starting strength gym
Page 428 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3283784184264274284294304384785289281428 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I dunno about the despair a number of you posters here have for the rest of the 3000 or so non-urban counties here in the US. Yes, the populous coastal blue urban counties and some of the inland blue counties look like a lost cause. But then they did before the current unpleasantness. At least to me. Having lived and worked in two such sinkholes, Chicago and LA metro, I can certainly understand the origins of how it is manifesting itself this badly and being promoted by the MSM as the pervasive wave of the future.

It reminds me of when the Jenner formerly known as Bruce got some of his original factory equipment modified and how this was celebrated by the MSM as well. But it seems to have faded from fashion now, other than in a few commercials for vodka and HIV treatments.

It seems as though Boggsy in rural VA has fewer concerns than some of the hand wringing I see here. I am plenty upset at the local pandering and me-tooism so many guilty middle class white folks seem to have adopted in BLM style marches in Southern Illinois, but after the marchers have left, little has remained of that bolted on fervor du jour. Other than a little whipping up of guilt by the local TV stations.

In short, this "trend" seems localized to the great urban unwashed.
    Mark, I appreciate your perspective that we may sound like Chicken Littles.
    But are you really proposing that a second round of White Flight (this time, lets call it on the Lam from Leftist Lunacy) is the answer?

The first one arguably resulted in our parents, the Boomers, abdicating their responsibilities and ceeding control of our institutions, cities, cultural norms, and job centers to the Communist Agitators.

The problem then was, those White Flighters' children still had to return to those urban centers, to:
    go to school
    Find employment
    Sightsee / vacation
    And
    Pay taxes that ultimately support
    this Cultural Marxism

Aren't all the jobs in and near these Liberal hellholes, at least for people still in the first third to half of their lives, still building a career?

Wasn't that White Flight also hapless in that the danger and lunacy of our fellow citizen Communist Agitators continues to creep further outward from those urban centers?

I know I'd feel safer and smug for now, as a Patriot riding out the storm in our more rural counties. But those tax bills I'd still be paying to fund my own demise would drive me crazy!

So sorry, I'm not buying it, flight in the 70s and 80s is what got us deeper into this mess, and another round of retreat into the exurbs probably won't solve anything for us, and definitely will only make things worse for our children.

So, if a person disobeys the order to wear a face mask, they are not to be harassed in anyway.

“No person shall intimidate or harass people who do not comply,” health officials said."

But a legitimate question is: what repercussions are in place for non-compliance?

IF there are any, then this is an egregious example of institutional racism. Either the gov't is trying to kill people of color with the COVID or force white folks to wear masks...hmmm.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Explain this.
    I agree, but just to clarify...

I'm a nationalist and I would prefer ethno-nationalism. Yet, because this is what I want, I am also forced to acknowledge, as others have mentioned, that this is impossible today. Nothing approaching ethno-nationalism can exist while the current form of Western liberalism is dominant. I'm also forced to agree with others' comments as to why Trump cannot use force to counter this Great Erasure we're seeing take place. This current system cannot simply be reformed in order for me to have what I want, but it is clearly already in a state of collapse, and we are currently unprepared to offer people any real alternative to this fake, bullshit Left/Right paradigm. There is a third position, beyond the left and the right, but in this current climate, it cannot be. Things will get much worse, unfortunately.

Whether someone shares my views or not, they may agree with me in saying in 2016, Trump partly rode in on the wave of racial anxiety and tension being felt throughout American society. That isn't to say we're all closet white supremacists just waiting for official permission to behave immorally, but we have sensed something very wrong with the way this artificial, multi-cultural experiment has been going for some time. He's a genius in how he cleverly played to this and spoke to these concerns, all the while remaining a conservative and sharing hugs with Diamond and Silk.

I don't believe Trump has any answers to society's problem of increasing racial anxiety. If there's going to be any type of immigration reform in the next 10 years, under the current liberal system, and whether it's by the Dems or Republicans, it will be Kushner-style immigration reform i.e. bringing in masses of higher IQ, higher skilled immigrants from India, China, Africa, and other places. They will move away from the form of family reunification immigration, and swap it out for higher skilled immigration. Western civilization still gets washed away by globalism. Racial division and hatred continues. Our Conservative Party, and even Nigel Farage, have all shared the same vision for the future of Britain as well.

I expressed some concern about the plan of voting for Trump and at the same time hoping to re-establish normalcy, and MAGA, by allowing these Democrat trouble spots to eventually "burn out" of their own accord. This is what I meant about an accelerationist argument only working if your side are the ones who are in control pace of the acceleration.

I say this because the people in this movement do not have a real political goal in mind, beyond the violent erasure of the European past. They have nothing else to say and there's no concept of social change. It's a movement of "gives", with "gives" in all sorts of forms: Give me money. Give me a pass to steal those Nikes while i'm rioting. Give me recognition. Give me some new university post, or cushy job in a corporation where I can rant about the evils of racism all day. There's no sense of resolving anything or changing the course of history for them. It's like a fake, hollow version of Bolshevism. You can't describe it as a total farce, though - because it is deeply demoralizing to us and it is violent - people are dying. However, it's more to do with virtue signalling than changing the course of history.

In that way, there is no end in mind for these deranged losers. There isn't even a rough sketch of an idea of the utopia of equality they may or may not be working towards. So there is no telling if this thing will ever "burn out" or come to a halt because it has no defined limits and isn't constrained by rationality. It could become the new normal for society and I would argue it already has. Now, we are just waiting for the next statistical inevitability to occur in the course of a white police officer doing his job under increasingly hostile and unpredictable conditions.

It's also interesting to note that woke neo-liberal capitalism can even afford to virtue-signal along with these violent losers - it's hardly any kind of revolution when Coca Cola and Disney are on board, is it? None of these leftist protesters have expressed anything about wrestling power off the multi-national corporations - not even once. The establishment and the system itself can absorb this kind of violent energy and conflict, forever, but for you and me trying to scrape by down here at ground level, among the mob, it will become a nightmare.

At best, all the conservative-right will ever be able to offer is: "Look, if you're going to destroy civilization, at least be consistent about it. Please stop being a hypocrite!". If real nationalism wants to be a real alternative, it needs to offer people much more than this. I bet it's going to take 10 years, and probably a billion dollars, to get anywhere. It would need to avoid the mistakes of the past, and we are totally unprepared for it today. We need to build parallel institutions, societies and support dissenting, nationalist voices.

So, it's bound to all collapse and people will be prepared vote differently in future. Just not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    So, if a person disobeys the order to wear a face mask, they are not to be harassed in anyway.

“No person shall intimidate or harass people who do not comply,” health officials said."

But a legitimate question is: what repercussions are in place for non-compliance?

IF there are any, then this is an egregious example of institutional racism. Either the gov't is trying to kill people of color with the COVID or force white folks to wear masks...hmmm.

sb
    Inslee just made masks “mandatory” here in WA. A crime (misdemeanor) if you don’t. He knows he can’t legally do this. Yet I can pillage and burn without consequence.

Very predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    I agree, but just to clarify...

I'm a nationalist and I would prefer ethno-nationalism. Yet, because this is what I want, I am also forced to acknowledge, as others have mentioned, that this is impossible today. Nothing approaching ethno-nationalism can exist while the current form of Western liberalism is dominant. I'm also forced to agree with others' comments as to why Trump cannot use force to counter this Great Erasure we're seeing take place. This current system cannot simply be reformed in order for me to have what I want, but it is clearly already in a state of collapse, and we are currently unprepared to offer people any real alternative to this fake, bullshit Left/Right paradigm. There is a third position, beyond the left and the right, but in this current climate, it cannot be. Things will get much worse, unfortunately.

Whether someone shares my views or not, they may agree with me in saying in 2016, Trump partly rode in on the wave of racial anxiety and tension being felt throughout American society. That isn't to say we're all closet white supremacists just waiting for official permission to behave immorally, but we have sensed something very wrong with the way this artificial, multi-cultural experiment has been going for some time. He's a genius in how he cleverly played to this and spoke to these concerns, all the while remaining a conservative and sharing hugs with Diamond and Silk.
    I cannot vehemently disagree more strongly. Anyone would be blind to admit that there is not some element of what makes the individual in their own ethnicity, language and culture, but it is utterly unessential so long as everyone in this country agrees on the ideas laid out in our Bill of Rights and Constitution, and that have been built on iteratively since then. That isn't to say that there won't be disagreements, and that certain ideas (such as Islam or Marxism) cannot stand as wholly incompatible with the idea of individual liberties limited by protection for the liberties or others. If we adjust our agreements to that, and then openly discuss and deal with the inevitable disagreements and frictions that exist not just on the spectrum of ethnicity, religion and culture, but also every other interest and belief the constitutes the individual.

The most disagreeable presumptions between American Liberty and Islam/Marxism are the same -- American liberty doesn't require your agreement on pain of death. It does require you allow disagreement insomuch as it does not affect your exercise of your own free will.

Donald Trump did not leverage ethnic lines. He leveraged the anger that anyone who believes in Liberty and common virtues feels once they start paying attention to the hellscape of our society and its politics.

In that way, there is no end in mind for these deranged losers. There isn't even a rough sketch of an idea of the utopia of equality they may or may not be working towards. So there is no telling if this thing will ever "burn out" or come to a halt because it has no defined limits and isn't constrained by rationality. It could become the new normal for society and I would argue it already has. Now, we are just waiting for the next statistical inevitability to occur in the course of a white police officer doing his job under increasingly hostile and unpredictable conditions.

It's also interesting to note that woke neo-liberal capitalism can even afford to virtue-signal along with these violent losers - it's hardly any kind of revolution when Coca Cola and Disney are on board, is it? None of these leftist protesters have expressed anything about wrestling power off the multi-national corporations - not even once. The establishment and the system itself can absorb this kind of violent energy and conflict, forever, but for you and me trying to scrape by down here at ground level, among the mob, it will become a nightmare.

At best, all the conservative-right will ever be able to offer is: "Look, if you're going to destroy civilization, at least be consistent about it. Please stop being a hypocrite!". If real nationalism wants to be a real alternative, it needs to offer people much more than this. I bet it's going to take 10 years, and probably a billion dollars, to get anywhere. It would need to avoid the mistakes of the past, and we are totally unprepared for it today. We need to build parallel institutions, societies and support dissenting, nationalist voices.

So, it's bound to all collapse and people will be prepared vote differently in future. Just not now.
    I read through the last few paragraphs of what you wrote and instantly thought of the Viking raids in monasteries during the medieval period. I'm no expert in the Vikings, but I wonder if there are some historical parallels there. The commoner is vulnerable to getting pillaged while the elites are able to safely ride things out in their castles...only time will tell.

I agree that something different will have to arise to fix the problem. Conservatives are playing against an opponent that won't play by the rules and has no intention of ever doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    You all need to calm the fuck down. Gird up thy loins. The tempest swirls in the teacup. Democrat neo-Marxist policies, which have been churning away since the 60s, are bearing their fruit... yet again. The cities aren't even burning, yet. It's a few blocks here and there, and the actual interruption of economy is almost non-existent compared to the harrowing of COVID-19.

Draw your lines, but not around the statues. Let them burn churches and tear down pictures of Christ. They can burn all of the American flags they can get their hands on. They can call you whatever they want. It doesn't matter. It changes nothing. If it wasn't YOUR church or YOUR flag or YOUR city, then it is well outside of your control,and the men and ideas of the statues are dead to them and invisible to society at large.

Now is the time to prepare. The cities are beyond anyone's control, now. Be at peace. Eat well. Work hard. Lift heavy. Train your shooting and hand-to-hand. Keep you mind sharp. Pay attention. Sleep enough. Love your family and see that they prepare, too. Be a good neighbor. Be a good citizen.

When either the government or the mob crosses your line... that will be the time. They aren't that close, yet, but they also were never that far away.
    This is a really good post, IMO. It is precisely how I have been thinking about all this in reality. The times where I flare up are when I think about the unusual circumstances around this particular time. But ultimately, the stoic philosophy serves well now. I am annoyed by what I see and read at times but in reality, I have been able to hunker down and focus on my facilities.

This post is a good reminder for me.

We need to build parallel institutions, societies and support dissenting, nationalist voices.
    As in a Benedict Option?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    These are PAYtests...not protests. There's nothing organic about it. It's astroturf.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesandcars View Post

And for all you conservatives: The notion that all you currently passive gun-owning conservatives have is that when the mob shows up at your door your AR-15 and 1000 rounds is going to protect you is preposterous, it won't work like that. The mob is organized...
    Youtube: analysis of "staged" cop car burining

The provocateurs are well trained for sure, but their numbers are small. This is all engineered to divide us so that we cannot focus on "the invisible enemy". We need to keep our eye on the ball.

Besides, even if it were real, all you need is a shotgun (Youtube humor)

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    This is from June 3rd: AG Barr To Deploy Joint Terrorism Task Force Against Antifa

I don't know how everything is supposed to work or who does what, but I don't think the idea that since you don't see the military in the streets that nothing is being done is true. I'd imagine that they are going after the money and the "leaders" and hoping the rest scatter back to their bedrooms once they see their heroes plucked up by unmarked vehicles in the dead of night.
    Today (June 23) Twitter: Barr said
    "Anybody who engaged in such acts can stand by to put your hands behind your back and head to federal prison. We are coming for you."
    The NSA has been mapping these "organizations" for years. I would guess the flow of money has been tracked and cut...after the violence/destruction has sufficiently awakened non-radicalized Americans and broken the right laws. "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" - Napoleon Bonaparte

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Mark, I appreciate your perspective that we may sound like Chicken Littles.
    But are you really proposing that a second round of White Flight (this time, lets call it on the Lam from Leftist Lunacy) is the answer?

The first one arguably resulted in our parents, the Boomers, abdicating their responsibilities and ceeding control of our institutions, cities, cultural norms, and job centers to the Communist Agitators.

The problem then was, those White Flighters' children still had to return to those urban centers, to:
    go to school
    Find employment
    Sightsee / vacation
    And
    Pay taxes that ultimately support
    this Cultural Marxism

Aren't all the jobs in and near these Liberal hellholes, at least for people still in the first third to half of their lives, still building a career?

Wasn't that White Flight also hapless in that the danger and lunacy of our fellow citizen Communist Agitators continues to creep further outward from those urban centers?

I know I'd feel safer and smug for now, as a Patriot riding out the storm in our more rural counties. But those tax bills I'd still be paying to fund my own demise would drive me crazy!

So sorry, I'm not buying it, flight in the 70s and 80s is what got us deeper into this mess, and another round of retreat into the exurbs probably won't solve anything for us, and definitely will only make things worse for our children.
    It appears you misunderstanding me. I'm not advocating white flight. Stay where you are if you're comfortable there or move if you feel you must. But either way, you will be paying those taxes Team Blue enacts. Of course your total cost of living will likely drop some with cheaper housing. The other side of the coin in going rural might be less income and a slightly longer (if less stressful) commute.

As for us Boomers, I'm one of them. I put the blame for Boomer self indulgence on their parents, the Greatest Generation, who after enduring the Great Depression and WWII, could finally settle down and raise a family. Sadly, too many of them wanted to wrap their kids in bubble wrap and cater to every whim. Not mine though. When you get raised by a guy who survived three amphibious landings in the Pacific, you don't get coddled as the first born son. But, your point is taken, some Boomers are only repeating their own parents poor child rearing practices.

At least in Southern Illinois jobs were springing up without enough people to fill them before the Kung Flu hit. Pretty well paying jobs too, if one can decouple themselves from being dead set on white collar office work. Many were in the trades and other fields where you just might have to sweat a little and get some dirt under your nails.

As far as education goes, many of even the best schools are not in the big urban areas and then there are the far more numerous and less prestigious colleges and universities. Even more of them are out in fly over country. So I have to dismiss that as a limiting factor as well.

If you want to go full cultural immersion, at least in what academe and urbanites deem of value, you can always visit the cities and museums. Assuming of course that the museums are not allowed to be dismantled and replaced with celebrations of women's studies and africana. You want entertainment in a city, go for it. Then you can leave, if you want to step over the shit in the streets and risk some of the crime that is tolerated in the name of restorative justice.

So stay put or go. I'm not advising either one. I just know that I'm a good deal more relaxed and happy here in Murphysboro Township between two of the larger communities South of I-64 with 2 1/2 acres of trees along a small lake. If you want to or feel anchored to urban or suburban life, live it out there.