up.

The narrative on masks has shifted to basically admitting it's useful as an outward display of courtesy, and that you're a Good Person: https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/stat...33960073232385

I think it's easy to pick articles and columns like the above, and to let yourself become further enraged at all this nonsense, but lately I've been trying to see the bigger picture. When I step back and view this whole thing as a battle between two sides, Team Apocalypse has been in steady retreat for weeks while Team Reality continues to gain ground. Evidence of this is in the increasingly weakening and petty demands of Team Apocalypse:

It was "Stop most commerce, and make it illegal for two friends to see each other. Violators will be shot."
    Then it was "Ok, open up some parks and allow small groups to meet, but leave businesses, restaurants, and schools closed."
    Then it was "Ok, open up some businesses at partial capacity, plan for schools to reopen, and let's get pro sports going again, but please wear masks when outside."
    Now it's "Look, I know there's no proof that general mask usage mitigates virus spread, but please just do it for others' peace of mind?"

After what seemed like an interminable winter of being besieged by irrational, panicked citizens and craven politicians, I think we've had a good run lately. Hopefully this continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cavazos View Post
    The narrative on masks has shifted to basically admitting it's useful as an outward display of courtesy, and that you're a Good Person: https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/stat...33960073232385

I think it's easy to pick articles and columns like the above, and to let yourself become further enraged at all this nonsense, but lately I've been trying to see the bigger picture. When I step back and view this whole thing as a battle between two sides, Team Apocalypse has been in steady retreat for weeks while Team Reality continues to gain ground. Evidence of this is in the increasingly weakening and petty demands of Team Apocalypse:

It was "Stop most commerce, and make it illegal for two friends to see each other. Violators will be shot."
    Then it was "Ok, open up some parks and allow small groups to meet, but leave businesses, restaurants, and schools closed."
    Then it was "Ok, open up some businesses at partial capacity, plan for schools to reopen, and let's get pro sports going again, but please wear masks when outside."
    Now it's "Look, I know there's no proof that general mask usage mitigates virus spread, but please just do it for others' peace of mind?"

After what seemed like an interminable winter of being besieged by irrational, panicked citizens and craven politicians, I think we've had a good run lately. Hopefully this continues.
    thats not what he's saying at all. He's saying he wears a mask "not only to protect himself and others" but also to set an example. Basically he's trolling any leaders who aren't wearing masks.

That’s basically what my supervisor told me in a hallway conversation. To paraphrase (except ‘uncomfortable’): “the maskless make the masked uncomfortable”.

Woodside, CA (aka The San Francisco Bay Area or as I like to call it, the belly of the beast)

Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    thats not what he's saying at all. He's saying he wears a mask "not only to protect himself and others" but also to set an example. Basically he's trolling any leaders who aren't wearing masks.
    you are an imbecile, you are setting the example for the rest of us for how not to be a total f'n moron. you add nothing to the conversation except providing an example of what it looks like when someone has nothing of any value to add to a conversation but still pipes in because they are impressed with their own brilliance.

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    That’s basically what my supervisor told me in a hallway conversation. To paraphrase (except ‘uncomfortable’): “the maskless make the masked uncomfortable”.
    Yes, because conformity=virtue.

starting strength coach development program

I'm glad that Corona is basically over (at least in Ohio), but I'm of the opinion that this isn't the last major "crisis" of 2020. The Left is regrouping.