starting strength gym
Page 445 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3453954354434444454464474554955459451445 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Don't worry about the second wave, but don't even think about opening your business, taking off that mask or voting in person. We have this new pandemic to worry about:

Flu virus with 'pandemic potential' found in China - BBC News
    Twitter: Insight from the G*tes re ^^ - what is the meaning of the smirk?

This is ratcheting up more and more by the hour. The vast majority of pro Trump pages, tweets or information is being censored. They took down the pro Trump reddit pages, because they are inherently racist

This one has been buried so much that it took me a whole week to see it, despite spending a couple of hours every day actively seeking out this type of information:
    BLM founder calls for tearing down all statues and white depictions of Jesus across Europe BLM Co-Founder: White-Skinned Jesus Statues Must Also Come Down | News Break

I didn't see this one for several weeks either: Arnold Schwarzenegger statue vandalized in Ohio Arnold Schwarzenegger Statue Defaced During Black Lives Matter Protest | Muscle & Fitness

This level of censorship and blatant propaganda must not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And if deaths don't go up, what will we know?
    A couple of things:

1. You'll never be able to prove anything. "Wait two weeks" became something of a meme during the lockdown phase and a sign that the speaker isn't a serious person, but they've gotten smarter and have moved it out to "wait two months" for the death spike. Because that's how long it takes for a young person to go to a bar, get the virus, touch a doorknob, have an Amazon deliveryperson touch the doorknob and eat lunch without washing his or her hands, have that Amazon person go the wrong direction in an aisle at H-E-B, and spread the virus to an elderly shopper who will die two weeks post-infection.

2. If deaths do get too low, we're going to be lectured on how the virus doesn't always kill people but it does leave everyone with permanent lung damage. And probably dementia. And lupus, why not.

Houston's hospitalizations and ICU occupancy have fallen in recent days. The leaders of Texas Medical Center had a sudden change in tone, and are now trying to walk back their recent panicked press releases by assuring people they can handle the situation going forward. They probably realized if people get too scared again, elective surgeries and hospital visits will plummet again either because people are scared to go outside or state/city officials ban them. They were hemorrhaging money during the lockdown and don't want to revisit that time.

Doesn't matter though, since Abbott caved by closing bars and restaurants again it's hard to see him standing up to this: Texas local leaders ask Gov. Greg Abbott to allow stay-at-home orders | The Texas Tribune

We are going back into (localized) lockdowns. I'm convinced half the country will do anything they can to make sure life sucks as much as possible until a Democrat is elected president. And Democratic mayors and judges have realized they have tremendous power to make life suck for their constituents, with all blame now going to Abbott for reopening too early.

Does anyone remember my post about the entire hysteria in America being set off by Utah Jazz player Rudy Gobert's positive Covid test being announced right before tipoff on national television? Well, if it wasn't obvious enough that the NBA was/is being used as a primary driver in public influence, talk about full circle...

Sources: NBA, union plan to paint 'Black Lives Matter' on courts in Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    This is ratcheting up more and more by the hour. The vast majority of pro Trump pages, tweets or information is being censored. They took down the pro Trump reddit pages, because they are inherently racist

This one has been buried so much that it took me a whole week to see it, despite spending a couple of hours every day actively seeking out this type of information:
    BLM founder calls for tearing down all statues and white depictions of Jesus across Europe BLM Co-Founder: White-Skinned Jesus Statues Must Also Come Down | News Break

I didn't see this one for several weeks either: Arnold Schwarzenegger statue vandalized in Ohio Arnold Schwarzenegger Statue Defaced During Black Lives Matter Protest | Muscle & Fitness

This level of censorship and blatant propaganda must not be tolerated.
    It's in Newsweek too: Activist Who Wants White Jesus Statues Torn Down Says Christian Whiteness Has Always Been Violent

Obviously, the funders of this shit WANT a civil war; tearing down / burning Jesus is designed to enrage. Will the people be smart enough to go after the funders instead of each other?

Interestingly enough, the Supreme Court ruled today that foreign NGOs do not have constitutional rights:
    Supreme Court decides Soros Funded Open Society's foreign affiliates do not have First Amendment rights or any constitutional rights

IMO, NGOs are a big part of the problem...lots of funny money and influence.

And, i'll drop this documentary about the George Flynn shooting here for deep divers with time:
    Youtube - WeatherMen III - ALL4FLOYD - In Pursuit of Truth Presents - 6.21.20

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    How long do you think it’ll last?
    They will exploit the panic potential by year’s end I guess. The politicians probably would have liked to drag it out for two or three years, but the clickbait engine has been running it hard and fast. The second wave thing was supposed to wait for fall, but the clickbaiters has to bring it to life now.

Looks like this is the new world, gyms opened last week in Melbourne Australia and will now close again in 36 suburbs just one week later due to a “spike” in COVID cases. Police will be enforcing lockdowns. Might have to bite the bullet on a rack !

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And if deaths don't go up, what will we know?
    That a bunch of old people aren't going to suddenly start dying from Covid.

Boring, plodding, depressing - but with a nice photo at the end:

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    3. I didn't imply that you're racist. I explicitly said I disagreed with your idea. Just like I'm stating now that I disagree with you. Unless you care to explain to me how humanity's free will does NOT put the individual as the locus for decision making. I'll wait.

Oh, and I don't think you're racist (no, really). And you're not a race-a-phobe. You're just race averse, and selectively. Your feelings better, now?

4. Let me be more direct if Rip will allow it: stop being a cunt. If you want to challenge my position, do so. If you don't agree, that's fine. But stop putting fucking words in my mouth.
    Whut in tarnation!

I don't put a lot of stock in idea of the individual, exercising his free will, as having any sort of meaningful political agency anymore. When your borders have been bust wide open, and when various races, with different cultural backgrounds (with very different traditions) are forced to live together, it doesn't work. To me, the smallest meaningful social unit is the family. On paper it's great, but in reality that idea has merit when everyone in the society is capable of critical thought, and basically already agrees on the ruleset, and roughly shares the same cultural background, in terms of basic social values and ideals. America was first a product of European guys, according to the white man's Christian universalism, and for white folks of good standing.

Further refinements and the pursuit of egalitarian ideals, which was noble, has now created an environment where the left can do and say as it pleases, because of their right to free speech, and that has included setting up a Big Tech monopoly which harshly polices their adversaries' speech and censors anyone guilty of being politically incorrect. The tolerance and fairness of liberalism has directly lead to a chilling effect on the discourse. There is no "market place" of ideas. Money power, and political power, decide what we can and cannot say.

Apologies for the accusation of implicit racism, especially with the left's tactics at the moment. That was unfair and a poor choice of words... but to be honest your later statements about people being selective in order to justify the creation of a "whites-only tree house" where we can sit around all day and congratulate ourselves for being white, that sounds accurate enough. You seem to agree there is an obvious difference between someone who feels an easy and natural pride in belonging to their people, and one who is an ethno-narcissist.

My ideas about peaceful separation as a possibility for those who may want it comes from the realization that this experiment of mass immigration and multiculturalism is not working. The cultural Marxist left won't retreat, the conservative centre-right cannot (and will not) help, so what other options are there if we are to avoid a violent conflict like a civil war, and total demographic replacement?

"Racism" (the left's terminology) should be better defined as "in-group preference" or positive and negative ethno-centrism which, until quite recently, was a just an evolutionary survival strategy and one seen across all racial groups.

Racial "IDENTITY", as you mentioned, was normal, and a sense of national consciousness and racial belonging to a place based on your ancestry was good, and to be defended from invaders and subversion. Now, identity is meaningless, because we're all atomized individuals, and we're told the politically correct thing to do is base your identity around what products you consume. I think the former was certainly better and made society more cohesive.

As a white person, I think you'll agree if you cross the street when you see a gang of black youths loitering up ahead, that doesn't mean you're an evil racist, but you're someone who is capable of recognising and understanding patterns of behaviour. Not to say that violent street robbery is exclusively the behaviour of black men, but it is found in much higher rates among the black male population of the US, and their higher rates of criminality is the only reason for their over-representation in the prison population. Police officers are not oppressing them, and I bet many cops, of all races, no longer see the risks involved in intervening in black-on-black crime worth the potential damage to their careers or mortgage.

We must talk about why this is and what can be done, given that a civil war was already fought, and slavery is long gone. There is no oppression. People in the multicultural west have had every conceivable opportunity to integrate and achieve happy, fulfilled lives.

Criminal offense rates by Americans, by Race: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbX_-NzU...pg&name=medium

I think the individualist's position, the typical conservative-right position, on this actually makes less sense than the leftist's critical race theory argument, which is also patently bollocks.

The left's argument, now used to single out the white race as uniquely oppressive (and therefore, is the reason why we should be demographically replaced in our homelands - for the good of mankind!), is that we Europeans have historically oppressed other nations and races for our own material gain, and there are plenty of examples in history books to demonstrate this. Fair enough - the European man imposed his will on his environment, and he won.

They argue white people seek to maintain the equilibrium of their hierarchy in modern Western societies by systemically perpetuating racial oppression at the institutional level, and this logically follows because they can draw upon lots of empirical data which, they tell us, demonstrates the material and social "inequalities" suffered by ethnic minorities (mostly black people - East Asians and Indians, for example, are doing pretty good and staying out of trouble, unless you count their proportional over-representation at Google as a form of oppression)

The left says race is merely a "social construct" within the mind, and like you, they say that beyond "superficial" melanin levels and whatnot, race is mostly irrelevant. Their whole argument is at least consistent. Wrong, but consistent.

Yours makes considerably less sense in comparison. Do millions of African American people just to happen to all choose to make the same mistakes, as individuals? Are these dismal per-capita crime/prison/single mother figures all come down to environment and culture, and is this reason other ethnicities like Asians aren't over represented in these figures? What kinds of malign characteristics are ingrained in African American culture which causes them to fall behind in society like this? Who exactly invented this degenerate culture, and propagated it through targeted corporate media, and was there any foul-play involved there?

If you're viewing race through the prism of individualism, how can you ever combat the left's accusations of racism which they're using to justify this march towards their Haitian nightmare? I mean, I get your position as an American patriot, and how today's America is the product of Christian universalism and how this deeply runs through the veins. This lineage of ideas permitted tolerance to be extended to slaves, which lead to their emancipation. It allowed the nation to finally banish the most obvious contradiction to the American idea that equality should be at the center of its legal and political decisions, making America into the least racist country in history. And it's still not enough.

As you say, the American instruction manual has been revised and has seen many iterations - but the change which came after 1965 has become a hitherto never before seen social experiment with disastrous consequences. Not just in terms of civil unrest, which I predict will only become more frequent and violent, but because of the subsequent direction of the political left and where they're able to take our countries as a result of the centre-right being unable to talk about race (in that it doesn't meaningfully exist for them in the first place, or so they claim).

The earlier idea of the nation as an ethnic "crucible" from which the American Man would emerge has been reinvented, and the rebooted idea of America is described as an airport-like space, a glorified economic-zone, which lures in world's poorest people with the promise of unlimited unearned riches and protected victim status for life. The only thing these disparate groups have in common is a shared love of money and material stuff, and will all overwhelmingly vote Democrat. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to get free shit."

In 2019 less than half of children under 15 in the US were white. Think about this. Blacks, Asians and Hispanics overwhelmingly vote Democrat. It will reach a critical mass, and at that point nobody will care about the sanctity of ideas behind your founding documents. The right won't be able to win any more elections when that line has been crossed. If Republican voters are left with no voice, and the ballot box becomes irrelevant, then how is politics going to play out in a nation full of people with competing interests and all armed to the teeth? It will make the American Civil War look quaint.

1/3

starting strength coach development program
    These same self-interested individuals arrive on our shores and are effortlessly captured by the political left, who unlike you have no such compunction about categorizing people in terms of their racial group and politicizing their skin colour. Their base emotions are weaponized by repeating the same anti-white lies at them. The left convinces them, as a group, to collectivize and work together, under a unified message, to erase our culture, dismantle our civilization and censor/cancel any dissenters. Make no mistake, when these anti-white leftists and racially aware ethnic minorities are pulling down your statues, what's happening is you are being flexed on by your new colonizers.

The racial component will be central to the left's future arguments when they come for your guns after some terrible event. As long as individualism dictates how the majority of centre-right conservatives think and behave, and as long as they refuse to collectivize around something more substantial than egalitarianism and the GDP, the left will have their way with that too.

Of course this is happening everywhere. The same can be said of the post-WW2 social democratic reforms and immigration policy of 1948 in my country, which was previously 99.8% white, ethnic British. We did not have the variety and depth of social disintegration we have today which is direct result of mass immigration. Ask me to prove the claim, and I'll tell you to live here, work here, raise a family here and walk our streets.

The population of London was 45% white, ethnic British in 2011 and a new census is due next year. It took Sweden about 10 years to go from its Prime Minister praising Sweden's ethnic homogeneity, to now describing Swedes, and Sweden, as "bad", outmoded and due for a total replacement.

They overwhelmingly vote left: https://twitter.com/BasedPoland/stat...41516819431425

These people have their own traditional beliefs and rulesets, and have higher levels of ethno-centrism than the natives and as such they out-breed us. They aren't interested in "integrating". They don't care about our liberalism, don't play by its rules and they will subsume our tolerant, liberal societies: https://twitter.com/UKStreetCrime1/s...33614641762304

Ethnically homogeneous, highly conformist and ethno-centric societies, like Estonia and Japan, certainly have their own set of problems as with any society but they do not have this level of racial tension and social disintegration either. You can walk around on your own in the most deprived areas of Tokyo or Tallinn at midnight and not worry. Under no circumstances would I walk around certain areas of London at any time of the day.

You're already aware of all that, but I am tediously drilling home the point that your philosophy offers no resistance to the coming tide of mass immigration. Ethno-centrism isn't even desirable under it, let alone possible.

2/3