starting strength gym
Page 362 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2623123523603613623633643724124628621362 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but these riots seem to be further strengthening Trump. Because when disorder on this scale breaks out, much of the otherwise independent and perhaps even a little of those who dislike Trump would pick order over the current chaos. Especially after Trump dangled the Insurrection Act in the Rose Garden yesterday and negating posse comitatusby sending in active duty troops to backstop state National Guard units. This happened in 92 during Operation Urban Storm in LA when they sent up a few units of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children in Strykers. THAT ended things quickly.
    I think you are onto something here. I believe there are millions of Americans who do not like Trump but will vote for him. What many of the "Trump-supporter generalists" fail to realize is this:

Trump voter doesn't necessarily mean Trump supporter.

These people are vehemently against what the other side brings to the table.

Woodside, CA (aka The San Francisco Bay Area or as I like to call it, the belly of the beast)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    An individual with compromised cardiac function can certainly suffer a cardiac arrhythmia upon serious provocation, such as asphyxia, the stress of forcible immobilization, or panic from something akin to claustrophobia that might obviously occur if you're being crushed under the knee of a Piece of Shit who has no reason to fear you under the current circumstances and who you know to be a murderous Piece of Shit from having worked with him previously and who you might very reasonably assume is trying to kill you and you have no way to prevent it and the other Pieces of Shit standing around have demonstrated that they are going to do nothing to prevent the murder. Old people in very poor health frequently die upon waking up in the morning merely from the stress of awakening. It happens.

Is anybody seriously postulating that Floyd would have died anyway had he not been mashed under the knee of this pussy Chauvin? And there is this, although it is from ABC News and therefore probably a baldfaced lie: Independent autopsy finds George Floyd died of homicide by asphyxia - ABC News

And for the morons like lazyboy, Bruno, and Muntz who can't seem to see past the hospitals in NYC, this little item is indicative of what I've been trying to emphasize for 3 months: California Faces "Financial Collapse" As It Moves To Allow Businesses To Walk Away From Commercial Leases | Zero Hedge

Instapundit >> Blog Archive >> HOW THE MEDIA CREATES NARRATIVES: Here is the Washington Post showing that blacks are shot to death …

An interesting point:
    YouTube

July 19, 2019 - CNN - Portland's police chief calls for an anti-mask law following violent protests

April 20, 2020 -CNN- These are the states that require you to wear a face mask in public

Homemade masks provide no virus protection. However, they do protect your identity from facial recognition.

Just as the virus fraud is becoming visible to the general public, a mostly white, masked, well funded, Marxists paramilitary organization attacks EVERY MAJOR CITY in the US...including the White House.

Who are the pawns? Why is it always a strong woman who can see truth and takes action?

Who is carefully deploying pallets of bricks at each "protest"?

These people (and those who fund them) DO NOT care about racism or police brutality. Just like the virus fraud, it's about overthrowing an elected government.

Why is this hard for people to see?

City of Columbus to declare racism a public health crisis | WSYX

Since all White people are racist, does this mean we get to claim disability benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsquared1969 View Post
    Additionally it is not perception that cops are rarely found guilty of wrong doing in the case of killing a civilian, those are the facts, what may be hidden beneath the surface is the reason so few are found guilty may be attributable to the role the criminal plays in getting himself shot (i.e. not obeying the lawful orders of a police officer), I looked at recent numbers and out of 100 police shootings ~1 will be tried and convicted, ~3 will be charged, that may be attributable to the fact that the vast majority of police officers are good in the US and not scumbags. <snip>
    I was talking to a cop friend the other day and he more or less said this exact thing. The media is obviously the problem, just as with COVID-19. It’s really easy to zero in on isolated cases, like this one piece of shit, and stir national outrage with it.

The 34 year old who died from COVID-19.... Was one of a few hundred in the ENTIRE country to do so, but they were “high risk.” Therefore high risk in your 30’s translates to DEATH SENTENCE and FEAR to the viewers at home.

Similarly, shitty cops kneeling on a black guy’s neck means if you’re black and apprehended, you die.

Kind of reminds me of how pain works based on what I’ve seen from Drs. Baraki and Will Morris:

You have some sort of insult. You begin to think about it, focus on it and then and fear it. The reporting system in your brain tells you to continue monitoring it. Meanwhile, it’ll continue to probe the matter and heighten sensitivity. Your anxiety gets worse and sensitivity continues to rise.

Next thing you know, you’re crippled for life because you’re convinced that doing anything at all will trigger the pain. You shut down and become a useless member of society.

I thought I'd share some Youtube channels posting daily videos that criticize lockdown and social distancing. Admittedly it's a UK perspective, but I'm sure you guys/gals over in the USA are feeling the same way about how this mess is unfolding.

Dr Vernon Coleman
    YouTube

Carl Vernon, author. He attempts to be more light-hearted in his tone, but his messages focus on the psychological damage being caused children. This side of the argument away from economics or death is deeply understated and will affect society in years to come.

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bikesandcars View Post
    My observation from local cases is that the devil really IS in the details and the background of what led to the situation, not just the simple case portrayed by the media.

In a local case an officer that are held up as a racist / bad cop was almost silently exonerated on the back page of the newspaper 2 years later after the trial found him innocent. Turns out when witnesses gave testimony and the camera's were reviewed the cop had cause to fear for his life.

In Floyd's case it's more cut and dry, Chauvin was obviously abusing his power and using unnecessary force.

What's confusing to me is you can't say "I can't breathe" if you can't breathe. I've been choked out, I can't talk. That said, I've never been almost choked out for a long time, so maybe that's what happened?

The autopsy concluded: "The Hennepin County Medical Examiner concluded that Floyd died from a cardiac arrest while being restrained with "neck compression". Floyd complained he couldn't breathe while he was standing up. I googled around and I can't find a medical pathway whereby a neck compression causes cardiac arrest. I assume asphixiation?

I guess what I'm wondering is, did Floyd simply have a heart attack from the stress / other factors and the officer's biggest mistake outside of their abuse of power was failing to recognize his health condition and fail to respond appropriately because Chauvin simply didn't care if he died?
    Asphyxia - is a condition of deficient supply of oxygen to the body that arises from abnormal breathing. An example of asphyxia is choking. Asphyxia causes generalized hypoxia, which affects primarily the tissues and organs. There are many circumstances that can induce asphyxia, all of which are characterized by an inability of an individual to acquire sufficient oxygen through breathing for an extended period of time. Asphyxia can cause coma or death. blah blah blah can be caused by many things blah blah blah .... self-induced hypocapnia by hyperventilation, as in shallow water or deep water blackout and the choking game**
    ** block your carotid artery for a while, you'll pass out. And after you pass out, keep the pressure on. Try it. Because like in MMA, or in like auto-eroctic-asphyxiation techniques, the real goal is not to die, and to only pass out. You normally just passout and keep breathing, because your MMA-mat-buddy, or the ref makes sure the pressure to artery is relived. In the case of AEA, hopefully your preferred setup, allows for the neck pressure to be reduced when you black out and go limp.

Try it BikesandCars, several times.... report back with your findings.

And, to your other point, I guess he should of said, "I am having a hard time breathing" instead of "I [currently] can't breathe".

or to be more correct, maybe he should of said, "Dear officer, you are currently restricting the blood flow of my carotid artery to brain"

yes yes, that has a better ring to it.

crap, I forgot to add this.

its like the first damn thing that comes up when you google 'it'

Asphyxia-activated corticocardiac signaling accelerates onset of cardiac arrest:
    Asphyxia-activated corticocardiac signaling accelerates onset of cardiac arrest | PNAS.

Of course, with rumors in my area now of individuals roaming around noting houses with things like american flags to burn tonight, the last thing I am thinking about is George Floyd's death and police reform. These people are done with the cities and instead of calling it a day they are making their way out into the suburbs. I imagine there's a lot of firearm owners here on this board, but I am not one of them and regardless, everyone be careful and cautious.

starting strength coach development program
    Too funny: Agitators behind the rioting that has paralyzed the country over the past week want to move into more suburban areas, a government intelligence source has told Fox News.

Much of the worry stems from the notion that many in well-armed, suburban, and rural neighborhoods won't hesitate to exercise their Second Amendment rights and elevated anxieties could lead to heavy confrontation.