starting strength gym
Page 421 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3213714114194204214224234314715219211421 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    People's lives are in fact being ruined. What do you want the federal government to do?
    I will be attending a gun law seminar in about a week. Presumably the scope of 2A will be discussed.

gunlawseminar.com

Advertised topics:

* Use of deadly force
    * Castle doctrine
    * Talking with law enforcement
    * Where you can carry

I am with Rip on this one. These states brought this on themselves. The voters who can still use their brains need to re-think the implications of their past views that influenced their voting decisions and/or whether to even bother living in those states. The only concerning thing about any of this is how efficiently the democrats can cheat the vote. We don't know the methods that they used in the past, how they plan to improve them, or how the republicans plan to combat them. Then again, it's not far fetched to consider the possibility that both sides cheat elections and both sides have foreign aide in on the scam. It's only logical if that's the game they've been playing all of these years.

Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    Trump said "if you test more, you have more cases." By that logic, my sister-in-law should have just refused that colonoscopy and she wouldn't have had cancer. One scratches one's head and wonders how it's possible someone that ignorant became president of a country that has any higher education at all.
    I thought his point was that America looks like it isn’t doing as well with the pandemic when compared to other nations, but in actuality this is not the case as other nations aren’t testing to the same extent and thus not revealing the true numbers. I thought it was a good point but the media seem to have jumped all over to make him look ridiculous.

Trump is in office until 2025. Two more SCOTUS nominees.
    After the votes of "conservative" justices last week I wonder if it matters who Trump nominates.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    I am huge on states rights, but we are currently dealing with two international terrorist groups in the form of Antifa and BLM. That definitely falls into the purview of the Federal government.

The overall "Let them learn their lesson." idea is demented. Even in Dem controlled cities the population din't all vote the powers that be into power and even those who did din't necessarily approve of all their actions. People's lives are being ruined and taken.
    As pervasive and numerous as these two examples of human dreck are, compared to the shootings, robberies, bombings, and other violence of the SLA, Weathermen, and Yippies, they are pikers. The reason BLM and antifa operatives are as irritating as they are is the underlying white liberal guilt of the dem governmental executives in power in the blue states and cities that result in them doing nothing.

If Trump went full Nixon on them and reinstituted a program like COINTELPRO, the uproar in the House and the MSM would be even more deafening than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by hreed View Post
    Florida is looking at a 1.39 Rt right now, 4th highest in the US. Probably not the best example.
    Compare the number of deaths in FL to NY or NJ. Then read up on why those numbers are so skewed to NY/NJ.

Compared to other governors, he's done great. I am not going to hold any human responsible for a virus having a rt of 1.39.

Now, if in 3 weeks FLA has a significant spike in deaths, please bump and I will reassess.

Speaking of the Press, the tone of this article is quite a bit different then past portrayals of armed protesters. It's along the same vein of how the press is referring to Seattle CHOP folks as being armed with "Longarms"

https://www.richmond.com/news/virgin...20a2921db.html

Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    Trump said "if you test more, you have more cases." By that logic, my sister-in-law should have just refused that colonoscopy and she wouldn't have had cancer. One scratches one's head and wonders how it's possible someone that ignorant became president of a country that has any higher education at all.
    Thats correct. At any given point, any of our bodies could "test positive" for cancer. The vast majority of these will - if lkeft un treated - simply be resolved by the bodies own immune system. Dr. Sullivan has spoien about this. In fact, the side effects/consequneces of cancer treatments are so severe that its frequently not clear whether the cure is better than the disease.

Obsessing about a "positive" result in a test that otherwise has no signficant symptoms can often lead to unecessary treatments that weaken the body in unanticipated ways, hospitalizations that expose the weakeend body to other pathogens, and shittier outcomes than would be had by resting for a day or two, making sure to eat and drink well (if you have the appetitie for it) and getting more sleep.

I know a number of people who have tested positive for Covid - 50 year old friends of mine - who experienced a day or two of tightness/congestion in the chest and then nothing more. I doubt their outcome would have been as good if they staggerd into a Cuomo run-ER and demanded a ventiliator STAT!!!!

I agree with you rip, but again the federal government has a specific role of protecting the rights of citizens, if a state government is not doing that sufficiently is it the role of the feds to come in and make sure their rights are protected? There are people who’s property, a natural right, is being destroyed by looters and these chaz pussies, at some point some authority has to come in and ensure their natural rights still exist. I like the let it burn and vote with your feet solution way more, I’m just thinking out loud about the legality of the feds coming in, from a constitutional standpoint. And also, I’m not sure how the feds step in and stop it without bloodshed.

And here in the rural lands, the big excitement is the local Golden Corral has reopened.

starting strength coach development program
    John Cardillo tweets
    Do people still believe this isn't all coordinated?
    People's lives are in fact being ruined. What do you want the federal government to do?
    Military Tribunals.

Turn the powerful weaponry of the NSA onto these operations (Russia hoax, impeachment hoax, pandemic, Antifa, false flag shootings, etc), and then hold Military Tribunals since our FBI / DOJ and Intelligence agencies were all caught covering up these crimes.

Trump: I caught them all
    Prove it.