starting strength gym
Page 354 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2543043443523533543553563644044548541354 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post

New York had a few factors going for it. TONS of international flights coming in, high population density
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post

And, Lockdown in US versus No-lockdown in Japan: Newsweek - Japan Ends Coronavirus Emergency With 850 Deaths and No Lockdown
    USA population: 328 million - 100,000 covid19 deaths with lockdown
    Japan population: 126 million packed onto a tiny Island - 800 covid19 deaths with no lockdown

Reconcile.

Revisit:

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    The swine flu epidemic that was not as CDC advertised

[They] have lied in the past.

He who controls the test results...controls the spread of the "epidemic".
    United States of Fuckery?

Democrat Governors taking marching orders from someone?

Michigan Governor Continues Deadly Covid19 Nursing Home Policy
    NY Governor: Nursing home have no right to reject COVID19 patients
    NJ Governor: No Patient with COVID19 Should be Denied Admission to Post-Acute Care Settings
    PA Governor: Nursing Care Facilities Must Accept Patients including Those who had COVID19

Why would one EVER purposefully seed nursing homes with a highly infectious virus known to kill most elderly who are already weak?

Why only Democrat Governors? Did they coordinate? Why? Election? Why so desperate?

At what point do we call this murder?

Definition of Genocide:
    the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political or cultural group.
    How many elderly died in nursing homes in these states due to covid19?

This didn't happen because of ignorance. No person on this forum would deploy this policy.
    What kind of person does this?

E V I L

Time to put politics aside. This is not a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ispeters View Post
    I've been trying to explain to people around me that - if you support the nonsense that has occurred, and "after we reopen" (?) you smoke cigarettes, eat shit food, or fail to optimally train your body, amongst other things - you are a fucking hypocrite. No way around it.

You can't have it both ways. If immense sacrifice is expected of the low risk cohort, the high risk cohort must do whatever is reasonably possible to mitigate their own risk - otherwise there can be no sustainable social contract. In a parallel universe, with a decade of self accountability in healthcare, the burden of this thing would be the same as an average flu season. This is what collectivists will refuse to admit - the difference is ultimately rooted in individual behavior.

I've found that most reasonable people, when presented with this argument, will admit they would rather that more people die in a viral epidemic, than give up their right to make unhealthy choices over the long term. I know more unreasonable than reasonable people, unfortunately.
    I bet that the majority of smokers would be HORRIFIED if they were told that they can only smoke alone and 15' apart, but I believe it is generally agreed upon that second hand smoke is much more dangerous than first hand smoke.

They'd immediately turn into libertarians; talking about how people know the risk and should avoid them or at the very least have to tell them to smoke elsewhere and how fellow smokers and willing nonsmokers all have the right to be near them if they choose to assume the risk.

This should feed everyone's paranoia.

My buddy's organization sends a file EVERY day of Covid information that gets forwarded to HHS. Recently he got a panicked call from his client that "all the old data is dropping out of the spreadsheet." Its a big goddamn file - over 64 thousand rows - but excel goes way over that. Only problem is someone at his client or at HHS was converting the CSV file to Numbers before converting it back to excel. In the process thousands of rows got dropped off.

Feel better now?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    Speaking of which, I place the blame for the current situation in Minneapolis squarely on the government's intentional tanking of the economy. Riots are what happens when you push unemployment into the high double digits. We learned this in Los Angeles in the early 90s and nobody bothered to take notes apparently.

Don't get me wrong here--I'm not saying the assholes cops who choked that poor guy to death are blameless; but, this was no Phillando Castille. This case appears to be accidental and negligent at worst. Proving malice on the part of the cops in this case is likely impossible.
    Without getting too far from the rails, I agree that the riots cannot be considered without the background of the ridiculous economic situation our government scum has created. But we've all seen the video, and it's just not possible to spend 8 minutes with your knee on the neck of a handcuffed wheezing vomiting bleeding man without malice. Doesn't matter what happened prior (unless you want to consider the 3 shooting incidents and 17 prior complaints filed against this pussy cop/government scum), all that matters is the 8 minutes it took to murder the guy, and the 3 accomplices who stood there and let it happen. However, "George Floyd got murdered -- I think I'll get me a TV!" is a serious problem that is best solved with firearms, not knees.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    I bet that the majority of smokers would be HORRIFIED if they were told that they can only smoke alone and 15' apart, but I believe it is generally agreed upon that second hand smoke is much more dangerous than first hand smoke.
    No, that's always been obvious bullshit. It just stinks and pisses us off.

In the meantime, let us brush up on the fiddle so we can be can merry and rejoice when the fire lit in Minneapolis reaches Rome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    ... it's just not possible to spend 8 minutes with your knee on the neck of a handcuffed wheezing vomiting bleeding man without malice. Doesn't matter what happened prior (unless you want to consider the 3 shooting incidents and 17 prior complaints filed against this pussy cop/government scum), all that matters is the 8 minutes it took to murder the guy, and the 3 accomplices who stood there and let it happen. However, "George Floyd got murdered -- I think I'll get me a TV!" is a serious problem that is best solved with firearms, not knees...
    The fire will fizzle out after the murder is made into a racial issue instead of a police-state issue and lockdown/economic depression issue; They will vow to improve "equality" and "racial justice" and maybe offer reparations or amnesty for the "gifts obtained by looting". The mob will be appeased and the system will stay the same.
    I would go out to support their protests, but cannot due to the looting and racial divisiveness. They would support my protests.... except, I am not one of them, so why would they care?

This is the same CDC, you will recall, that less than a year ago was ready to create the largest public health crises in American history by banning the use of e-cigarettes...
    What do you mean here? Is it because a lot of people would switch to even worse regular cigarettes and cigars? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I meant to address this in a previous post but I got sidetracked. Years ago undocumented immigrants were eligible for Emergency Medi-Cal for emergency health insurance because they were ineligible for full Medi-Cal (Medicaide in California for those who are not familiar). Since dialysis is a life sustaining treatment, it was covered under Emergency Medi-Cal. According to the California Department of Healthcare Services, undocumented immigrants now qualify for full Medi-Cal. So I would not be able to identify them based on this today.
    Long overdue but thanks very much for this info, Robert. I've heard medical professionals allude to the fact that they know for certain which patients are non-citizens and always wondered how this was possible in California where citizenship status is virtually a protected category.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I do not know when it was officially implemented or timeline of requirements, but it is a current requirement that immigrants be proficient in English to become citizens: [USC02] 8 USC 1423: Requirements as to understanding the English language, history, principles and form of government of the United States
    You are correct, Yngvi--I misspoke. What I meant to say was the United States has never had an official language.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Without getting too far from the rails, I agree that the riots cannot be considered without the background of the ridiculous economic situation our government scum has created. But we've all seen the video, and it's just not possible to spend 8 minutes with your knee on the neck of a handcuffed wheezing vomiting bleeding man without malice. Doesn't matter what happened prior (unless you want to consider the 3 shooting incidents and 17 prior complaints filed against this pussy cop/government scum), all that matters is the 8 minutes it took to murder the guy, and the 3 accomplices who stood there and let it happen. However, "George Floyd got murdered -- I think I'll get me a TV!" is a serious problem that is best solved with firearms, not knees.
    Thanks for querying this point Rip and let me be perfectly clear that I agree entirely with what you've said. Also, full disclosure: I haven't seen the entire 8 minute video, only the clips that have circulated on the news wires. In case it wasn't clear from my original post, these scum deserve all the punishment that's coming their way.

However, proving malice on the part of a white police officer who murders a black man in an all white court in Minneapolis--one of the most systemically racist cities in the US--is likely not going to happen. As a reminder, when the Philando Castille case happened, police chiefs from all over the county almost uniformly condemned the actions of the piece of shit that shot Castille 7 times at point blank range in front of his girlfriend and infant child for no good reason at all. In that case, the white officer that shot an innocent black man was acquitted, because, well, racism. (Compare this to when the black Muslim Minneapolis police officer shot the innocent white woman a year later and got 12.5 years, lest anybody accuse me of race-bating).

To reiterate, I agree completely that what those cops did was inexcusable, racist, and unquestionably malicious. But how I feel about the world and what I know about it are two different things. Not only did I live in Minneapolis for 5 years, but I'm also the son of a deputy city attorney; I know both Minneapolis and the insidious and unrelenting racism of the criminal justice system intimately well. As unfortunate as this reality is, I simply don't see it as being very likely that these cops will get anything worse than a slap on the wrist when all is said and done.

Especially considering that so far, even after the city has been burning for three days, only one of the officers involved has been arrested and he was charged with murder in the 3rd degree, which is somewhere below involuntary manslaughter according to Minnesota law: "without intent to effect the death of any person, caus[ing] the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life". Like I said initially, if anything, they'll stick him with negligence and he'll get a unjustly light punishment, as unfortunate as this likely scenario is. As it stands now, the case against him does not look very strong, even on the watered-down charges that have already been brought against him, considering the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's autopsy has essentially exonerated him of any blame in Mr. Floyd's death.

Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    This should feed everyone's paranoia.

My buddy's organization sends a file EVERY day of Covid information that gets forwarded to HHS. Recently he got a panicked call from his client that "all the old data is dropping out of the spreadsheet." Its a big goddamn file - over 64 thousand rows - but excel goes way over that. Only problem is someone at his client or at HHS was converting the CSV file to Numbers before converting it back to excel. In the process thousands of rows got dropped off.

Feel better now?
    Probably evidence of more bush-league skills.

On the other hand, if they had automatic data quality checks in place which caught this, it’d be very impressive. Like: “round-trip” the data, take the difference, and expect zero. That’d be one way to do it in a sensitive operational system.

The question now is, will other groups start to rebel against their tyrannical governors after seeing this shit? It would not be far fetched to say that there are groups of pissed off people out there waiting for an excuse to escalate protests against the lockdowns and this may be it.

starting strength coach development program
    To reiterate, I agree completely that what those cops did was inexcusable, racist, and unquestionably malicious. But how I feel about the world and what I know about it are two different things. Not only did I live in Minneapolis for 5 years, but I'm also the son of a deputy city attorney; I know both Minneapolis and the insidious and unrelenting racism of the criminal justice system intimately well. As unfortunate as this reality is, I simply don't see it as being very likely that these cops will get anything worse than a slap on the wrist when all is said and done.
    As it is right now, the 3 cops left loose there in town should probably think about turning themselves in to avoid being lynched. Lynching is not just something done to black people.