starting strength gym
Page 395 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2953453853933943953963974054454958951395 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I have a client who works in diversity and inclusion. He’s happy to share that his salary is about 160k, but he can’t explain exactly what the fuck he does. Seems like he doesn’t work at all. Free money to be made in this business.
    I feel like most people with big salaries like that don't have very good explanations of what it is they do for a living. But yes, social justice extortion is a pretty profitable parasite business. Even if it's "nonprofit".

Quote Originally Posted by georger View Post
    This is a pretty chilling - though not that surprising - description of what's wrong with policing in America:

Confessions of a Former Bastard Cop - Officer A. Cab - Medium

I'd be super interested in your all's take on it -- especially those of you with time served.
    "I was a police officer in a major metropolitan area in California with a predominantly poor, non-white population (with a large proportion of first-generation immigrants)."

Something I think that the movements sweeping the nation kind of disregard is that police can vary wildly from area to area, department to department, division to division. This person describes an area that is clearly going to be one of high levels of antagonism between police and the populace, for a number of reasons. They are also apparently wielded in a shitty way by politicians who use them to enforce their really bad policies. In a "major metropolitan area in California", you may in fact get a lot of BAD cops. By me, they're generally pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    So FUCK THEM. That's the conclusion I've come to after 2 weeks of soul searching. Just fuck them all. That is the only path available to you if you want to preserve what remains. It is illiberal, your ancestors acted illiberally, you just need to own it. There's no apology there. "We're not sorry", "We won", "We don't care you were oppressed".

Western civilization only exists because we won, and if anyone else wanted to outperform us, and not be subjugated, they just should have done better and won. It sounds harsh and brutal, but that's it. It doesn't require a difficult conversation, or complex explanation. That's the reality of human history. That's the antidote to all this fucking insanity.

Our ancestors built the monuments and statues and architecture that these people want to tear down, in a jealous hissy fit, because they were the winners of history and were glorifying their achievements. You're going to have to own the fact that you're on the winning side of history, or you'll be forced to wallow in the egalitarian, centrist quagmire. Virtual signalling how "fair" and "rational" your position is while you watch your world disappear. The centrist doesn't know whether to side with the losers or with the winners of history, but they don't realise they will never actually be accepted by the losers. When you cite the examples of oppression and hardships endured by your ancestor's, toiling in coalmines, slaves in the Industrial Revolution's workhouses, cannon fodder in The Great War, The Great Depression - you will be met with the cold, indifferent stare of the losers. You'll never be one of them.

I'm not talking about blacks, either. Blacks make up 13% of US population and a lot of them realise even the poorest American black person lives a life many, many times better than an Africans in Africa, and the reason is people who created their nation had a master morality, not a slave morality.
    Excellent post, Matt.

Notice also how any conversation with a Progressive about the morality, legality, or benefit to Americans of Open Borders inevitably, once your interlocutor understands that he has lost the debate, devolves into a talking point that **HEE-RER this was their land first!**

Exactly, PHUCK THAT, there's a reason South Americans all speak Spanish and most Africans speak French, so go cry about about your injustice and slavery and stolen lands to the French and the country of Spain - South America and Africa are THEIR problem, not ours.

Another reason not to engage in debate, besides that you will NEVER fully satisfy a Justice-Seeker's demands, it that it is in way like engaging a toddler in a lengthy debate on why she cannot take toys in such a violent way from her younger brother - a quick NO! is more efficient AND more sympathetic to her limited understanding of the world.

You see how quickly people got labeled racists here, even while politely and intelligently articulating their analysis and opinions? Probably better not to waste the breath on someone bitter about their positions "losing" these cultural and land battles years ago, and who will only be satisfied once It Is All Burned Down.
    Unfortunate, but your FUCK THEM policy is probably the most accurate and sympathetic one out there

googlevideo: Perspectives on the Pandemic | The (Undercover) Epicenter Nurse

Here's the Youtube version (which might get deleted soon)

This video is 70 minutes, so too long for most. But, for those who want to know what's really going on in the infamous Elmhurst Hospital in Queens, it's an eye opener. I think you all will appreciate this woman's strength.

I feel like BLM missed an opportunity to address a real problem here.

Erin Marie Olszewski is a Nurse-turned-investigative journalist, who has spent the last few months on the frontlines of the coronavirus pandemic, on the inside in two radically different settings. Two hospitals. One private, the other public. One in Florida, the other in New York.

And not just any New York public hospital, but the "epicenter of the epicenter" itself, the infamous Elmhurst in Donald Trump's Queens. As a result of these diametrically opposed experiences, she has the ultimate "perspective on the pandemic". She has been where there have been the most deaths attributed to Covid-19 and where there have been the least.

Erin enlisted in the Army when she was 17. She deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003. Part of her duties involved overseeing aid disbursement and improvements to hospital facilities. While in country she received the Army Commendation Medal for meritorious service, and was wounded in combat. Erin eventually retired as a sergeant, and became a civilian nurse in 2012.
    Erin is a medical freedom and informed consent advocate. She co-founded the Florida Freedom Alliance but no longer has any connection with the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Reads like completely fabricated bullshit.
    Not to the -- mostly ex- -- cops I have talked to about it.

Our ancestors built the monuments and statues and architecture that these people want to tear down, in a jealous hissy fit, because they were the winners of history and were glorifying their achievements. You're going to have to own the fact that you're on the winning side of history...
    Your rant is not funny because it is filled with hate and ignorance, but reading the above part of it and contemplating the *losing side* Confederate statues that are being torn down and understanding how much you support the kind of force that is being applied to their destruction as *self-justifying*, I cannot help but find a bit of amusement in it.

Quote Originally Posted by georger View Post
    This is a pretty chilling - though not that surprising - description of what's wrong with policing in America:

Confessions of a Former Bastard Cop - Officer A. Cab - Medium

I'd be super interested in your all's take on it -- especially those of you with time served.
    Over the top propaganda but doesn't mean there aren't some worthwhile nuggets.

The big take-away for me is that the city council's / law makers are culpable too, not just the duty-cops. Mayors / councils, Governors, police chiefs, etc are responsible for setting their expectations for policing. To have crazy laws (like arrest people for cans) then blame all the cops saying they just shouldn't follow orders is a (forgive the pun) cop-out. Police, like citizens, shouldn't need to break their orders or buck establishment to do the right thing, the right thing starts at the top.

If most cops (the large majority) aren't Chauvin types, there are also many types that do want to just sit and run speed, collect their revenue for the office, and retire with a nice pension without killing anyone and having the easiest time necessary. Sometimes that means going into a hard situation and solving it simply (with force). Like any profession, policing isn't one thing, and cops aren't one person. Running speed as a "State Trooper" for years on the interstate is different than serving warrants, or SWAT or drug enforcement and some cops are drawn to do different things.

That most cops "dream of killing someone"... nah, but it's a reality of their profession so they can't afford to hide from it either.

Anyone a front line position (doctors, fire fighters, military) needs coping mechanisms to deal with these continual tragic situations, one of them is to get a little cynical and a little hardened / callous, the other is to band together (us vs them), those are issues that should be in part addressed by .."the management".

Law enforcement recruits heavily from the military and generally rewards military service (time served), it may be beneficial to break some of that connection and make clear distinctions that policing is for serving and protecting the community and definitely NOT the military but that probably isn't a popular idea.

I am interested by Wranglerstars take on things, and I think he makes some valid points. The "Militarization" of the police and changing them into revenue generators for their employers goes a long way to aggravating everyone.

One of the biggest revelations for me out of the rioting, looting, and beating is that YES, it is hard and uncomfortable to follow the law (and that is part of why we're all so upset to see the wanton lawlessness), but we choose to follow it anyway, because:

1. Our strong enforcement of and compliance with laws is part of what makes our Contract Law, and, downstream, our economic prosperity, so strong.
    2. As a nation-state with a unified culture and populace, there is more trust of our fellow neighbors - trust that they will adhere to these uncomfortable laws, too, for the greater good, and trust that we have so much in common that we're almost on the "same team" and therefore more likely to share the desire for a lawful, orderly society.

# 2 has utterly collapsed, and you may draw your own conclusions about why, but it may be intersting to consider that Robert Putnam, in his classic book Bowling Alone, hid the correlation staring in hids face from the statistics that increased DIVERSITY through immigration was connected to balkanization and less social trust (the "Bowling Alone" part).

It's also quite interesting to view these lawless "protests" through the context of the Tea Party, 2A, CoVID, and many other protests that did not devolve into looting, arsony, rioting, and beating, even though these protestors were also expressing their 1A rights, and also had quite a bit to legitimately be absolutly pissed at the government (or "The Man") about!!

There are winners and losers in life, that's the natural order and that will never change.

Despite America's founding ideas of Christian universalism and subsequent egalitarianism, any patriotic American knows, and accepts, and owns the fact that the nation was hacked out of the hostile wilderness by people who brutally imposed their will on their natural surroundings, and others, in order to achieve their goals. And thank God they did, because it created one of the most successful civilizations in history.

So FUCK THEM. That's the conclusion I've come to after 2 weeks of soul searching. Just fuck them all. That is the only path available to you if you want to preserve what remains. It is illiberal, your ancestors acted illiberally, you just need to own it. There's no apology there. "We're not sorry", "We won", "We don't care you were oppressed".

Western civilization only exists because we won, and if anyone else wanted to outperform us, and not be subjugated, they just should have done better and won. It sounds harsh and brutal, but that's it. It doesn't require a difficult conversation, or complex explanation. That's the reality of human history. That's the antidote to all this fucking insanity.

Our ancestors built the monuments and statues and architecture that these people want to tear down, in a jealous hissy fit, because they were the winners of history and were glorifying their achievements. You're going to have to own the fact that you're on the winning side of history, or you'll be forced to wallow in the egalitarian, centrist quagmire. Virtual signalling how "fair" and "rational" your position is while you watch your world disappear. The centrist doesn't know whether to side with the losers or with the winners of history, but they don't realise they will never actually be accepted by the losers. When you cite the examples of oppression and hardships endured by your ancestor's, toiling in coalmines, slaves in the Industrial Revolution's workhouses, cannon fodder in The Great War, The Great Depression - you will be met with the cold, indifferent stare of the losers. You'll never be one of them.

I'm not talking about blacks, either. Blacks make up 13% of US population and a lot of them realise even the poorest American black person lives a life many, many times better than an Africans in Africa, and the reason is people who created their nation had a master morality, not a slave morality.

No, I am talking about the losers of history who are intent on having their astro-turfed, corporate-sponsored Revolution of Losers. "No justice, no peace"? They will never be satisfied, and will always be able to find someone being oppressed, so there will be perpetual war, perpetual violence and perpetual iconoclasm.
    I don’t think anyone on this thread has described the situation and context this perfectly. The resentful losers of history want to tear it all down. Who is going to stand up and be counted against them?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Now would be a good time to watch this.

YouTube
    A much watch, thank you for posting.