starting strength gym
Page 448 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3483984384464474484494504584985489481448 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    The deaths will go up, but not at the rate as before because of what I mentioned previously.
    You'll see.
    Ah. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    From Dr Gold:
    "The pore size of cloth face coverings range from ~ 20-100 microns. The Covid virus is 200-1000x smaller than that, at 0.1 microns. Putting up a chain link fence will not keep out a mosquito. Even the most esteemed medical journals admit their purpose is to calm anxiety. “Expanded masking protocols’ greatest contribution may be to reduce the transmission of anxiety …” "

From the CDC CDC - Page Not Found
    "Cloth face coverings are recommended as a simple barrier to help prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the cloth face covering coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice. This is called source control. This recommendation is based on what we know about the role respiratory droplets play in the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19, paired with emerging evidence from clinical and laboratory studies that shows cloth face coverings reduce the spray of droplets when worn over the nose and mouth. "

I'm confused.
    Don't be. The two statements are talking about 2 different things. Dr. Gold is referring to the particle size of the masks/virus and the CDC is saying that the carrier for the particle is spittle which is much larger. The first is certainly true, the second is mostly true (meaning that the virus may also be nominally spread in other ways.)

The latter does not negate the fact that masks are essentially ineffectual. Yes, they will catch some of the larger particles if you are hacking, sneezing, talking or raising your voice (lol at that one), but gaps around the masks will let them pass freely. Masks with large pore sizes can actually vaporize spittle thereby releasing smaller particles increasing the dispersion of the virus through said gaps.

Guess what other viruses spread mostly by respiratory droplet? Guess which one of those we do not have a mask requirement for?

Had a conversation with my newly coronafied brother: if there's no cure for this thing, and overwhelming hospitals is not a factor anymore, aren't attempts to restart the lockdowns and "reduce the spread" with masks just extending the pain? Wouldn't it be better to do this old school chicken pox-style and just get the virus as quickly as possible so we can get the whole ordeal over with?

I realize that a lot of people involved in this have ulterior motives, but as an average American who just wants to get on with life it seems like the most sensible solution is to expose myself to this thing as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Ah. Okay.
    Just give it two more weeks, Rip! Then you'll see, and you'll be sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    I don't put a lot of stock in idea of the individual, exercising his free will, as having any sort of meaningful political agency anymore.
    Well, you're ethnically British, so I assumed that about you. It's pretty obvious that you guys gave up on that a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    When your borders have been bust wide open, and when various races, with different cultural backgrounds (with very different traditions) are forced to live together, it doesn't work.
    Race has no bearing. Culture has tremendous bearing. Stop conflating the two. Oh, I support strong borders.

I read the rest of what you wrote. So help me, God, but I did at least that. So here's my rebuttal:

What's your way forward then? Forcibly remove people? Kill them? Imprison them? Divide the land up and move everyone who looks a certain way or has a certain intelligence to their own place and your people to yours? What are ALL of the demographics you're going to use to define these groups?

What is your EVERY STEP that YOU will take, from A to Z, that YOU will do? Because all I see is a bunch of fucking complaining with absolutely no solution. That, and the great irony is you're speaking exactly as every other person who's played the "us vs them" game throughout history (the most egregious, of course, being the 37 flavors of Marxism). SPOILER ALERT: It always ends in genocide and famine.

Oh, and that's the last time I bother to read that much from you. Try smaller interactions with more questions, or we can drop this entire line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Ah. Okay.
    Careful, Rip... he's got a model. And people also die.

Meanwhile, as cities are in a flurry to pass more mandatory mask ordinance (but NONE of them feature the same rules, and ALL are admittedly unenforceable), our hospitalization of patients with SARS-COV-2 has shot up from 881 to whopping 1,021 in just DAYS, but hey... at least our available beds in the state has increased by around 500. I imagine from all of the people dying so rapidly, and not because people are avoiding seeking medical treatment for all of those lesser ailments and illnesses. Like chest pains or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I've tried to explain this to a select few friends who are all in on the mask ideology and was immediately labeled a conspiracy theorist (they know my background.) Almost everyone I see wearing a mask, whether cloth or bandanna, paper, or construction, are wearing it loosely or outright incorrectly (nose or mouth exposed.) Even worn as intended, facial hair and the gaps around the nose and mouth render it moot.

Fauci knows this and yet won't say it. I never thought I would live to see a time like this...
    He said this.

https://twitter.com/JohnQPublic1717/...24125906141189

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Annino View Post
    Just give it two more weeks, Rip! Then you'll see, and you'll be sorry!
    Fauci says it’s going to be very disturbing. No predictions, just very disturbing.

As if our new common life isn’t already very disturbing? I suppose it wouldn’t be, if we suspended critical faculties and just accepted it.

And if this is a war, there’s no Hitler to topple. There are no clear exit criteria.

But there is a Hydra. The various bits of hysteria can be variously rearranged to continue this state of affairs for many years, if not indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post

And if this is a war, there’s no Hitler to topple. There are no clear exit criteria.

But there is a Hydra. The various bits of hysteria can be variously rearranged to continue this state of affairs for many years, if not indefinitely.

And this RIGHT HERE is what keeps me drinking.

Real fucking scary. This is the reason for my despair.

sb

starting strength coach development program
    Watch this Youtube video from 2014 where journalist Harry Vox reads from a R*ckefeller Document from 2010 detailing a "scenario" or "simulation" that is eerily similar to our current plight with this Virus:
    Investigative journalist Harry Vox warns against coming lockdowns & quarantines...in 2014 (start at 74 seconds)

You can read along with him at page 18:
    PDF Document - Scenarios for the future of Technology and International development: Rockefeller Foundation - 2010

The section he reads is "Lock Step: A world of tighter top-down government control and more authoritarian leadership, with limited innovation and growing citizen pushback"

It's all been carefully planned out for us. And, I expect if we don't comply, Mother Nature will spring a more deadly virus on us....followed by "we told you so" to silence the Rips of the world....because Mother Nature wants these controls for our own safety.

911 Déjà vu much?