starting strength gym
Page 367 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2673173573653663673683693774174678671367 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    It WILL count as a COVID death, right?

sb
    Of course. They all will, including the dozen or so deaths that have been caused by a week of every city in the country burning, not to mention all of the deaths that will happen as a result of unemployment, hopelessness, depression, and crimes of opportunity that will occur between now and when the country returns to pre-COVID levels of employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And here's another very interesting thing: The DA in Minneapolis has changed the charge against their fine officer Derek Chauvin from 3rd-degree murder to 2nd-degree murder. Here is the statute:

Does either of these definitions apply to this case? 1.) Can they prove intent to kill, or 2.) can they prove that Chauvin was committing another felony or was under a restraining order of some type? It will be difficult. And if Chauvin walks, as it seems he might under these charges, what will happen? It may be that the details of the 9 minutes are such that they think they have a case, i.e. the paramedic that said "There's no pulse," and the 2 minutes after that during which Minneapolis's fine officer Chauvin continued to kneel on his neck is going to be interpreted as intent. But the other three have been charged as accessories to 2nd-degree murder, and if they can't prove intent by Chauvin, what happens to the other three thugs?
    This is precisely the point I tried to make a week ago or so that was misinterpreted as me defending the actions of Mr. Chavin. Thanks, Rip, for doing the heavy lifting (pun) for me and laying out exactly why he'll walk, as unfortunate as this outcome is. To answer your question about the other three dickheads--they also walk, of course. And the nationwide reaction to this outcome, 9 months to a year from now when unemployment is twice what it currently is and a million other unspeakable tragedies have beset the nation as a result, will pale in comparison to the current situation. His family will cry at the delivery of the verdict and that picture might make the bottom half of the front page and that will be it--no looting, no riots, no protests, nada. Recent history has unfortunately provided waaaaay too many examples to support the likelihood of this outcome.

Furthermore, Yyou all will be forgiven for not immediately seeing through the farce of Mr. Ellison's actions in amending the charges and arresting the other officers because you haven't lived in Minnesota. I lived there when Mr. Ellison was in the house of representatives for the district I lived in in MN. He is a callous, calculating, cold-blooded politician just like the rest of them. He only does things that he expects will contribute to the longevity of his career as a leech on the income of the people. In his defense, he is a very capable attorney, and were he acting on his attorney's instincts rather than his political ones, he would not have gone so blatantly overboard with the charging of these assholes. He's made fighting the case a walk in the park for them because he doesn't actually care that they'll walk. He knows that in a year from now, when the verdict is read and they're all found innocent of all charges (lets not forget this is Minneapolis, after all) that nobody will care. In the meantime, he can still tout how he was 'brave enough' to step in and charge all four of them during a time of national crisis. As a bonus, for now, he saves face with the black community that already hates him and gets to parlay this 'favor' he did to other politicians somewhere down the line when he reminds them that he single-handedly ended the rioting and looting nationwide by bringing trumped-up charges and a show trial to 4 murderers.

This really is the goddamndest thing so far. These people do not understand anything about science, in which trust is not a variable -- instead, they write about SCIENCE, and how it must be trusted. This is an amazing paradigm shift, brought on by the media and their obedient servants in government.

It is interesting to speculate about the relationship of the three clauses in bold.
    No, no its not. This is why I can't read the journals anymore, especially the ones in the social sciences. Everything about every single premise is wrong; namely those who have a greater trust in science inherently have greater trust in scientists. They DO NOT, precisely because those that have actually practised the scientific method know how easy it is to get wrong and how easy it is to fuck-up, intentionally or otherwise (ask Stef about this...). Also, they excluded education as a factor because it would have rendered their whole hypothesis DOA (see the previous sentence for exactly why). Just no--no all around. This paradigm shift actually occured in the 80s with the proliferation of post-modernism and this horseshit paper is more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    ** block your carotid artery for a while, you'll pass out. And after you pass out, keep the pressure on. Try it. Because like in MMA, or in like auto-eroctic-asphyxiation techniques, the real goal is not to die, and to only pass out. You normally just passout and keep breathing, because your MMA-mat-buddy, or the ref makes sure the pressure to artery is relived. In the case of AEA, hopefully your preferred setup, allows for the neck pressure to be reduced when you black out and go limp.

Try it BikesandCars, several times.... report back with your findings.

And, to your other point, I guess he should of said, "I am having a hard time breathing" instead of "I [currently] can't breathe".

or to be more correct, maybe he should of said, "Dear officer, you are currently restricting the blood flow of my carotid artery to brain"

yes yes, that has a better ring to it.
    Wasn't saying that Chaovin wasn't a Piece of shit, didn't kill Floyd, and that I agree with any of what happened. Simply was wondering out loud about the details. I realize the details aren't important, because it doesn't really matter how Chauvin killed Floyd, the fact was the P.O.S. did it.

I'm conditioned to not believe the media and short news snippets of information. I'm conditioned that the mainstream media wants to distort every event for their own political gain. When I see a short video of a guy on the ground saying "I can't breathe", I just thought off the top of my head... "I can't say that if I can't breathe".

Sorry if me asking about the medical background offended anyone, I don't mean to take away from the fact that Chauvin was a POS and was accountable.

Does either of these definitions apply to this case? 1.) Can they prove intent to kill, or 2.) can they prove that Chauvin was committing another felony or was under a restraining order of some type? It will be difficult. And if Chauvin walks, as it seems he might under these charges, what will happen? It may be that the details of the 9 minutes are such that they think they have a case, i.e. the paramedic that said "There's no pulse," and the 2 minutes after that during which Minneapolis's fine officer Chauvin continued to kneel on his neck is going to be interpreted as intent. But the other three have been charged as accessories to 2nd-degree murder, and if they can't prove intent by Chauvin, what happens to the other three thugs?
    Might be Baltimore over again

John Allen: “No one home at the White House.”

Trump's Military Threats Against Protesters Could Be the Beginning of the End of American Democracy

Interesting how political this seems. The reputedly brilliant and exceedingly tough retired general is now head of the left-leaning Brookings Institution.

The George Floyd death was a tragic mistake based on incorrect application of excited delirium protocols and medical interpretations by a non-medical professional .Mr. Floyd resisted arrest and refused to enter the patrol car. He flung himself down on the ground saying he was claustrophobic. As officers sought to control him he exhibited many symptoms of excited delirium. The protocol for this is to restrain the person with sufficient personnel so that the person can't move because wrestling around and flailing about will result in injury to them and the officers. The person is held until they calm down and all bodily tension is dissipated. This can take a few minutes. They also are told to protect the head by NOT allowing them to move their heads. All of this is evident in the dialogue between Chauvin and the other officers. Also, many medical non-professionals are told that if a person is speaking clearly they are sufficiently breathing. This also is reflected in the officer dialogue. The tragic mistake was that excited delirium protocols place a person on their back, not on their stomach.Chauvin is an experienced officer and should know this, however, it looks to me that he did not think there was a significant difference between the two, and based on his dialogue thought he was following protocol.

You may regret kicking me out because you're identifying a big problem in the DA's case, though not in the way you may think. The word "Darrow" doesn't appear in my name for nothing. Legally, Chauvin need not have intended to kill, or even to have harmed George Floyd. He only has to have intended, unjustifiably, to commit an act that could lead to bodily harm, which harm then led to Floyd's death. There seems to be no justification for putting, and then keeping, his knee on Floyd's neck, but the larger question is whether that is what caused the death.

Dr. Bennet Omalu, of the movie "Consussion" fame, has written this on the Floyd case: "The human brain can suffer irreversible asphyxial injury and death from compression of the neck after 3-5 minutes or less, or more. Even if that individual had coronary artery disease, the mechanism of death would still be a Type 2 Myocardial Infarction instigated by the asphyxial brain injury caused by the compression of the neck. Therefore, in a case like the George Floyd case, the underlying cause of death would be Mechanical Asphyxiation due to Compression of the Neck." Unfortunately, Dr. Omalu has said the original ME report was "professional buffoonery," and therefore is unlikely to be commissioned by the prosecution as an expert witness.

Why won't anyone call them what they are? It's Marxism... they're Marxists all the way down.

YouTube

Wars aren't even fought over power anymore. Power can be obtained through other means. It's ideas, and there are three prevailing ideas that carry significant geopolitical influence.

1. American liberty with protections for individual rights
    2. Marxism
    3. Islam

The first is utterly incompatible with the other two. There are some sects of Islam that are reformist and peaceful, but the largest body, Sharia, is not. And it is not "extremism" or "radical Islam." It is fundamental to the ideology. I think the disagreements between Trump and Mattis come from a lack of each's ability to deal with all of the threats the latter two pose. Trump is focused on here. Mattis is focused abroad. Both have policies that are inadequate.

Then, Marxism almost always fails quickly (read:genocide and famine), but it continues in two locations: the United States and China. China has survived its own ideology through both a semi-privatization of business with a pseudo free market and by seizing the means of production from the US. The ghost of the Soviet Union lives on in American Leftism though the information subversion ("Disinformatika") that has propagated. The Soviets did not foresee how rapidly China would rise nor how quickly they would fall after the space race proved their inferiority and the Bay of Pigs proved that even they were unwilling to destroy the Earth.

I feel I also have to take a moment to point out the obvious: I'm not speaking with regard to individuals who believe in one of these ideals. I'm such a naive classical liberal that I still refuse to target an individual for their beliefs. I'm worried that I will soon lose that luxury because the Marxists will take it from us through their insistence on control and violence to destroy anyone they deem enemies. Which is everyone but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The FDA, NIH and CDC have a combined budget of ~$50 billion annually.

It has taken them 3 months to develop and begin distributing a Covid-19 test. (A simple qPCR test that should cost less than 50 cents per kit to produce.)

Would anyone in their right mind ever consider giving more money to a private company that produced results so poor?
    If the continued existence of the private insurance industry is any indication, then the answer is a resounding, full-throated yes.

I don't know the protocol in Minneapolis but in many areas if Covid 19 was even thought to be present(even without testing) it was to be listed as the primary cause of death.

If this the case in Minnneapolis if the appropriate protocol is followed shouldn't George Floyds primary cause of death be listed as Covid 19.

I'm not a lawyer, but if this is the case it seems that all the current charges would then need to be dropped as his "formal" cause of death was Covid 19.

These comments in no way are intended to support what Chauvin did or try to get him off, but rather point out the insanity of how Covid 19 is being
    handled, and that there are far reaching consequenses of such insanity.

starting strength coach development program
    [QUOTE=Noah Ebner;1774969]

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Why go after only the houses with American flags, then?[/QUTOE]

At this point you are either delusional or trolling.
    Nicholas Laureys is the worst kind of troll because he isn't trying to amuse himself. Nicholas Laureys isn't an American expat who hopes to see western democracy thrive. His goal is to manipulate, divide, and weaken.