COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 364

starting strength gym
Page 364 of 459 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 4590

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #3631
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16

    Default

    • texas starting strength seminar september 2020
    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post

    Anyone out there live in an urban suburb (I grew up in one)- what are things like on the ground? Why aren't any shots being fired or mass arrests happening??
    My now un-Westernized mind cannot comprehend how much further the looting or rioting must go before our police start taking corrective action! Wow!!
    Out of curiosity, in which urban suburb did you grow up? You've also mentioned that you were a college administrator - at which college? How long ago did you emigrate from the U.S.?

  2. #3632
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    Reading the far-right posts here about "Antifa" and the pandemic is like going to a gay strip club in San Francisco: A bunch of fake-macho dudes jerking each other off.
    I can help you step out of your google bubble if truth is what you seek. For example, Twitter: Real Protesters taking care of ANTIFA Terrorist

    Sometimes you can't TELL the public the truth.
    YOU MUST SHOW THEM.
    ONLY THEN WILL PEOPLE FIND THE WILL TO CHANGE.
    It's all being laid out for you, but you must be willing to look.

  3. #3633
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    This is a interesting question. The only three I can think of off the top of my head that were actually convicted were our friend Mohammed Noor from Minneapolis (12.5 years), Amber Guyger in Dallas (10 years), and Michael Slager in North Charleston (20 years). Interesting to note that of the 3, the white male got the longest sentence by far. In fairness to the other two, Slager shot a man in the back as he was running away from him a half dozen times. That's real cop shit. The other two cases appear to be far less malicious.
    Noah, one more: Jason Van Dyke, Chicago PD, convicted in 2019 of 2nd degree murder for shooting Laquan McDonald. 6 year, 9 month sentence.

  4. #3634
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Officer characteristics and racial disparities in fatal officer-involved shootings: Officer characteristics and racial disparities in fatal officer-involved shootings | PNAS
    An Empirical Analysis of Racial Differences in Police Use of Force: An Empirical Analysis of Racial Differences in Police Use of Force | Roland G. Fryer, Jr.

  5. #3635
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    Now that you've outed yourself as a blatant racist, this conversation is over.
    No war is over until the enemy says it's over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact... the enemy gets a vote.

    -James Mattis, Gen (USMC, Ret.)


    If you don't want to talk to racist people, then you don't actually want to solve the problem. Either stick it out or don't start the conversation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    This is a interesting question. The only three I can think of off the top of my head that were actually convicted were our friend Mohammed Noor from Minneapolis (12.5 years), Amber Guyger in Dallas (10 years), and Michael Slager in North Charleston (20 years). Interesting to note that of the 3, the white male got the longest sentence by far. In fairness to the other two, Slager shot a man in the back as he was running away from him a half dozen times. That's real cop shit. The other two cases appear to be far less malicious.
    What ground truth would you like about North Charleston? I've lived and worked around here for over a decade -- on the street where it happened, in fact. There's some Cop Shit, but it's not the police doing 99% of it.

  6. #3636
    Noah Ebner's Avatar
    Noah Ebner is offline Owner, Starting Strength Los Angeles
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Yucaipa
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    You all sure this is all a response to lack of economic opportunity, and police brutality?
    How would you explain the difference in public reaction between Eric Gardner and Geogre Floyd?

    [QUOTE=Nicholas Laureys;1774916]Why go after only the houses with American flags, then?[/QUTOE]

    This has literally not happened anywhere. All of the looting was done at retail establishments, most without American flags anywhere to be seen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Why aren't any shots being fired or mass arrests happening??
    My now un-Westernized mind cannot comprehend how much further the looting or rioting must go before our police start taking corrective action! Wow!!
    Well over 5000 people have been arrested since Floyd's death a week ago, not counting the thousands of arrests that happened last night due to curfew violations. Plenty of shots have been fired and people have been killed from Las Vegas to Louisville. At this point you are either delusional or trolling.

    Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    Reading the far-right posts here about "Antifa" and the pandemic is like going to a gay strip club in San Francisco: A bunch of fake-macho dudes jerking each other off.
    This is actually a hilariously apt analogy. Fair knock to you good sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by heygoml View Post
    Noah, one more: Jason Van Dyke, Chicago PD, convicted in 2019 of 2nd degree murder for shooting Laquan McDonald. 6 year, 9 month sentence.
    Good call, I forgot about this guy but now I remember it was quite a sensational case as his partner broke the code of silence to testify against him. He must have been a real piece of shit for that to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    No war is over until the enemy says it's over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact... the enemy gets a vote.

    -James Mattis, Gen (USMC, Ret.)


    If you don't want to talk to racist people, then you don't actually want to solve the problem. Either stick it out or don't start the conversation.



    What ground truth would you like about North Charleston? I've lived and worked around here for over a decade -- on the street where it happened, in fact. There's some Cop Shit, but it's not the police doing 99% of it.
    Fair point. It just feels like whatever facts are presented to a delusional expat living in Russia are falling on deaf ears and he'll come back with more lies and utter nonsense to buttress his racism with. Not sure there's much else to stick out. Sort of like arguing with a schizophrenic; at some point you just have to say, 'ok' and walk away.

    On the latter point, I meant no offense. The case in North Charleston was pretty extraordinary perhaps because the prevalence of cop shit there is so low (in more rural areas, generally speaking, you just can't get away with cop shit for very long because everyone knows everyone) and what that cop did was so blatantly inexcusable. Interesting to note that his proir police record was exceptionally clean and he actually won a commendation for restraint with taser or something like that. Maybe it was personal or maybe he was just having a REALLY bad day...

  7. #3637
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    396

    Default

    People are losing their jobs for saying "All lives matter" Kings Announcer Grant Napear Resigns After '''All Lives Matter''' Comment | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

    Is any shred of truth or empirical evidence now overtly racist? We know now that mathematics is and has been racist for a long time. Logic is unacceptable, as it is discrimination.

    Bow down and comply.

  8. #3638
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Homemade masks provide no virus protection.
    That's not true.

  9. #3639
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14

    Default

    London. Today. My adopted country.

    https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1268200116424454144

    What happened to save lives, save the NHS, keep physically distant?

    I guess the virus is destroyed by a nice dose of 'virtue-signalling' and plenty of UKGov furlogh payouts (going on until October now).

    Idiocy has no colour.

  10. #3640
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    81

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I can help you step out of your google bubble if truth is what you seek. For example, Twitter: Real Protesters taking care of ANTIFA Terrorist

    It's all being laid out for you, but you must be willing to look.
    You've posted anonymous Twitter videos showing a mob of jean-shorts jabronis beating each other up, and some random lawlessness.

    You're distracted by minutiae.

    Therefore, you're missing the fundamental overreach and civil rights abuses that are really going on, that are going to have a bigger impact on everyone.

    And the b-stock V for Vendetta prose is not giving these ideas the weight you think it does, but I bet your journals are amazing. Post those instead.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I couldn't stomach voting for Trump in 2016. I was turned off by his unnecessarily combative rhetoric and was convinced he'd wipe his ass with the Constitution at the first opportunity. He continues with the combativeness and given the pesstivity it stirs up in all the right people I've actually come to enjoys his baiting of them. OTOH, he has respected the Constitution even though he misspeaks about his powers now and again. Thus far, he has not acted on those misspeaks. I wrote in Scott Walker in 2016, but will be voting for Trump in 2020.
    I find the conclusion you've reached by your own logic incoherent, but what do you think of James Mattis's statement today? He calls Trump a threat to the Constitution.
    James Mattis shreds Donald Trump: 'Three years without mature leadership' - Washington Times

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •