starting strength gym
Page 443 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 3433934334414424434444454534935439431443 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by damnbandit View Post
    Not that anyone happens to give a fuck, but the plus side of all this dumbfuckery is that I'm finally getting my home gym together as production ramps up again. Thanks to Rip for the article on that... This might be the closest approximation to happiness I've ever felt.
    Freedom is being able to squat naked. I don't, but I could... and there's true liberty and happiness in that realization.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Freedom is being able to squat naked. I don't, but I could... and there's true liberty and happiness in that realization.
    Pretty sure naked form checks are frowned on in the technique forum. I’d be surprised if someone hasn’t submitted one though.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Freedom is being able to squat naked.
    Shirtless too, at the very least. Especially since the cotton industry is probably going to be attacked next.

Stefan Molyneux and a host of other right-wingers just got permanently banned from YouTube.

Market place of ideas my fucking arse.

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    ...The good thing is that critical thinking can be taught, and it doesn't require a high IQ to learn it...
    That is absolute bullshit. I have not seen even one example throughout my entire life where a person of average intelligence or below has learned to think critically. I have also seen many people of above average intelligence refuse to learn to think critically.
    You write like you are still imprisoned in one of our higher (re)education institutions. Propaganda works.

How do you reconcile differences when critical analysis is not the problem?

For example, there are now more Spanish speakers in southern california than there are English speakers. The rational move for the Spanish speaking voters would be to disenfranchise the English speakers by forcing them to speak Spanish.

Or how about the 40% + foreign-born population in Los Angeles or New York City? Very few of them have any property or wealth, so it is in the collective financial interest of these voters to support forcible redistribution of wealth and property (Actually already happened in Rhodesia and South Africa).

Or how about the statues of John Wayne at John Wayne Airport? He is a cultural icon to 90% of the population of 1980s California and their descendants, but he is being erased, because the new 65% nonwhite majority now has the voting power to impose their heritage on others.

These are irreconcilable differences.

Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    No offence, but you seem to be making up most of what you said. Professors are tenured, they can publish anything they want. And working on IQ tests and other historical data is dirt cheap and requires little or no money. Also, there are plenty of more right-leaning institutions and think tanks where such work can be done if desired. And lastly, anyone with a background in stats can take historical data and work with it, including emeritus professors who could care less what anyone thinks, even if they were at a liberal school. The reality is that correlational studies are viewed as low quality, because they don't prove causality, and they've been repeatedly shown to result in erroneous conclusions. And the days of assessing one's genome using a paper test is long gone since the advent of high throughput sequencing in 2004. This has nothing to do with race. It has to do with the value of correlational studies, and the value of IQ tests as measure of genetic differences in an era with rapid genome sequencing. So yes, the use of an IQ test is old fashioned for this purpose. An IQ test is useful, for instance, if a kid is having trouble in school, and you're trying to find out why.
    No offence, but maybe you didn't totally read what I said. I didn't say hereditarians are at all censored or unable to do work. Their view is politically incorrect and unfashionable, and the environmentalist view is the one recruited by the political left, where they can, to justify policy change.

I didn't make any claims about what exactly can be inferred from the national IQ datasets, and I did go to pains to mention the difficulty in obtaining reliable data from sampling due to cultural differences. Even shapes mean different things to different cultures. I get it. You don't think highly of IQ data.

I am not personally interested in waiting for the results of, for example, genome sequencing, to help me work out why the left's arguments about racism are complete fucking bullshit. I don't need to put the official stamp of scientific reason on why certain groups of humans tend behave more irrationally, or are over-represented in violent crime in Western societies, to understand the harm being done to what I cherish, and what should be defended from subversion. I applaud anyone who is interested in dedicating their life to the pursuit of scientific knowledge in the field, and can come up with ways of dealing with these problems, though. Knowing our politicians, I suspect it's just going to involve throwing money at the problem. Maybe we should halt mass immigration until we know more.

Somalia is a violent shithole, in large part, due to the behaviour of Somalians and their cultural beliefs. Importing said Somalians en masse to my nice European country isn't going to improve society - for me and my fellow native inhabitants, that is. The Somalians themselves certainly would be very happy with the situation, but they've been taught if they pretend they're actually very dissatisfied, and adopt the identity of a permanently oppressed victim, they will tend to get more and better unearned free shit, paid for by others.

So, a solid scientific study which demonstrates to me why the intelligence and personality traits of Somalians are environmental in nature, and not genetic, doesn't stop my country going down the crapper. It does allow me to feel good about not being a dirty, evil racist for worrying about it because, after all, there's a chance these Somalians might finally get on board with liberalism and see the good in our social norms and values... *checks watch* Any minute now!

Meanwhile, at current rates, by 2066 white British people, like me, will be a ethnic minority in our own fucking country. The Sudanese "asylum seeker" who went on a stabbing rampage in his hotel in Glasgow a couple of nights ago, was apparently unhappy with the quality of his free accommodation, food, laundry service and wifi. Hence the stabbing.

To these highly conscientious, slightly neurotic, intelligent lefties, I would say: I know you want to be gentle and I know you want to love the world, but you're going to have to get fucking real. If only these genius high IQ types had all gone to work for NASA, and not in the soft sciences, intelligence research and bloody FINANCE, we might be gearing up to colonize space by now... and you wouldn't have to worry about irrational party-poopers like me, droning on about my ancestral homeland, for too much longer.

This mask shit is ridiculous on a global level

But people with substandard math scores don't do well in any of those fields either.

Anyways, if you wish to believe the conclusions of a social scientist based on a correlational study, then feel free to. But, you must then believe ALL conclusions from ALL correlational studies to be true.
    And the days of assessing one's genome using a paper test is long gone since the advent of high throughput sequencing in 2004. This has nothing to do with race. It has to do with the value of correlational studies, and the value of IQ tests as measure of genetic differences in an era with rapid genome sequencing.
    Genome-wide complex trait analysis allows estimation of heritability due to common SNPs, they find similar measurements identified by the old twin and adoption correlation studies. The SNPs which are correlated with general intelligence have a lot of overlap with those that are correlated with mathematical ability. Most of the progress in understanding the universe is just not available to people who fall below the IQ thresholds which do not allow them to understand mathematics.

Assessing the genetic correlation between genetic influences on different traits, called pleiotropy, also finds the same.

Virtually all the assumptions of correlation studies have been extensively tested, and they have all been found to be relatively good approximations (statistically) in populations.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    This mask shit is ridiculous on a global level
    How long do you think it’ll last?